Help in choosing clinic in Istanbul

Thank you for the opinions, it's good to see some critical thinking applied. My initial research was largely biased by the positive reviews on Realself and some local forums, all of which seem to swear by the quality of Istanbul clinics. What was weird was the lack of negative reviews, so I ended up here. You've given me a lot to think about.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fatboy said:

Thank you for the opinions, it's good to see some critical thinking applied. My initial research was largely biased by the positive reviews on Realself and some local forums, all of which seem to swear by the quality of Istanbul clinics. What was weird was the lack of negative reviews, so I ended up here. You've given me a lot to think about.

Online reviews have become so manipulated and easy to fake, that those sites hosting them have become useless. 

Sites like this show off real patient results abd can be tracked over a 12+ month period usually. We've got people on here who went to those places with "5* reviews" on similar sites and got really poor results. Remember, if somebody doesn't have a clue about what to actually look for when getting a hair transplant, the following happens:

"Oh, i wanted more hair on my head where i could see it didn't look as bald. They did that. 5*".

Yet nowhere in that are we ever told about whether the person knows they were over harvested, if there's issues of thinning etc. 

If you basically look at hair transplants as having to hit the criteria this forum and others expect, then that 5* review would easily be a 0 or 1 and maybe in extremely rare cases a 2. 

Be glad you ended up here, do your research and do it right the first time you go for tour hair transplant if you do decide to opt for it. Medication and hair restoration should be your first stop though. 

3 hours ago, fatboy said:

Good job you arrived here before making a decision. So many people arrive after having a poor procedure and then end up warning others. Repair jobs are common place for these guys, and it suddenly becomes a lot more expensive ! That’s if the donor area hasn’t been decimated and unable to give anymore.

Edited by JC71