Is This A Failed FUE Result?

1 hour ago, mmaguy said:

Hey i forgot to mention, I did VAPE marijuana very heavily during recovery. And sometimes i would smoke it. 90-95% vapor though. Could this have had an impact?

Weed has zero impact on recovery. Source: Daily weed vaper

Also please do not go back to the same clinic for a repair. There is no Law of the Universe saying a repair can't be botched. 

I would actually say you are more likely to get a botched repair at a place that screwed you up the first time than starting fresh somewhere else. 

Either A) The doc and techs truly gave their A+ effort and came up short. They may simply lack the talent and skill for a good result.

or B) You were random patient John Doe for the day and they didn't care about you and just wanted to put the minimum effort possible then kick you out the door.

In either case I would not go back if at all possible...

If money is an issue, consider how much stress this botch job is causing you, then consider how even more stress you'll be under if the repair is botched as well. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

The other candidate for this result is hair transection.  If the doctor/techs extracted the curly hair out improperly that would have killed off some percentage of the FUE grafts.  Either way, it's a very bad idea to go back to the same place.  There are other doctors out there who can give this guy a great outcome.

Yeh too many variables involved here, the outlook was never going to be good. Sad to say this is yet another case of low growth from a mill. Really does need the right Dr/Clinic for this hair type. 

On 3/1/2022 at 7:04 PM, Ryan Daniel said:

First of all, your hair is dark and curly... which is usually the best candidate for hair transplantation according to most experts 

This hair and skin type is one of the most complex to have surgery on and cannot be compared to curly hair from Caucasians.

a) This skin type is often prone to keloid scarring which is critical for both FUE and FUT.

b) Depigmentation of the FUE scars is a bigger issue due to the dark skin.

c) The grafts typically have such a strong curvature, that only few clinics can extract them properly. And even them typically grafts are less "healthy".

The only benefit is the additional coverage provided by these grafts.

I would recommend FUE on such a case only if the clinic has proper experience with this hair type and (!) hen they use a trumpet like punch (U-punch or WAW). 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

The other candidate for this result is hair transection.  If the doctor/techs extracted the curly hair out improperly that would have killed off some percentage of the FUE grafts.  Either way, it's a very bad idea to go back to the same place.  There are other doctors out there who can give this guy a great outcome.

Be interesting to see a better pic of the donor area post op…