Whats the Most Grafts a Doctor Can Transplant?

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, dtap said:

nope only being real

Your post was reported. Like I said, there’s no need to be snooty. Every one here is here for the same purpose to learn. 

I was just an inch away from booking a a hairmill based on google reviews before i stumbled upon this goldmine of a forum. 

I’m a paid administrator for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive compensation from any clinic, and my comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I did 7000 grafts over 2 days (3500 grafts each day, I have a thread about this) .

Now this doesn't mean everyone can and should do this, it is very individual and depends on many factors that have already been mentioned and the doctor you select must have a good portfolio to show other similar cases like yours to be able to give you an idea of what you might be able to achieve with the grafts he plans to extract. 

I would presume that you have already seen many different, well documented results from the surgeon you are thinking of choosing? 

On 7/18/2021 at 6:07 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your post was reported. Like I said, there’s no need to be snooty. Every one here is here for the same purpose to learn. 

1 person cant understand 1 word and it deemed a report? lol strange but ok not that serious

On 7/18/2021 at 6:27 PM, HugoX said:

I did 7000 grafts over 2 days (3500 grafts each day, I have a thread about this) .

Now this doesn't mean everyone can and should do this, it is very individual and depends on many factors that have already been mentioned and the doctor you select must have a good portfolio to show other similar cases like yours to be able to give you an idea of what you might be able to achieve with the grafts he plans to extract. 

I would presume that you have already seen many different, well documented results from the surgeon you are thinking of choosing? 

Incredible! 7000 grafts in 2 sessions in 2 days?

But even in capable hands dont you think its a bit overboard? The first thing I think about is shock loss since more than 10,000 holes are punctured in your head which includes those from the donor area.

Yes your presumption is correct, I have seen yt vids on these big sessions. Its just amazing how some patients' follicles during such a huge sessions manage to survive to later on thrive to blossom a year post op.

Would like to see your result Link it up! Looking forward to it

Edited by dtap

7 hours ago, dtap said:

1 person cant understand 1 word and it deemed a report? lol strange but ok not that serious

Incredible! 7000 grafts in 2 sessions in 2 days?

But even in capable hands dont you think its a bit overboard? The first thing I think about is shock loss since more than 10,000 holes are punctured in your head which includes those from the donor area.

Yes your presumption is correct, I have seen yt vids on these big sessions. Its just amazing how some patients' follicles during such a huge sessions manage to survive to later on thrive to blossom a year post op.

Would like to see your result Link it up! Looking forward to it

There is always a risk when doing a hair transplant, important things is to do your research and make sure the surgeon you choose has a good track record and have experience in the type of transplant you are doing (large secessions, repairs, FUE, strip etc) 

Here is my thread :

11 hours ago, HugoX said:

There is always a risk when doing a hair transplant, important things is to do your research and make sure the surgeon you choose has a good track record and have experience in the type of transplant you are doing (large secessions, repairs, FUE, strip etc)

Appreciate your link with pics. According to your pics at 5.5 months postop you look very good. I'd say in 2 months it'll look perfect with no need to wait the full year postop.

Currently I'm torn between couto and baubac. Both are highly capable doctors. My concern is will it turn out to be what I expect? That is, will I get density and what about shock loss? Those are my 2 biggest concerns.

How much did doctor Zarev charge you?

Edited by dtap

On 7/21/2021 at 12:21 AM, dtap said:

Appreciate your link with pics. According to your pics at 5.5 months postop you look very good. I'd say in 2 months it'll look perfect with no need to wait the full year postop.

Currently I'm torn between couto and baubac. Both are highly capable doctors. My concern is will it turn out to be what I expect? That is, will I get density and what about shock loss? Those are my 2 biggest concerns.

How much did doctor Zarev charge you?

Dr Zarev charges 4€/graft which is also stated at his web page. 

