DHI v FUE? Much Confusion Still Exists!

It seems the confusion over DHI and FUE is still raging, partly due to marketing and furthermore by naivety in the industry for those navigating the minefield of hair restoration and unfortunately are easily blinded by the terminology. In this brief video Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Kostis and HTN´s Melvin discuss this exact question asked during a recent Instagram live session.

• Like 4

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR Results - https://www.instagram.com/bhr.onlyresults/

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I saw this earlier and it's not even just DHI vs FUE really if we're honest. 

Super, Duper Diamond Dragon Blade FUE giving you 200% graft survival and Doctor uses a single graft, but you magically get 5(!)

The industry and the marketing powerhouse of social media reaching the mass naive who don't do enough research or are deliberately misled is a pandemic. 

The amount of people who don't know anything of what forms a good hair transplant and just see these flash horror mill clinics and flock to them expecting rockstar results is abhorrent from a patient care perspective and the worst thing? The clinics will usually convince them the bad outcome isn't even down to them over harvesting, pluggy multi grafts etc. but patient fault. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NARMAK said:

I saw this earlier and it's not even just DHI vs FUE really if we're honest. 

Super, Duper Diamond Dragon Blade FUE giving you 200% graft survival and Doctor uses a single graft, but you magically get 5(!)

Exactly. With a 100% growth guarantee and a lifetime warranty.

The young know no better. The concern is that I see on facebook groups that guys are willing to take the risk due to more economical pricing, with the frame of mind that they can get repaired in the "small" likelihood that it goes wrong. 

The amount of disinformation that gets thrown around by so called authority and educational figures is scary and they are happy to challenge you on it.
The industry really has taken a questionable direction with such marketing.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR Results - https://www.instagram.com/bhr.onlyresults/

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

8 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Exactly. With a 100% growth guarantee and a lifetime warranty.

The young know no better. The concern is that I see on facebook groups that guys are willing to take the risk due to more economical pricing, with the frame of mind that they can get repaired in the "small" likelihood that it goes wrong. 

The amount of disinformation that gets thrown around by so called authority and educational figures is scary and they are happy to challenge you on it.
The industry really has taken a questionable direction with such marketing.

Unfortunately being young, in an image driven social media world trying to look "perfect" drives people to take these risks. 

Similarly there's a huge supply/demand issue. For example, we can't clone a thousand Dr Bisanga's and have them running around the clock 24/7 to probably meet the demand but if we could and pricing was at the right point, we sure as hell wouldn't have to see young hopeful people get their donor destroyed and future hair transplant repair chances ruined 

@Raphael84Thanks for posting, the amount of people arriving here on the forum that already have been taken in by the marketing is very real. A lot of people assume that “DHI” is superior, it’s not, gimmicking at its finest. Along with the other total nonsense “Scarless” FUE/DHI that is boasted on a lot of the hair mills websites/marketing. These guys will use anything to draw people in, and it’s usually along the line of latest/greatest technique.. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1