How bald is too bald!

7 minutes ago, chris81 said:

So it has been absolutely ages since I updated here, mainly due to how busy I have been.

But I have more news, and a proposal from the amazing Dr. Felipe Pittella. His approach is very professional, and I received a PDF file with a thorough letter about his services.

He recommended 3 separate sessions (over three days) and a total of between 10500 and 11500 grafts. This certainly sounds more like what I would need. The process would be as follows:

• Session 1 - Priority to frontal area
  • Session 2 - Priority to crown area
  • Session 3 - refinement and density

He states that some grafts will need to be from my beard and chest areas.

Like some other Doctors, he has different packages at different prices as follows:

1) Extraction and implantation by Junior Doctor = 2 USD per graft (So would expect total cost around 22,000 USD or £18,500).

2) Main surgical steps by Dr. Pittella (but generally extraction/implantaion by Junior Dr.) = 3USD per graft (So would expect total cost around 33,000 USD or £27,860).

3) All day surgery by Dr. Pittella (Some implantation by Junior doctors) = 4 USD per graft (So would expect total cost around 44,000 USD or £37,000).

So while now cheep, this is probably the most thorough looking plan, and the one which is most likely to give the best results as far as I can see.

In the first package, he would be doing the incisions, right?

An update to my chart:

• Hair mills (e.g. Smile hair clinic). £1,500 - Not recommended as reduced chance of success, and possible overharvesting. RULED THIS OUT
  • Dr. Resul Yaman £2,630 - Some recommend. Possible lower quality work, seems low graft count proposed at 4500 grafts.
  • Eugenix - 3500-3700 grafts, at a cost of between £5,240 and £15,281. (Between £0.89 - £4.13 per graft)
  • FueCapilar - Have been told to grow hair until 20th May and resent photos (2 weeks).
  • Dr. Demirsoy - says I am too bald for a transplant. RULED THIS OUT
  • Dr. Bicer - Said sent new photos with 20-25 days of growth (26th-31st May).
  • Dr. Zarev - Waiting for reply.
  • Dr. Pittella - 10,500 to 11,500 grafts, at a cost of between £18,500 and £37,000. (Between £1.69 and £3.37 per graft)
  • Hassan & Wong - Really high end, expect to cost £40K+... sadly out of my price range.  RULED THIS OUT
  • SMP at scalpmates.co.uk £900+. This will not give actual hair, but it is quick, and easy.

So I have a bit of varying feedback now. I never got around to growing my hair and messaging Dr. Bicer and FueCapilar, but I may do one day.

I'm currently making no decisions, particularly as I am not sure what happens after the surgery. I get the impression that I'll be on Finasteride permanently afterwards.

Can anyone else tell me if this is the case, and have they had any unwanted side effects?