Antidepessants withdrawl and ht hair loss

So ive been taking Zoloft for about 5 months i decided about 3 weeks ago to come off them and ive noticed a lot of shedding . I have had 2 hair transplants and its the transplanted hair that is shedding.

So i just wanted to ask if anyone has had the same problem and if iit resolved itself also if a transplanted hair would act diffrently a native hair in these circumstances.

While I have never been through this myself, I do know of several guys who have and yes, the hair did thicken up again.

Generally speaking, a shed cycle will affect both native as well as transplanted hair.

The shed usually affects the entire scalp.

It may be a better idea to wind down the medication and slowly wean off of it as compared to stopping it completely. This might help to prevent an acute shed. But I am not a doctor and not giving you any medical advice, yet would be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor regarding weaning off of it.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY