Avoid Hair Mills

• Administrators

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Fantastic video by our friend Melvin

I am sick and tired of people accepting these hair mills and their results just because they are distracted by the luxury taxi... fancy hotel.... friendly service... and the edited before - after photos. A full head of hair with thick hairs on the hairline seems to be acceptable just because it's just hair??

The fact that even celebrities and people with a big social media following are going to these Instagram clinics is making the situation even worse. They need to educate themselves and know the difference compared to something soft and natural.. because sooner or later they will all learn how a hair transplant should be and they will all end up being repair cases...

Edited by Ryan Daniel
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

I am sick and tired of people accepting these hill mills and their results just because they are distracted by the luxury taxi... fancy hotel.... friendly service... and the edited before - after photos. A full head of hair with thick hairs on the hairline seems to be acceptable just because it's just hair??

The fact that even celebrities and people with a big social media following are going to these Instagram clinics is making the situation even worse. They need to educate themselves and know the difference compared to something soft and natural.. because sooner or later they will all learn how a hair transplant should be and they will all end up being repair cases...

The problem is you can't always educate gullible people who will think you don't know what you're talking about versus these so called "experts". 

The flash side of luxury hotels, pick up in a nice car by hair mills in Turkey is a key part of their shtick for attracting these young naive people who don't truly understand. 

You'd probably be surprised how many people think that the donor areas actually something that regrows and don't know it's a finite source. They simply don't do enough research. 

They genuinely think its akin to say a woman going for breast augmentation where the stuffs inserted and basically do what you want to get the result you want. 

I think genuinely the industry will not change and once Stemson manage to get unlimited hair grafts, if they aren't as bothered who gets access to their stuff, Turkish hair mills are just going to try churn out even more results for money. 

At least if Stemson went to human trials, stayed extremely selective of how their products are used then it might mitigate things but if i'm honest, companies chase profit first and they'll use PR to spin how they manage the safety of patients etc. and only supply to doctors with credentials. Which is a shame but that's the reality awaiting us. The only potential positive is that should more doctors get trained and become competent, we might have a chance to repair those cases but i dare to say, once a virgin head has been transplanted on badly, the damage could be done with cobbling etc. and even if you punched every graft out, it's just causing further trauma than had somebody gone to somebody reputable in the first place. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

I am sick and tired of people accepting these hill mills and their results just because they are distracted by the luxury taxi... fancy hotel.... friendly service... and the edited before - after photos. A full head of hair with thick hairs on the hairline seems to be acceptable just because it's just hair??

Well said 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Valued Contributor

Great video Melvin and what happened to @Doron Harati can happen to anyone and everyone. Doron I didn't think you would get to see your next birthday after your first procedure in Turkey. However you obviously have! Happy birthday for today mate! 🥳🤘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good video and really hope it will make some stop and think. 

Undergoing a surgery doesn't make one an expert, and Influencers have indeed been a part in this, most of them NEVER spent a day in any clinic, apart from their surgery, probably don't even know what cicatricial alopecia is, copy content from others to post, claim to be experts and charge you for zoom consultations that will give ZERO empirical data to the patient..it is about "them" more than the punter and some of them also have poor and unnatural hair lines or took MANY surgeries for limited loss, so, would I really seek their advice? Answers on a postcard...Well done Melvin for warning others of their possible fate..

• Haha 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

40 minutes ago, sl said:

Undergoing a surgery doesn't make one an expert, and Influencers have indeed been a part in this, most of them NEVER spent a day in any clinic, apart from their surgery, probably don't even know what cicatricial alopecia is, copy content from others to post, claim to be experts and charge you for zoom consultations that will give ZERO empirical data to the patient..it is about "them" more than the punter and some of them also have poor and unnatural hair lines or took MANY surgeries for limited loss, so, would I really seek their advice? Answers on a postcard...Well done Melvin for warning others of their possible fate..

The unfortunate reality is that a bald head that suddenly has a full look in an impressive "transformation" and i came across one on Reddit's R/Tressless where he had gone to Turkey and people were praising his results but anybody with a laymen understanding instantly can see the multi grafts and pluggy look as well as how the density didn't transition naturally at all. 

Yet, this Instagram/Tik Tok/Snapchat generation want immediate results, don't do their research and end up botched. 

In many ways, i pity them but the adage "A fool and their money are soon parted" seems more apt than ever. 

