Potential Recommendation of Dr. Pradeep Sethi & Dr. Arika Bansal of Mumbai

Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We would appreciate your input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal of Mumbai.  At this time, both physicians are only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition.  To see our standards for recommendation, click here

Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal are a husband and wife team of surgeons that work in tandem on each hair transplant procedure at their clinic in Mumbai.  They perform hair transplant surgery exclusively and operate on only one or two patients per day between the two of them.  Both doctors perform both FUE (follicular unit extraction) and FUSS (follicular unit strip surgery) although at this point, they perform very few strip procedures. 

Their primary technique is a modified version of FUE referred to as Direct Hair Transplantation or DHT.  During this technique, follicular units are extracted using a motorized device and planted simultaneously.  They started performing this technique in 2012 and published a scientific paper in the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Science (JCAS) about it in 2013. 

Both Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal are members of several well respected professional organizations including the ISHRS, AHRS, IADVL and the ACSI.  Dr. Bansal is also a board certified diplomate of the ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery).

Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal have just under 10 years of experience performing hair transplants and have been performing exclusive hair transplant surgery since 2013.  They specialize in FUE (DHT), BHT (body hair transplantation), eyebrow transplantation, eyelash restoration, beard transplantation, scar repair and other repair procedures, etc.  They also provide medical treatments for managing male and female pattern baldness. 

Dr.Sethi and Dr. Bansal have the staff and experience to perform large, densely packed sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation exceeding 3000 and 4000 grafts when appropriate for the patient.  Typical session sizes range between 2500 and 3000 grafts.  Large session sizes may exceed 5000 grafts for patients with an optimal donor area. 

The surgeons use a motorized punch used called the MPCID Marathon typically ranging from .8mm to 1mm depending on the patient and the size of the graft.  This reduces trauma and resultant scarring to the skin while eradicating damage to the surrounding follicles.  Dense packing typically ranges from 35 to 50 grafts per square centimeter (FU/cm2) which they feel provides an adequate an illusion of density while preserving vascularity to the scalp.

Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal use all the latest techniques including the trichophytic donor closure technique for strip procedures, microscopic dissection and minimally invasive tools to minimize trauma and maximize dense packing.   

During both procedures, the surgeons pre-make all recipient incisions and then grafts are simultaneously excised and implanted into tiny recipient incisions ranging from .9mm to 1.05mm. 

In order to create the most natural looking hairline and result, Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal select only the finest 1 haired follicular units for placement in the first two rows of the hairline. 

Given Dr. Sethi's and Dr. Bansal's vast experience in performing both state of the art FUE (and some FUSS) and providing only the best results, in my opinion, they should be considered for recommendation.

In the last couple of weeks, Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal presented several examples of their procedure and results on this forum.  Their recent patient and surgical photos can be found below:

2815 Grafts - DHT (Modified FUE) with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal

5604 Grafts with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Banal - DHT (Modified FUE)

3500 grafts with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Arika, DHT (modified FUE), 6 months

2742 grafts with Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal, DHT (modified FUE), 1 year

7892 grafts with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal, DHT (modified FUE), BHT (Beard Hair Transplant), 9 months

6386 grafts with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal, DHT (modified FUE), BHT (Beard Hair Transplant), 9 months

8584 grafts in 2 sessions with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal, DHT (modified FUE), BHT (Beard Hair Transplant), 8 months

5000 grafts with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal, DHT (modified FUE), BHT (Body Hair Transplant), 1 year

3900 grafts with Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal, DHT (modified FUE), 1 year

4980 grafts, Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal, DHT (modified FUE), BHT (Beard Hair Transplant), 6 months

You can find additional examples of their work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding their potential recommendation. 

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill - Managing Publisher of this Community

Hi Bill does the clinic have any cases they could show of patients with less favourable hair characteristics?  i.e more contrast skin to hair colour and finer hair as most if not all of the examples shown are of guys with thick hair caliber and good skin to hair contrast ,this is in no way  takes away form the results presented as they are very good transformations  ,just be nice to see their work on different hair -skin  types 

Edited by Mick50
  • Like 2

Mick,

sonce they operate out of Mumbai, most of their patients are Indian and many of them have thicker hair.  However, there are a few cases presented where the patient their hair is not as thick.

That said, what is your opinion based on the actual results?  Personally I’m very impressed.  

Also, two of his patients @harin and @Ashishmehta have shared their experience and photos on this forum  I know harin is very happy.   Ashish is very happy so far although his results haven’t fully grown in yet. I believe he is only at three months but somehow he still has experienced a good amount of growth already. He has a lot more to go though. 

