shedding and itchy head 6.5 weeks post op

yes this is shock loss

will start growing back between 3-6 months from shed

"start" means beneath the skin so you won't see it till 6-9 months

by 12-18 months it should all be back

hey you may be lucky and see it all back much sooner but if you don't all you can do is wait right now

sux, i know, but many of us have been through this and have come out the other side better

fin or dut helps in the long run

happy growing

Troy,

When did you start the finasteride and minoxidil? These are associated with an initial shed. You may be experiencing a "triple whammy" shed courtesy of shock loss, finasteride, and minoxidil. The drug-induced shed should subside within 3-4 months. The post-operative shock last should resolve around the same time period. However, some report shock loss as far as 5-6 months after the initial shed.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

ive been on finistride for years, i cycled of rogaine for a 2-3 weeks for the ht. Then about 3 weeks post op i shed pretty bad, I look way thinner now than pre-op. the top of my head itches a lot still. Im 7 weeks post op Wednesday.

thanks for the reply...back to waiting...