What is more important? Grafts or hairs per square cm? Dense packing...

I get that you should have single hair follicles at the very front of the hairline for purposes of looking natural....maybe the first 0.5cm or so. After that 0.5 to 1.0 cm....what's more important, grafts or hairs per square cm?

In other words...would you rather have say.....50 2-hair grafts behind it? Or 40 3-hair grafts behind? I have fine hair...so I am thinking the more hairs, the better (whereas it might not make much difference if you had coarse hair).....and thus not to focus on graft counts so much. Also, I am talking about just at the very first, say, 2cm of the hairline (I realize that in your forelock and mid scalp that you would want as many 3 and 4 hair grafts as possible).

I am getting a density bump in the hairline with Dr. K next week....and I'm probably only going to have him transplant in the first 2 to 2.5cm of the hairline (roughly 35-40 square cm area total).

It seems I see mostly 1 hair grafts at the very front...and then 2 hair grafts behind it. Why don't people go to 3-hair grafts behind it instead of 2?