I'm starting to think there's no hope for me...

I'm 25. I've been on dustasteride, finasteride, and minoxidil for nearly 2 years. Is there hope for me? I'm noticing I have patches of thinning.

I'm afraid my hopes are too high. I want a natural hairline with a moderately conservative hairline. Sometimes I consider just taking a down to a 1 and calling it quits. IMG_20180731_202221.thumb.jpg.6022e4e3bf4ac6d06b65b0926f8557ce.jpg

IMG_20180731_202340.jpg

IMG_20180731_202359.jpg

IMG_20180731_202236.jpg

IMG_20180731_202241.jpg

IMG_20180731_202453.jpg

IMG_20180731_202321.jpg

IMG_20180731_202510.jpg

Hi, are you on finasteride and dutesteride together and on and off for two years?  Was it constant or you took breaks in between?  Did you have any bloodwork done to check for any possible contraints?  Vitamin D levels?  Thyroid test?  If you have patches did you see a dermatologist to see what it could be?  Wish you the best.  

I know it isn’t easy.  We alll have some degree of loss and some more than others.  Luckily you do not have a procedure done and not in that state.  There are folks that had surgeries and are repairs.  You have a healthy virgin scalp.  Definitely see a dermatologist to see what could be the cause hindering growth and those patches.  

It still looks alright and you are not a high norwood yet.  The meds may be keeping the situation from speeding up.  Good luck!

• Administrators

No hope I would definitely not say that, if there was hope for me who at 29 looked like this, then there is definitely hope for you. Do you feel like the medication is working for you? are you taking generic or brand name online medications? I know a lot of these online pharmacies are not regulated, so you never know you're getting the correct dosage or if your even getting the medication, they could include the active ingredient, but how much if that is actually in the pill no one knows. That's why although more expensive its better to buy the brand name from a reputable pharmacy.

fullsizeoutput_6.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.