How many grafts? Enough donor hair? Any clinic recommendations please?

On 10/9/2021 at 9:58 AM, ForMyHusband said:

Oh cool! Of course. I’ve learnt that now. My husband knows one guy personally who had a hair transplant with the doctor he had planned to see (Dr Ziya Yavuz at Arcibadem) and his result was amazing. I fully appreciate now though that that one perfect result doesn’t stand for much and they doesn’t mean they’re good for everyone. 

That’s a good idea. I will have a look at those doctors! Thanks so so much again! 

Didn't expect serious clinic and well known for many Medicine areas like Acibadem allow such doctors like dr. Ziya Yavuz to work for them, as saw by @Egy that doctor not ok, and seems like usual @Egy's informations and experience with doctors are right ;) , fast search on Acibadem's clinic website, resulted with this below :) ,

sOdBp79.jpg

no any trace about dr. Ziya Yavuz and his "work" at Acibadem :) ...

Only what can be, he rent their some rooms in this clinics and they say he "works" in Acibadem, physically - yes "work" in their rooms - rent them :), technically - no :), because he does not work in this reputable clinic.

Even at this web, he wrote lie that work for Acibadem :) ,

https://www.drziyayavuz.com/

"TURKEY'S LEADING VIP JCI ACCREDITED HOSPITAL

Dr. Ziya Yavuz works at Acibadem Hospital, a prestigious cosmetic and hair surgery hospital in Turkey"

and then on his website absolute different address than Acibadem Hospital Kadikoy where he wrote to work :) ,

Fulya, Teşvikiye Mah. Hakkı Yeten Cad. Doğu İş Merkezi, D:Kat 4,  if we check this address at Gmaps, there is no any Acibadem clinic Kadikoy :) .

And short search on Acibadem oficial website results, that in Acibadem Kadikoy clinic, only this doctor works :) ,

Assist. Prof. BERKHAN YILMAZ, M.D.

i can confirm this, as when contacted Acibadem, they connected me to this doctor Assist. Prof. Berkhan Yilmaz M.D.

So, this is one more example how those hair mills like this guy dr. Ziya Yavuz, and similar doctors act, by selling people lies...

• Like 1

Hi,

I just came across this post and I agree with the general feedback that other knowledgeable members shared. Your husband is 29 and is keen on a very good coverage, which is very challenging given his donor area. Ofcourse an in person evaluation is always best, but in my humble opinion, he will probably lose more hair in his donor and taking any decent number can be quite risky. He will need to start on finasteride once your IVF cycle is done- best of luck with that!

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 10/9/2021 at 8:17 AM, ForMyHusband said:

I am posting on behalf of my husband. 

He’s 29 and we are in the UK. He has been shaving his head for just over 1 year. His hair started thinning around 4 years ago, but it progressed quickly in the year before he first shaved it. He’s been thinking about a hair transplant for a few months. 

Below are some photos of his head. My questions are does he have enough donor hair to achieve a good fullness up top? How many grafts would he likely need? Any recommended clinics in the UK or elsewhere and any idea of their rough prices too? We don’t have a budget as such, but was hoping to spend maybe £5k or less, but I’m not sure if that’s ridiculously unrealistic.

He is concerned about not achieving a full enough look and ending up looking like his hair was thinning and having to shave it again in the end. I am concerned about maybe a lack of donor hair and having a patchy donor area afterwards. Also concerns that his natural hair loss will continue over the next few years. 

He hasn’t started taking finasteride or minoxidil. Mainly because we are going through IVF and I am concerned about the effects on a baby if I got pregnant. Any thoughts on this issue and how necessary taking it is would be great please! 

Any thoughts or observations would be great please! Please also ask any relevant questions if I've missed anything. Thanks. 

I'm genuinely curious, and i hope you don't mind me asking this, but i was just wondering who is more in favour of the transplant, you or your husband? 

I don't think I've ever seen someone on the forum asking and researching on behalf of their husband before, that's all.

So I just wondered if it was your idea, or maybe he just simply doesn't like researching this stuff?

Thanks

• Like 2