Hair line question

Prefer the black over the red for a number of reasons.  1st. guys recede on the corners. It is also designed a bit farther back which better matches the pattern that you have.  Guys with advanced patterns do not have hairlines in the middle of the forehead.  

What you've drawn is similar to a teenage hairline/female-like.  By doing this you have expanded the size of the canvas which will directly impact your donor.  

I think it is important to understand hair in the front grows forward at an angle.  So as the hair grows, and gives you bangs, you'll end up having hair right about where you drew the red line.  

Last thing to consider....Think of yourself retired, in a happy home, with a hairline of a 17 year old.  Everyone will be asking why you don't age.  You will then be wishing you had not done such thing.  

It is always easy to add grafts.  It is impossible to remove.  Go with the doctor's recommended plan.  Let it grow in.  If meds work and you end up enhancing some of the native hair, you will then have options to make adjustments and to add grafts, lower hairline, etc.  Be cautious and judicious with your grafts, we only have so much to work with.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Whilst i respect the opinion above as one take on things, from a visual perspective i think a low and more shallow hairline can be aesthetic and i do not like the hairline flaring out around the temporal areas. 

It's all personal preference imo but the poster above is in some ways correct that if you have more advanced hair loss, it's better to be a bit more conservative and with styling, visually the difference can be minimised and thus save grafts. Ultimately you have to realise that the most important thing is to choose the right clinic, take on board the doctors input but do not be afraid to also give your own input if it's informed and means a lot to you and you clearly understand the long term ramifications of what you're requesting. 

You look a Norwood 4/5, which means you're gonna need a fair bit of grafts. Don't blow them all on trying to get a 16 year old hairline. If you had been a Norwood 2/2.5ish, it's depending on age considered more acceptable to be a touch more aggressive but you are actually even more advanced. 

How old are you? You seem to be a younger guy in his 20s. Are you actively taking any medication and also where is the clinic from that you approached? 

Be careful to do your research abd not end up in a hair mill. Grafts are precious and finite. Donor management is key to making sure you're covered for down the road should you need an almost inevitable transplant whether for further hair loss or adding density. 

• Like 1