Whisker Hair - Who has it?

It's hair around ears and nape, which is whispy, almost like beard hair. Its also darker then your current hair. Apparently its seen in guys 18-25 who will be quite bald in future Anyone have it?

Pictures here - http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/arti...ticleid=540404

Apparently, because its such poor hair quality, that part of the hair is not suitable for transplant, which limits the donor area

I agree that nape hair is not considered a primary donor source and IMHO should never be treated as such.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I agree that nape hair is not considered a primary donor source and IMHO should never be treated as such.

Thats what I thought, but when I went for my HT transplant consultation, he said my donor area is good, but limited due to nape hair

Thats what I thought, but when I went for my HT transplant consultation, he said my donor area is good, but limited due to nape hair

If the doctor sated that your donor was limited due to the nape hair, possibly what he is seeing is some amount of retro-alopecia, meaning, that there is some thinner hair at the base of your neck that has worked it's way into the donor zone?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

If the doctor sated that your donor was limited due to the nape hair, possibly what he is seeing is some amount of retro-alopecia, meaning, that there is some thinner hair at the base of your neck that has worked it's way into the donor zone?

Possibly, he could of thought that, but I have had my hair like this for as long as I can remember, he said I have GOOD donor area, but the area is limited as I have whispy beard like hair on my nape and behind ears.. however this has not got worse, so I have no idea what it is

I'm 31 now

Got any pics?

Gillenator