6 month timeline FUE 5k sept 2021 Dr. Hasson

47 minutes ago, Jon2345 said:

It's a great result in my books. 5k is a lot. And usually a touch up is needed after that many grafts. The amazing results you see are usually from 2-3k procedures.

Yea thats true. I think I perhaps had kind of fooled myself into thinking I hadn't lost as much as I had bc I actually had a really convincing combover. Hasson and one of the other consultants was shocked  when they actually started moving my hair around. Hasson even said that it was the most convincing he had ever seen, which is guess is a complement lol. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I think if you want one of those blockbuster results a touch up of 500 grafts will do the trick. I think the reason why the 5-6k transplant don't come out like a blockbuster is because they need something to build off on to put in the artistic touches. Think of doing artistic touches with a painting that is 99% done vs 50% done. They have no idea how the other grafts will grow in. But now they are in, they can get very detailed on taking grafts from perhaps the lower part of your scalp which are finer and really let their artistic focus pull through now that the foundation is set.

24 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

OP what do you think your yield % was?

I dont think i have the expertise to evaluate that. There are certain areas in the back of the transplanted area that don't look as full as they did from the initial transplant imo. 

3 hours ago, melendezam said:

I dont think i have the expertise to evaluate that. There are certain areas in the back of the transplanted area that don't look as full as they did from the initial transplant imo. 

Gotcha, I'm only saying that for 5000 grafts I would have expected more based on some of the results I have seen on the forums, especially since it was concentrated only on your front.

Have you reached out to them and asked their opinion?

6 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Gotcha, I'm only saying that for 5000 grafts I would have expected more based on some of the results I have seen on the forums, especially since it was concentrated only on your front.

Have you reached out to them and asked their opinion?

I have, they are of the opinion the result is pretty good. 

• Administrators

This result is stunning, you’re seeing areas that are thin, which weren’t restored. 5,000 grafts for the first half of the scalp is reasonable. The area that was transplanted is very dense. 

1E998F32-4DC2-4510-B7C8-A47AD3775679.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This result is stunning, you’re seeing areas that are thin, which weren’t restored. 5,000 grafts for the first half of the scalp is reasonable. The area that was transplanted is very dense. 

1E998F32-4DC2-4510-B7C8-A47AD3775679.jpeg

Thanks I appreciate it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...