Best wishes,

Bill

I have seen several results from both these doctors on this forum posted by patients and then i have checked their website and you tube video  and it seems like they are producing solid results. I was thinking to consider them for my own surgery but i was never able to made my mind up. It's great to see bill and his team are finding excellent surgeons within India. It's good to have few options. I am impressed with some of the examples they have presented. @Mick50 i have seen some results on their you tube where they have patients from Canada and USA giving their feedback about doctors. Please watch you can also ask clinic to provide examples of their work they have done on non-Asian patients.

It is yes from me as well..

Edited by ahmedabad_guy

22 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Mick,

sonce they operate out of Mumbai, most of their patients are Indian and many of them have thicker hair.  However, there are a few cases presented where the patient their hair is not as thick.

That said, what is your opinion based on the actual results?  Personally I’m very impressed.  

Also, two of his patients @harin and @Ashishmehta have shared their experience and photos on this forum  I know harin is very happy.   Ashish is very happy so far although his results haven’t fully grown in yet. I believe he is only at three months but somehow he still has experienced a good amount of growth already. He has a lot more to go though. 

Best wishes,

Bill

I have commented before on their results and have been very impressed with the clinic ,I have actually spoken to Dr Bansal on the phone and I got the impression she was very mindful that I had already had 4200 FUE grafts  and donor management would be imperative as would be very easy to over harvest ,I personally think I have 2000   2500 grafts max left ,other clinics have said 3000 grafts no problem, so I liked she was being realistic with me .

On that basis and results shown I think they should be up for recommendation .

Edited by Mick50
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mick50 said:

Hi Bill does the clinic have any cases they could show of patients with less favourable hair characteristics?  i.e more contrast skin to hair colour and finer hair as most if not all of the examples shown are of guys with thick hair caliber and good skin to hair contrast ,this is in no way  takes away form the results presented as they are very good transformations  ,just be nice to see their work on different hair -skin  types 

Dear Mick50,

Thank you for reviewing our cases. As told by Bill, we get mostly patients from India or Indian origins from other countries. However, the Indians who stay abroad and have received results from us had started referring their friends from their country of work and stay. We keep getting patients having lighter skin and hair colour and also patients with Negroid origin. (Here to mention that we get most of our patients referred by our old patients from all across the world and doctors sending their patients to us). So, we will be keeping on posting some western results time to time. Please go through the following link of a case of 1 year after transplantation.

Edited by Dr. Sethi & Dr. Bansal

• Administrators

@BlackPanther

I will also like to add black panther as one of their patients. I have been impressed with their results for years, so this is a yes from me, but I’d love to hear what the community thinks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@BlackPanther

I will also like to add as one of their patients. I have been impressed with their results for years, so this is a yes from me, but I’d love to hear what the community thinks. 

Absolutely, I am biased because I got my HT done by Eugenix, its a big yes from me as well. They deserve this recommendation.

Melvin, Hair Greed''... :) ?

(just kidding). 

Edited by harin

My Thread: 

hi bill

I have completed 1 year since my HT with Eugenix. I was NW6 and most of the Indian doctors who are recommended on this forum refused to promise decent coverage considering my week donor area and high Norwood stage. It was Eugenix ( which I came to know through this forum) that showed me ray of hope. I am pretty much satisfied with my results and even considering to go for second sitting. Their best part is they make best use of body hairs which are necessary in case of high norwood stage. I would highly recommend them.

my journey

22 hours ago, ahmedabad_guy said:

I have seen several results from both these doctors on this forum posted by patients and then i have checked their website and you tube video  and it seems like they are producing solid results. I was thinking to consider them for my own surgery but i was never able to made my mind up. It's great to see bill and his team are finding excellent surgeons within India. It's good to have few options. I am impressed with some of the examples they have presented. @Mick50 i have seen some results on their you tube where they have patients from Canada and USA giving their feedback about doctors. Please watch you can also ask clinic to provide examples of their work they have done on non-Asian patients.

It is yes from me as well..

Hi

I am also from Ahmedabad basically. So you may contact me on my email. Ashishmehta1269@gmail.com 

I have been look for my self from 4 years. But then i fix with Eugenix as they open last year in Mumbai.

Its easy for us as they near by gujarat and mumbai international airport.

Even they do good prp and al as well.

Atleast visit them. Then call is yours.

On 11/22/2018 at 4:10 AM, budhair said:

hi bill

I have completed 1 year since my HT with Eugenix. I was NW6 and most of the Indian doctors who are recommended on this forum refused to promise decent coverage considering my week donor area and high Norwood stage. It was Eugenix ( which I came to know through this forum) that showed me ray of hope. I am pretty much satisfied with my results and even considering to go for second sitting. Their best part is they make best use of body hairs which are necessary in case of high norwood stage. I would highly recommend them.

my journey

@budhair,

That is extremely encouraging, thank you so much for sharing your experience… As a patient of theirs, your input is of most value since you have direct experience.  While all member input is highly valued, clearly a direct patient will have the most experience. I’m also very impressed to hear that most surgeons thought that you weren’t a candidate but yet  they felt you were and you are satisfied with your results and are likely going back for a second procedure to get more.   Of course, this doesn’t dismiss any other surgeon this recommendation however, it speaks volumes of their impressive work. 

