Painful decade long journey. 34 yo | 3x HT

track_rat

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hey all, wanted to get some advice from you all. I have Konior on 11/4 for about 500 scalp grafts strategically placed on my midscalp and wherever else he sees appropriate. Important to note that I have never really had anything placed there, and think I would benefit tremendously from this. Most of the work that’s been done to correct Eugenix work has been hairline and the back of my head. I am going to ask if he will pepper in some chest hair if time allows so we can see how they behave as a filler. 

Anyways, Konior obviously shaves the donor for extraction. I’m in a wedding on 12/7 and am a bit concerned about the donor and recovery. Do you think this one month is enough time for the donor area to grow back and look normal? He’s fairly booked up so it’s not going to be easy to reschedule.

One more question - When someone like myself has so much body hair implanted in the donor, does that pose some risk of a surgeon mistakenly extracting a body hair when intending to remove scalp only hair? Or is this super intuitive for them?

Thanks all!

Edited by track_rat

• Valued Contributor
34 minutes ago, track_rat said:

Do you think this one month is enough time for the donor area to grow back and look normal?

Donor tends to heal quickly, and in any event, 4 weeks of hair growth in the donor should be plenty to cover up the extractions. 500 grafts extracted shouldn't be too traumatic either.

35 minutes ago, track_rat said:

When someone like myself has so much body hair implanted in the donor, does that pose some risk of a surgeon mistakenly extracting a body hair when intending to remove scalp only hair? Or is this super intuitive for them?

This is definitely a question for Dr Konior - I don't personally know what methods he would be using or how he would differentiate scalp from body hair. It might be obvious under magnification. If you ask Konior, please so report back on the answer as I think that would be a very interesting piece of technical knowledge for the forum.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, track_rat said:

Hey all, wanted to get some advice from you all. I have Konior on 11/4 for about 500 scalp grafts strategically placed on my midscalp and wherever else he sees appropriate. Important to note that I have never really had anything placed there, and think I would benefit tremendously from this. Most of the work that’s been done to correct Eugenix work has been hairline and the back of my head. I am going to ask if he will pepper in some chest hair if time allows so we can see how they behave as a filler. 

Anyways, Konior obviously shaves the donor for extraction. I’m in a wedding on 12/7 and am a bit concerned about the donor and recovery. Do you think this one month is enough time for the donor area to grow back and look normal? He’s fairly booked up so it’s not going to be easy to reschedule.

One more question - When someone like myself has so much body hair implanted in the donor, does that pose some risk of a surgeon mistakenly extracting a body hair when intending to remove scalp only hair? Or is this super intuitive for them?

Thanks all!

From my understanding, in an FUE procedure surgeons use a microscope during the extraction process to see the follicles close up which allows them to differentiate between singles, doubles, triples etc. In the same way, they will likely be able to see the difference in caliber between scalp and body hair as they tend to look much different. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, track_rat said:

I have Konior on 11/4 for about 500 scalp grafts

can you please share the price for this procedure? 

Konior is known for being very expensive, and I'm curious how much this relatively small surgery will cost. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

can you please share the price for this procedure? 

Konior is known for being very expensive, and I'm curious how much this relatively small surgery will cost. Thanks. 

I’ll DM you. It’s the same fee from my last session. If memory serves the last time I mentioned Dr.K cost the thread got slightly derailed. He charges (me at least) a session fee. So it’s not based on graft count. 500 grafts on my donor into an unshaven recipient would take considerably longer than the same graft count for a virgin or less needled head, if that makes sense. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, track_rat said:

Probably best person to answer would be @mustang, as he had repeated rounds of restocking and extractions. I seem to recall from him thread that his dr was able to tell them apart, but don't quote me on this

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/