7 months after ht too soon for another pass.

So im about 7 months and its an ok result so far i have a lot more hair but the hairline is very thin and sparse more so when the hairs a bit longer.I know im still only halfway but it seems like the growth has really slowed so i was just thinking would any doctor be willing to do another ht at this stage or would they say wait the full year.

And to any of you out there who think getting your hair back will transform you and make you less sad and depressed and make the world a brighter place at least in my experience it doesnt .

Oh, so having more hair doesn't feel better at all? So why are you willing to do another, then?

At 7 months it may be a bit premature if you transplant in the same recipient area.

Because some hairs there may not be grown yet, and you simply transplant over them, possibly killing a valid hair there(which doesn't show yet), and putting another graft in there, thus wasting a graft. But if you remember exactly how much hair was transplanted, and if you feel almost all the transplanted hair grew, it should be fine.

But theoretically doctors request that you wait at least 12 months if you transplant in the same area and only 6 months if you transplant to other areas.

Edited by dreamermerlin

Hi there well in my opinion having a hair transplant is not a panacea for all ills, depression etc

it could be argued if someone is severely affected mentally with their hair loss maybe there is a predisposition towards being a a little neurotic or of a depressive nature, let's not kid ourselves there are millions of men around the world who go bald and they get on with their lives raising families successful businesses, in other they forget about their hair -loss and just get on with it, then there are men like us who it bothers, that's why we are on this site, in my case at 6 month post op I certainly feel better in myself , whatever problems I may have I can deal with them with more confidence.

Edited by Mick50

We tend to want an instant fix to our hair loss dilemma. It doesn't work that way. Results take time to manifest. And I would never have a subsequent procedure in the same zone at 7 months post-op. I would give it at least 10 months if not longer for several reasons.

There could still be some new growth albeit probably not much, but every graft is worth its weight in gold IMHO.

And growth in terms of length and caliber maturation both contribute to the illusion of coverage.

Our expectations need to be realistic within our own limitations otherwise disappointment can set in.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

A HT can put an end to concerns over the state of your hair, but if a person has many worries in their life then of course those worries won't all be wiped away once the hair angst has gone.

I would agree with the others and say wait a while longer. You may have seen all the growth you're going to see, but it's very possible that more growth is yet to appear and you don't want to risk harming those grafts.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Yep, you could still possibly have another 20-30% growth left from the first initial procedure...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Yes, wait a good 12 months before going into the same area. Not sure what technique you had and if you want the same again but Strip needs a good year for the scar to heal. If FUE and same again then the donor should have healed well but patience is a virtue and you should really commit to 12 months before then examining fully and plenty of patients who post here would have seen significant improvements from 7 to 12 months also and in maturity of hair as said above.

All the best and hang in there then assess.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 2 weeks later...
I had this same question in between my HTs. I had 3.

After I got the first one and saw the results, I wanted another one immediately. I waited one year, but I went one year on the dot.

That was good sense on your part. Are you happy with your results so far?

Gillenator