Expectations when doing hair transplant should be connected to your current hair loss, future hair loss and donor capacity. You should not look at another persons picture and think you will get that result, it could give you an indication, but don't expect exactly the same as it is very individual. So many factors to consider as mentioned before, age, current hair loss, future hair loss, medications. 

You should go with the mind set and expect shock loss in some way so you don't feel surprised when/if it happens, I think most people get some sort of chock loss, some minor some more , I didn't as I was already Norwood 6/7,not much left to chock 😅😭

You haven't posted any pictures of your hair have you? This would help so the forum can give better answers. 

Edited by HugoX

5 hours ago, HugoX said:

You should go with the mind set and expect shock loss in some way so you don't feel surprised when/if it happens, I think most people get some sort of chock loss, some monorail, some of more , I didn't as I was already Norwood 6/7,not much left to chock 😅😭.

You haven't posted any pictures of your hair have you? This would help so the forum can give better answers. 

Appreciate the reply. But are you saying that shock loss is to be expected to a lesser degree or another no matter what?

I'll be sending my pics soon.

Edited by dtap

• Administrators
6 hours ago, HugoX said:

Dr Zarev charges 4€/graft which is also stated at his web page. 

Expectations when doing hair transplant should be connected to your current hair loss, future hair loss and donor capacity. You should not look at another persons picture and think you will get that result, it could give you an indication, but don't expect exactly the same as it is very individual. So many factors to consider as mentioned before, age, current hair loss, future hair loss, medications. 

You should go with the mind set and expect shock loss in some way so you don't feel surprised when/if it happens, I think most people get some sort of chock loss, some monorail, some of more , I didn't as I was already Norwood 6/7,not much left to chock 😅😭

I feel like Dr. Zarev has gotten this sort of mysticism to him, but I think people are misunderstanding. He's an excellent surgeon, there's no doubt. But the number of grafts depends on your donor supply, no surgeon can magically get more hair from a sparse donor. There's no magic to hair transplant surgery. I have noticed some guys have been talking about Zarev like he has a magic wand, which he has said is not the case.

• Like 1

I was just an inch away from booking a a hairmill based on google reviews before i stumbled upon this goldmine of a forum. 

I’m a paid administrator for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive compensation from any clinic, and my comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I feel like Dr. Zarev has gotten this sort of mysticism to him, but I think people are misunderstanding. He's an excellent surgeon, there's no doubt. But the number of grafts depends on your donor supply, no surgeon can magically get more hair from a sparse donor. There's no magic to hair transplant surgery. I have noticed some guys have been talking about Zarev like he has a magic wand, which he has said is not the case.

Exactly, he says this often, very few have the donor capacity to do 10k+ transplants without over harvesting or staying within safe zone. 

Even though must be said , not many surgeons can do 10-11 hours surgery a day and do all part of the surgery by themselves and do 7-8k over 2 days.

I feel like donor survival is also important not often talked about, no point extracting 7k if your going to loose 10-30% of that. 

For me personally it looks like atleast 99.99% are growing 🙏

Anyway, this thread is not about Dr Zarev 😁

@dtap you should talk more to the surgeons you want to go with about chock loss and what to expect, but in my experience from sering other peoples journey when doing hair transplant is that chock loss is to be expected in some sort, of course there are those that don't experience any chock loss, I would think this also depends on current hair loss (very active or not) but also on surgeon that don't damage surrounding healthy folices, but I am no expert and I am sure others in this forum have better experience in this field.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HugoX said:

Anyway, this thread is not about Dr Zarev 😁.

Lol.. exactly! Good point.

@dtap you should talk more to the surgeons you want to go with about chock loss and what to expect, but in my experience from sering other peoples journey when doing hair transplant is that chock loss is to be expected in some sort, of course there are those that don't experience any chock loss, I would think this also depends on current hair loss (very active or not) but also on surgeon that don't damage surrounding healthy folices, but I am no expert and I am sure others in this forum have better experience in this field.

I'll go ahead and ask others. Appreciate that.

I'll be sending you my pics soon. Thanks for the input!

• Like 1