~2200 Graft FUT with Carlos Wesley, NYC, 7/21/21 2nd Surgery 539 grafts, 7/14/22

Washdc, what did you decide finally?  I returned to wesley for a review and he agreed to do a third procedure with around 500 grafts. I asked then why he only suggested 200 in the last procedure and he said he felt was proper amount at the time (one year ago). Didnt make much sense to me.  I then wrote asking for a discount as i said if he had put the higher amount of grafts in the second orocedure as i had asked multiple times to do, then i wouldnt have had to return for third procedure.  
so unbelievably he wrote telling me he refuses to treat me more and to go to a different dr!

• Wow 1

Wow that's awful. Did he give you an explanation why he wouldn't treat you any longer?  

Maybe he's the second one on the recommended list that should be re-evaluated.

The second one he agreed to only 200 grafts free but i kept insisting on more so i said i would pay any above 200. In the end he only put in 258 so i paid for 58 grafts but i kept telling him to put in at least 400 but he refused.  After one year i returned and he gave me options of doing nothing or some injections or 500 grafts.  As the same area bothered me  as when i initially went to him as well for the second procedure, i only wanted more grafts. If he really didnt think i needed them he wouldnt have suggested 500.  When i asked if a discount could apply he became triggered telling me it was his final decision and to go elsewhere. I thought that most unfair, all he had to do was say he couldnt give the discount, his reaction really shocked me.   The first orocedure i cant recall but was around 10-12,000.   There is definitely an improvement but as i said the same area in center front that initially bothered me is still sparse. If anyone can recommend a NY dr pls let me know.  But based on all this i would not recommend him. 
i might add that he puffs up the hair for the post photos so you can know they are not the true results at least in my case. 

He said well obviously i didnt have confidence in him so go elsewhere and its his final decision not to treat me more.  Which is absurd, if i had no confidence i would not want to return for a third procedure (my husband felt he knew the work he had done so i should just stay with him).  I have to say his reply was totally unexpected and shocked me. 

I also had an unpleasant interaction with Wesley when I went for a consultation. His personality came across as a strange mix of social ineptitude coupled with unprovoked hostility. He actually shouted at me at one point, and I’m quite a placid and softly spoken individual. I didn’t react at the time as I was embarrassed on his behalf, but it took me left of field. Afterwards, his manager repeatedly emphasized that if I proceeded with surgery, he would not be available for any follow up until the full 12 months had elapsed, and that any issues would only be addressed by his assistants. I could only find a single patient-posted positive review for him on the site, whilst the few other reviews all had a poor yield. In the end I felt his temperament and results were not worth the risk for me. I don’t have any personal experience with any other local surgeons to provide a recommendation unfortunately. You could try contacting Dr Nadimi (who works with Dr Konior) to see if she could help you out, but I don’t know if she would do the small number of grafts you’d need as a “no shave” procedure. Good luck

Based on Wesleys reaction and also my results i would not recommend him. What particularly irritated me was in second session my saying multiple times even the day of surgery i wanted more grafts even i would pay them.  And he refused saying the 258 was enough.  And then suggesting 500 grafts for the third.  Why didnt he just give me more grafts in the second. And when i told him this he really got triggered which was a bit scary. 

• Moderators
On 6/11/2024 at 1:17 AM, Rolo said:

I trying to find someone in ny

You can try Dr Dorin in Garden City NY. He does smaller sessions and does excellent hairlines. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2024 at 6:02 AM, Rolo said:

Washdc, what did you decide finally?  I returned to wesley for a review and he agreed to do a third procedure with around 500 grafts. I asked then why he only suggested 200 in the last procedure and he said he felt was proper amount at the time (one year ago). Didnt make much sense to me.  I then wrote asking for a discount as i said if he had put the higher amount of grafts in the second orocedure as i had asked multiple times to do, then i wouldnt have had to return for third procedure.  
so unbelievably he wrote telling me he refuses to treat me more and to go to a different dr!

This doctor is such a joke. He is wasting time of patients by doing multiple extra-small procedures. 

You know you are right. I hadnt thought of it that way. So he insists i only need graft of 200-250 even though i kept suggesting 400-500.  And after it still doesnt work, he tells me he can do the third procedure with 500.   Thats insane.