looking at going to India EUGENIX HAIR SCIENCES is this enough graphs for me?

I am a 50 year old from Australia and am planning on going to India as well.

I want to lower my hairline and fill in my widows peak a little, I was quoted 2200 grafts, which I thought was very conservative, as if I'm going all that way i might as well go all in.

Is the  super premium package wroth it or should I just go premium, as I am happy to pay extra for a better result.

Also do I leave the design of the hairline upto them, or do i need to do research and get involved?

Cheers

p.s this is what they sent me back, I thought the hairline would be more thought out

030c2e75-f4fa-4649-90ac-4a57e3e6b6c6.jpg

The more research you do, the better. This is your head, of course you should be involved in the design.

The hairline drawn by them in your attached photo is simply for the purposes of providing you an estimate of grafts required. It would of course be accurately drawn and adjusted according to your wishes at the time of in-person consultation and surgery.

• Like 1

The hairline design can be tweaked but usually they try to account a bit for age and sometimes i think being conservative. The picture shows you thinning. 

What is your current medication if any? If you are for example using Finasteride and Minoxodil how long have you been on them. 

Also, any further pictures you can share like a side quarter and donor area, as well as your crown with a more top down look? 

• Like 1

• Administrators

What are your expectations? Can you share a top view? I agree 2,200 seems a bit low. But it depends on your goals and expectations. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Aussie2020 said:

I haven't used any medications at all, but I do use a lazer helmet 3 x per week

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I would honestly recommend if possible you start using Finasteride and see how it affects the thinning hair. Apparently diffuse thinning can benefit from the medication quite well. If it can save a lot of those hair currently you could end up needing less grafts in the future. 

I genuinely don't believe the laser 3x a week is benefitting you as much as blocking DHT would. You can also if you want add Microneedling but if they are going to implant into the thinning areas, you will need to stop until probably the first couple months if not more of the hair transplant. 

The wet hair probably makes the situation look even worse than it is tbh, but if i were in your position, i'd start Finasteride and Microneedling and give it 6-12 months to see how it helps before considering any hair transplant. 

Thank you for your response, I have been avoiding the finasteride due to the potential side effects, but now that I’m contemplating a hair transplant I’m open mined I am thinking of using the topical  with minoxidil to reduce side effects 

7 hours ago, Aussie2020 said:

Thank you for your response, I have been avoiding the finasteride due to the potential side effects, but now that I’m contemplating a hair transplant I’m open mined I am thinking of using the topical  with minoxidil to reduce side effects 

Take it from a guy that basically spent over a decade avoiding it because of what people scaremongering on the Internet would say about it making your penis useless etc. and then doing his research to realise about 98% of guys on it are fine with tolerable side affects. 2% have more severe side affects that with tweaked dosage can continue or once they stopped, the issues did too. 

In fact, forget Finasteride. I went nuclear and straight to Dutasteride 0.5mg every day and after a few months, my body levelled out and the initial sides abated a lot. However even when i had them i was willing to tolerate them. 

If i could go back and start Finasteride 10 years ago, i 100% would have. Could have been in an even better position and probably needed half the amount of grafts i've been quoted by a clinic but it is what it is. I still feel fortunate i caught it early enough and am in a really solid position fortunately at around the Norwood i am. However i am 100% staying on the medication train for as long as possible. Long term 10 year studies from Japan showed the medication still working to help grow and thicken hair. I actually believe it can bring back some of the more heavily miniaturised areas and in some lucky cases, more dormant hair from the pictures i saw from the study. 

Ultimately i would advise anybody to start off 1mg Finasteride 3x a week for about a month. Ses how you get on. Then add a 4th pill for 2-3 weeks and evaluate. Keep going with tapered use till you manage 1mg every day. 

Topical Finasteride is designed to give less side affects but imo, if you can tolerate oral Finasteride i'd say its a little better and that's because adding chemicals to the scalp over time imo degrades it and the quality of some topical Finasteride is probably dubious compared to off brand Finasteride from reputable countries and pharmacies. 

Ultimately you have to make that choice. As Morpheus said, "I can only show you the door. You have to enter". 

Good luck whatever you decide. 

• Like 1

Done, I am the sort of person once I decide to do something  I go all in.

This is my plan  do a hair transplant for the the front of my hair with Eugenix

and then do the following for the top and the crown area , I will take photos every month with wet heir to track my progress.