Best wishes,

Bill

On 11/22/2018 at 4:50 AM, Ashishmehta said:

Hi

I am also from Ahmedabad basically. So you may contact me on my email. Ashishmehta1269@gmail.com 

I have been look for my self from 4 years. But then i fix with Eugenix as they open last year in Mumbai.

Its easy for us as they near by gujarat and mumbai international airport.

Even they do good prp and al as well.

Atleast visit them. Then call is yours.

@Ashishmehta,

Thank you for chiming in as well. As I said above, as one of their patience, your input is one of the most highly value. While all member input is appreciated and considered,  Direct patient input, especially those we’ve verified are patients  and who has posted there procedure, experience and results to date on this forum  his most valuable because you have direct experience with the clinic and both doctors. 

Personally, I’ve been very impressed by both physicians and all the feedback I’ve gotten so far has been highly positive, including private input I received from other members and recommended surgeons. 

We will wait for a little more import over the next couple days before making a final decision ( especially because we just send out a newsletter to garner more imput) but everything looks great so far. 

Best wishes,

Bill

@harin and @BlackPanther,

I see that both of you have also shared your experience and results  from these surgeons on our forum and both of you are impressed and happy as well. That’s very encouraging. So in addition to the highly impressive examples we’ve seen from the clinic themselves, that’s 4 patient members who have shared their experience in photos on this forum long before we’ve even present of them for potential recommendation. I think this must be some kind of record 🙂

It’s almost all necessary to continue asking for feedback at this point however, since we did just send the newsletter asking for input, we will wait a couple more days for additional input. We do want to be thorough in our evaluations also, given the accolades for these doctors, it hardly seems necessary.   But, our community is the only one that is very thorough in the way we prescreens surgeons which is why our recommendations at merit. We leave no stone unturned -  which frankly, is another reason why we haven’t presented any doctors for awhile. 

Many hair transplant surgeons want in and to be recommended hear but not many want to take the time to go through the process because they just want to pay a fee for advertising. But that’s not how our community works. There are tons of other websites that will just take their money and list them, but we prefer to be thorough and make sure our recommendations are of surgeons who have a proven track record of producing outstanding results. 

Best wishes,

Bill

2 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Didn't hear of them until they started putting up a lot of results the last few weeks. I was impressed with pretty much every one of those.

Thank you for your appreciation. We just started posting our cases.

We have been doing hair transplants since 2010, and doing exclusively only hair restoration since 2013. We have documented most of our cases well and there are many who are very interesting. We will keep posting the cases.

• Like 1

Hey @Bill - Managing Publisher

i would definitely recommend dr Pradeep Sethi and dr arika. I had surgery with them two years ago and posted my results at the same time too. Please check my thread https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/48229-results-after-9-months-thanks-eugenix/

i was very happy when I saw community is thinking to consider them. I was surprised he was not recommended here but I am glad you are thinking to consider him now. You and your team are doing wonderful job.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Great feedback guys,

Ultimately, we like to be as transparent as possible, so the feedback the community provides is invaluable. So, please keep it coming.

@BjornBorg I'm glad this platform has allowed you to see their work and results. In the end, that's what this forum is all about.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Having 2 Hair transplants with Eugenix, I would Definitely recommend Dr Bansal and Dr Sethi to join this community

2nd HT - 4500 Grafts - FUE/BHT  Through DHT - sept 27 - 2017

3rd HT - 3500 Grafts - FUE/BHT  Through DHT - sept 27 - 2018

Dr Arika Bansal is a  Highly Experienced  and a  Patient Caring Surgeon  who along with Dr Sethi and their team are  Consistently Producing Impressive natural Results. They Should have already been Recommended a long time ago. 

Will be Posting my Hair Transplant Results with Dr Bansal soon. 

Edited by Niko1
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone who provided their input on this important topic.  Frankly, given the overwhelmingly positive feedback that we've received from several of his patients, forum members and other highly respected physicians recommended by our community, approving both Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal for recommendation is a no brainer.  Thus, let's congratulate both Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal for being approved for recommendation.

You can view their profiles below.

Dr. Arika Bansal is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Dr. Pradeep Sethi is reommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Let's congratulate and give a warm welcome to both physicians.  We look forward to seeing more outstanding results coming from both doctors for years to come.

Best wishes,

Bill

2 minutes ago, ahmedabad_guy said:

congratulations to both doctors. Thanks @Bill - Managing Publisher

We look forward to have many more results from these two doctors IMO they are both great surgeons. 

Thank you for your encouragement. We shall definitely provide more scientific results for everyone to view.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Congratulations, Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal 👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 2

View my thread