American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine

Hi there,

I underwent a hair transplant back in 2014. Back then the surgery was carried out by Dr.Bhatti in Chandigarh. I was pleased with the result and would certainly recommend him.

I am now in a stage where I need to go for another transplant.

As a consequence I have recently consulted a surgeon here in Perth/ Australia for evaluation. The consultation was not really satisfying and I decided to check the surgeons credentials. I am the type of person who likes do some due diligence before undergoing surgery. You wouldn’t buy a house without asking around, so why would you not give your own body the same benefit? Anyway, my research started in making attempts to find some credentials of the surgeon in question.

I came across the google reviews and noticed a five star review from a patient where the name sounded familiar. And in short, it did. The surgeon gave me a business card where reference was taken to his assistant which turned out the that" patient"

That was the moment where I thought it would be worthwhile to investigate the other 5 star reviews. The next 5 star review was given out by the Head of Operations Manager of the Clinic. Another 5 star review was handed down by the father of the surgeon. And the list goes on.

Hence my bemusement towards this unethical behavior, I honestly thought that things could not get any worse. After I have checked his current registration through the medical board of Australia, it turned out that he is general practitioner with an interest into orthopedics. He finished a 12 month ACCS course ( DIPLOMA

OF COSMETIC MEDICINE) and also got hold of an AAAM ( Hair transplant) diploma. I have checked the website of the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine for further information and was pretty much gobsmacked to see that a 3 days workshop course would be enough to gain a diploma. I even obtained the official course program, which highlights the details of the masters course. To round it up, 1 day is just talking , second and third day includes a live hair transplant demonstration. That's it and enough to describe yourself as experienced and qualified hair transplant surgeon. On the surgeon's website, he refers to himself as Cosmetic Surgeon and also as Hair transplant surgeon which I believe is misleading.

Question here to the board members and admins, have you heard of the AAAM master diploma for Hair transplants before and if yes what is your opinion?

Your feedback is much appreciated

Cheers

Manuel

Most of those academies are pretty meaningless and only exist to make your resume look good to unknowing patients. His diploma is probably just a piece of paper that he payed for more than anything.

Not knowing who the teaching surgeon is pretty important too.

Anyway don't go to him