I think until there's a genuinely popular influencer that has some integrity countersign the BS out there, it won't change. Fanboys of bodybuilders following Greg Doucette, Chris Bumstead etc. will fall into the Horror Mills of Turkey etc. offering cheap deals and a flashy airport transfer and hotel stay on Instagram with some stupid thumbs up posing only to never show up again if their results aren't good enough to display and their story of being botched gets drowned out in the noise. Yet they then end up here etc. trying to repair it and may never even have an option. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, sl said:

Yes indeed 🙌🏼

View my thread

• Administrators
3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

The unfortunate reality is that a bald head that suddenly has a full look in an impressive "transformation" and i came across one on Reddit's R/Tressless where he had gone to Turkey and people were praising his results but anybody with a laymen understanding instantly can see the multi grafts and pluggy look as well as how the density didn't transition naturally at all. 

Yet, this Instagram/Tik Tok/Snapchat generation want immediate results, don't do their research and end up botched. 

In many ways, i pity them but the adage "A fool and their money are soon parted" seems more apt than ever. 

I think until there's a genuinely popular influencer that has some integrity countersign the BS out there, it won't change. Fanboys of bodybuilders following Greg Doucette, Chris Bumstead etc. will fall into the Horror Mills of Turkey etc. offering cheap deals and a flashy airport transfer and hotel stay on Instagram with some stupid thumbs up posing only to never show up again if their results aren't good enough to display and their story of being botched gets drowned out in the noise. Yet they then end up here etc. trying to repair it and may never even have an option. 

I’ve thought about creating a tik tok, but not sure if there’s a lot of misinformation on there. What do you guys think?

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ve thought about creating a tik tok, but not sure if there’s a lot of misinformation on there. What do you guys think?

I think Tik Tok will eventually have these Hair Mills showing on there if they don't already tbh. So it's a good idea but just have to format the content for their specific sort of platform i guess compared to YouTube etc. 

20 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Great video Melvin and what happened to @Doron Harati can happen to anyone and everyone. Doron I didn't think you would get to see your next birthday after your first procedure in Turkey. However you obviously have! Happy birthday for today mate! 🥳🤘

Thank you @Gatsby 😀

The ironic thing is that my horrific HT experience in Turkey was on my birthday as a present (that I'll never forget), but I didn't pay cheap, the agency took a huge commission and I trusted them because one of them was my so called "friend" for 14 years, so I paid around 4500 Euros for that trashy clinic who I believe only charge 1200 Euros per procedure.

I am grateful Dr. Maras and HDC medical team could repair and really happy to be part of the clinic, I hope ppl will learn from my experience, I am still on with my law suit against the agency with more 4 botched paitents.

• Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic.

For consultation, WhatsApp: +972526542654

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

Thank you @Gatsby 😀

The ironic thing is that my horrific HT experience in Turkey was on my birthday as a present (that I'll never forget), but I didn't pay cheap, the agency took a huge commission and I trusted them because one of them was my so called "friend" for 14 years, so I paid around 4500 Euros for that trashy clinic who I believe only charge 1200 Euros per procedure.

I am grateful Dr. Maras and HDC medical team could repair and really happy to be part of the clinic, I hope ppl will learn from my experience, I am still on with my law suit against the agency with more 4 botched paitents.

Luckily they called the ambulance, you could have been in real danger if you didn't go to the hospital. 

• Like 2

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Luckily they called the ambulance, you could have been in real danger if you didn't go to the hospital. 

Indeed!

The paramedics spoke English unlike the clinic.. they literally saved my life and took care of me with the wheel chair, they explained me what went wrong and at the end picked me back to the hotel with a stretcher but I still couldn't get sleep, till 6 am I puked and had diarrhea and my head was bloated like a helmet, I was so happy I got finally home to my bed.

So glad I could put my trust again in the industry, I talk with many men and women that were botched in many procedures and don't share their experiences for various reasons, really glad I found good people like @Melvin- Moderator that care for others.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic.

For consultation, WhatsApp: +972526542654

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

26 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

Indeed!

The paramedics spoke English unlike the clinic.. they literally saved my life and took care of me with the wheel chair, they explained me what went wrong and at the end picked me back to the hotel with a stretcher but I still couldn't get sleep, till 6 am I puked and had diarrhea and my head was bloated like a helmet, I was so happy I got finally home to my bed.

So glad I could put my trust again in the industry, I talk with many men and women that were botched in many procedures and don't share their experiences for various reasons, really glad I found good people like @Melvin- Moderator that care for others.

