Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

Dr. Barghouthi's trial passed 3 months, Dr. Bloxham soon will reach 12 months. I think he will have one year follow up and conclude it. With both doctors updates we will know for sure if it works or not. There still will be some room for experimenting, but if it shows improvement for both cases, then that's it, vert works ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

If I had to speculate, it is likely the results for FUT was noticeable but not transformative. Dr Bloxham is possibly not publishing the results as it could hinder the desire future experiments. 

If this is true, it's more or less what I predicted -mildly reduced scarring with a few hairs growing through. 

Remember, FUT is literally one of the worst surgeries to garner success from a VAP inhibitor. 

Watch this video Follicular Unit Transplantation | FUT Hair Restoration | Dr. Craig Ziering | Hair Loss Solution - YouTube

There is literally no way that much tissue at that level of depth is going to regenerate fully or even close to. 

Tension is the main obstacle for Verteporfin to work and FUTs require staples/stitches to keep everything together. 

Forgive the oxymoron, but FUT creates the ideal worse environment for Verteporfin to be successful. The fact that we were seeing any signs of growth at 5 months in Dr Bloxham's trial was incredible. 

FUE could be considered one of the best environments for the drug to work, no tension, minimum invasiveness. 

People can decide whether to hold off a transplant until we see further results from Verteporfin. If I was in this position I probably wouldn't wait as it would likely be as effective on FUE scar tissue as on virgin skin, assuming we wound the area in the same way. 

What I would be cautious on is getting and FUT which would permanently alter the donor areas environment - your scalp will never again regain it's natural laxity.  Could this have and an impact future FUE cases with verteporfin? Maybe. 

This is of course all speculation until we see the upcoming results from Dr Bargouthi. 

The study with pig skin did the same staples and stitches, and the hair grew well.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, uuuzi said:

The study with pig skin did the same staples and stitches, and the hair grew well.

There were no pics of the hair. In fact, at 4 months just early hair appendages formed via microscope, so we have no idea if the hair grew well. 

6 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

There were no pics of the hair. In fact, at 4 months just early hair appendages formed via microscope, so we have no idea if the hair grew well. 

Yes no pics but the study said the hair growth well. Now 12 months passed, we should heard if the FUT result got any progress. Thats big news, even though we dont focus on.

We have seen too many "early results" about hairloss like you said. Hair clone, KX-826, HMI-115, now verteporfin. At first all of us celebrated the "cure" and then the drug companies didnt say anymore. 2yrs passed again we relized the rusults were just because of different light and normal hair cycle.

Most of people advertise these experiments in order to profit. The reason I believe Dr Barghouthi is his clear trial design, which means he isnt gonna lie to us. But now he is cilent, too.

I dont doubt his honesty, but I dont feel good about the outcome.

12 minutes ago, uuuzi said:

Yes no pics but the study said the hair growth well. Now 12 months passed, we should heard if the FUT result got any progress. Thats big news, even though we dont focus on.

We have seen too many "early results" about hairloss like you said. Hair clone, KX-826, HMI-115, now verteporfin. At first all of us celebrated the "cure" and then the drug companies didnt say anymore. 2yrs passed again we relized the rusults were just because of different light and normal hair cycle.

Most of people advertise these experiments in order to profit. The reason I believe Dr Barghouthi is his clear trial design, which means he isnt gonna lie to us. But now he is cilent, too.

I dont doubt his honesty, but I dont feel good about the outcome.

Why you don't feel good about Dr. Barghouthis trials outcome ?

The first one showed very promising results, the doctor himself told it looks untouched. And the second trial results are not posted yet.

6 hours ago, Square1 said:

I think a lot, possibly too much, hinges upon dr. Barghouthi's current trial as he is the only doc doing trials right now. The question arises what the status is of other docs who were (kind of) interested but that we haven't heard of since months, like Bisanga, Miln, Behnam, Pittella, Mohebi (although he seems to have fallen off) and others. 

Maybe @Melvin- Admin can give his perspective: are they indeed planning or doing trials or have they lost interest? If the latter is the case, why is that? If there are financial motives, I for one would be willing to donate a decent amount (not 10 bucks or so) to further research. 

Would you like to pay for verteporfin for my FUE, which I will have surgery on next month.
I will mimic Dr Brughouthi's statistical methods, using decorative markers and microscopy to observe the extraction area, and publish it here.

8 minutes ago, sansi said:

Why you don't feel good about Dr. Barghouthis trials outcome ?

The first one showed very promising results, the doctor himself told it looks untouched. And the second trial results are not posted yet.

Just like what I said. We have seen too many "early result" and celebrate for the "cure".

The second trial of Dr Brughouthi does the real credible evaluation methods, not "looks like".

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, uuuzi said:

Would you like to pay for verteporfin for my FUE, which I will have surgery on next month.
I will mimic Dr Brughouthi's statistical methods, using decorative markers and microscopy to observe the extraction area, and publish it here.

Who are you having your surgery with? Have you decided already?

4 minutes ago, takuma said:

Who are you having your surgery with? Have you decided already?

Im from China, my doctor is well known in the area and she allow me to try this drug.

I sent an e-mail to the clinic that Dr Brughouthi is in to ask the detail of the trial method last two weeks, but they stoped reply me when they know that I'm gonna do it myself instead of going to their clinic.

But if this problem is done, Im sure I will try.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, uuuzi said:

I would prefer a well established doctor whose word will go a long way. If somebody like dr. Mohebi or dr. Bisanga is open to doing it, but requires additional funds in order to make up for lost revenue, that would be a good opportunity. Provided that we could agree on study desing, evaluation methods, timelines, reporting moments etc.etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Square1 said:

I would prefer a well established doctor whose word will go a long way. If somebody like dr. Mohebi or dr. Bisanga is open to doing it, but requires additional funds in order to make up for lost revenue, that would be a good opportunity. Provided that we could agree on study desing, evaluation methods, timelines, reporting moments etc.etc.

Respect your opinion.But tbh, drug injection is not complex. Id like to do it by myself if I can see my back head.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, uuuzi said:

Respect your opinion.But tbh, drug injection is not complex. Id like to do it by myself if I can see my back head.

If you  do that and afterwards claim you have had regrowth with self use of verteporfin, that's nice and all. 

If dr. Bisanga does a trial with scientific methods and claims the same thing (or sadly finds that there is no regrowth), the interest in this procedure will skyrocket. 

• Administrators

I asked Dr. Mani about doing a verteporfin trial

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I'd be fascinated what Dr. Mani thinks of derma papillae injections as the same Japanese lab and hairclone is working on that as well and it's allot more modest and easier than cloning a whole hair follicle and could be used to prevent further hair loss.

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

18 hours ago, takuma said:

Oh that's good...Did he give you any estimated time frame? 

Sadly enough not, but we will see.
I could always contact him again at some point later to ask for an update.
But be patience he will eventually show something, plus how longer we will wait the more sure we will be about the out come once it is shown.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lets_help_others said:

Sadly enough not, but we will see.
I could always contact him again at some point later to ask for an update.
But be patience he will eventually show something, plus how longer we will wait the more sure we will be about the out come once it is shown.

Thanks for getting the update man

17 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Thanks for another interesting interview and a new "maybe" in the vp-camp!

It is clear that dr. Mittal is on the fence on vp-trials, with the main reason being legal consequences if something goes wrong. 

Is this the same hurdle that other docs you talk to (Bisanga, Miln, Behnam etc.) face or do they plan on going through with their experiments?