I will reevaluate in 12 months time

1. Topical Finasteride and minoxidil 
  2. lazer helmet 3x per week
  3. Hbot 3x per week
  4. micro needling once evey 3 months
  5. prp once evey 3 months
  6. Thymosin 4 once every 3 months

On 3/14/2022 at 2:11 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

What are your expectations? Can you share a top view? I agree 2,200 seems a bit low. But it depends on your goals and expectations. 

I did a review and now looking at 3,000 which I think will be perfect. 

My wife was thinking i should lower my hairline, but after measuring it my MFP point is 7 cm and that is supposed to be the sweat spot for guys, so looking at dropping my widows peak but not to much as it is 9 cm so can probably only drop it by 1 cm and still stay natural, is there an ideal ratio between Apex and MFP?

If I get a hair transplant in my already thinning hair will I loose what I have through shock or is that a think of the past?

5 hours ago, Aussie2020 said:

Done, I am the sort of person once I decide to do something  I go all in.

This is my plan  do a hair transplant for the the front of my hair with Eugenix

and then do the following for the top and the crown area , I will take photos every month with wet heir to track my progress.

I will reevaluate in 12 months time

1. Topical Finasteride and minoxidil 
  2. lazer helmet 3x per week
  3. Hbot 3x per week
  4. micro needling once evey 3 months
  5. prp once evey 3 months
  6. Thymosin 4 once every 3 months

I would probably recommend Microneedling once a week rather than once every 3 months. With it once every 3 months, it simply will have little to no effect. 

I would suggest if you are working Mondays to Fridays to do the treatment on the evening of the Friday and that way you can usually give yourself the evening and weekends for the redness to go that usually happens when you use 1mm to 1.5mm Microneedling. 

Ultimately its up to you, but think of it like Minoxodil. If you applied that once every 3 months, you won't get any results either and because you are going to use both. With Minoxodil + Microneedling it sometimes looks like a 1+1 = 3 result as a combo. They just work so well together. However you need to be diligent and regular at the right depth to promote those growth factors. 

20 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I would probably recommend Microneedling once a week rather than once every 3 months. With it once every 3 months, it simply will have little to no effect. 

I would suggest if you are working Mondays to Fridays to do the treatment on the evening of the Friday and that way you can usually give yourself the evening and weekends for the redness to go that usually happens when you use 1mm to 1.5mm Microneedling. 

Ultimately its up to you, but think of it like Minoxodil. If you applied that once every 3 months, you won't get any results either and because you are going to use both. With Minoxodil + Microneedling it sometimes looks like a 1+1 = 3 result as a combo. They just work so well together. However you need to be diligent and regular at the right depth to promote those growth factors. 

noted will do

So when designing the hairline I understand that you need to go 7 cm from the glabella but how do you do the temple design?

Also what sort of density should I be looking for, as I have heard if it is to densly  packed you loose some of your hairs but if it isn't densly packed enough it doesn't look good. I was quoted 35 to 40 per cm is that correct?

36 minutes ago, Aussie2020 said:

So when designing the hairline I understand that you need to go 7 cm from the glabella but how do you do the temple design?

Also what sort of density should I be looking for, as I have heard if it is to densly  packed you loose some of your hairs but if it isn't densly packed enough it doesn't look good. I was quoted 35 to 40 per cm is that correct?

The design of the hairline is always individual to you. A general rule of thumb is to place it above the Frontalis Muscles which is basically when you scrunch your forehead, those muscles/lines. Some people have a higher set muscle so sometimes the distance is greater, some are set a bit lower. 

Temple points are much more difficult to design imo because the angle and width of them can also alter your look greatly. If they are more narrow, they still have the appearance of looking receded and making the forehead look bigger. Too forward and they can make the forehead seem too narrow. Usually they try to place them at the outer edge of the brow and there's some "rules" or so but your facial aesthetics are probably the most important. 

If you meant the upper temporal areas of the hairline where the corners of the frontal hairline tend to start going back, that's a bit more easy but dependent on your hair loss too. Have a look on the popular surgeons clinic results on YouTube and you'll see how there can be a variation. 

Ultimately as a patient, do not be afraid to try beforehand design your own hairline, take pictures and see what you like. 

I tried to make a thread for people to Photoshop member photos into a hairline but i'm not sure other than the one kind person who else really mocks them up. 

• Like 1