Man, your entire story is just unbelievable for so many different reasons but the biggest thing for me is that you managed to survive that brush with disaster. 

I'm really, really happy you managed to get a good end to everything but it's unbelievable that in the modern age we could have things like that go wrong. Absolutely criminal imo. 

• Valued Contributor
18 hours ago, sl said:

I totally agree! And these influencers are working against the best interests of potential patients because their YouTube videos make bucks for them. Their are a few of the well known ones and it astounds me that their followers believe and pay these people for consultations that send them straight to a Turkish hair mill. They are have one or two hair transplants and they use this to create more victims for their own financial gain. I or anyone from this forum could start a YouTube channel, plagiarize a heap of info from the internet and hook up with a Turkish clinic for kick backs. It really angers and saddens me.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I totally agree! And these influencers are working against the best interests of potential patients because their YouTube videos make bucks for them. Their are a few of the well known ones and it astounds me that their followers believe and pay these people for consultations that send them straight to a Turkish hair mill. They are have one or two hair transplants and they use this to create more victims for their own financial gain. I or anyone from this forum could start a YouTube channel, plagiarize a heap of info from the internet and hook up with a Turkish clinic for kick backs. It really angers and saddens me.

I think it's the attitude of most Capitalist societies of making as much money as people can. 

In terms of growing a YouTube channel though, it's probably not as easy as it seems and honestly seems to be pure luck based on how moronic some of those people are. Like the Paul brothers. Complete morons imo but somehow got into a position to make lots of money and it just compounded. 

Recently, Alpha M the YouTube guy Adam who has millions of followers basically has got together with Bosley and it was just so cringe seeing him promoting them. He seems like a decent enough guy but i feel like he's definitely doing it for the money and trying to spin it in a more positive way because Bosley is based in the US and advertise etc. 

That still doesn't imo justify the lack og integrity in not properly educating guys around hair transplants as he seems to try do for other more mundane stuff he doesn't spin for a quick buck. Although almost everything he seems to do is sponsored in some way, shape or form these days. 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

I think it's the attitude of most Capitalist societies of making as much money as people can. 

In terms of growing a YouTube channel though, it's probably not as easy as it seems and honestly seems to be pure luck based on how moronic some of those people are. Like the Paul brothers. Complete morons imo but somehow got into a position to make lots of money and it just compounded. 

Recently, Alpha M the YouTube guy Adam who has millions of followers basically has got together with Bosley and it was just so cringe seeing him promoting them. He seems like a decent enough guy but i feel like he's definitely doing it for the money and trying to spin it in a more positive way because Bosley is based in the US and advertise etc. 

That still doesn't imo justify the lack og integrity in not properly educating guys around hair transplants as he seems to try do for other more mundane stuff he doesn't spin for a quick buck. Although almost everything he seems to do is sponsored in some way, shape or form these days. 

I strongly believe that if you are being remunerated in any way from a clinic, by a company, etc then you need to disclose this. Otherwise their is a major conflict of interest. Sadly also most of the subscribers are young, vulnerable young men who would rather hear what they want to be told than to be told the truth. I was one of these young men when at 18 who also fell for the marketing and lies of two unwarranted hair transplants.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I strongly believe that if you are being remunerated in any way from a clinic, by a company, etc then you need to disclose this. Otherwise their is a major conflict of interest. Sadly also most of the subscribers are young, vulnerable young men who would rather hear what they want to be told than to be told the truth. I was one of these young men when at 18 who also fell for the marketing and lies of two unwarranted hair transplants.

In many ways, i'm probably happy i thought hair transplants were tens of thousands of pounds and basically didn't have the means to really save up enough at the time as a student etc. 

Also, i feel like i'm fortunate and lucky in how things unfolded because for me, my hair transplant would be something that needed to focus on the temple points specifically to recreate them from scratch and almost no clinic until recently imo at a reasonable price  could ever do that. 

I did catch myself looking in the mirror yesterday at a department store and thinking wow, my hairline does look high but when i've measured, it's around 7cm at present where the bulk if the hairline resides at the front, so not that much higher than the typical 6-6.5cm expected for people without hair loss with a circa mid hairline. 

I genuinely think the lack of temple points is visually what made it look so much worse and that's something i wish i could have addressed years ago but glad i didn't walk into a place and get botched. Luckily age has bought a broader outlook and means to do proper research as well as find places like this to further learn from. 

• Like 1