Sun exposure day 8

I recently had an fue done and post op day 8 I spent about an hour in the sunlight.

I did use sunscreen on my scalp.

Now there is a circular patch of less hair in my recipient region. I am now day 13.

Could this be due to sun damage?

I think the solar exposure is because it can produce some stain/discolouration on the recipient area as that skin is very sensitive and inmature.

Most probably the shedding has started and you will get more clear patches in the next days, it’s totally normal :)

One of the main concerns with sun exposure is that should you get burned, it could really impact the growth of the grafts... And this soon after surgery, your scalp is even more exposed and sensitive that normal.

Tbh, if anything did happen in this hour, I'm not sure what you could do to reverse it. But what you can do going forward is to simply avoid the sun at all costs - especially being barely a week after your procedure. You've invested a ton of money into this (not to mention we have a finite number of grafts to use), so I wouldn't even risk screwing it up.

Wear a hat and keep your scalp out of the sun for 6 months. It'll be worth it in the long run and you'll have so much more peace of mind in the process.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56