Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

a user on Reddit is saying they have a verteporfin hair transplant procedure scheduled for October of this year and they said the doctor has done transplants for other patients with verteporfin already 

IMG_20240628_235147.jpg

Screenshot_2024-06-28-23-51-21-53_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

Edited by takuma
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Carson85 said:

Completely agree that it does seem to be doing something. Whether or not what it is doing can be significant enough to completely revolutionize hair transplants still needs to be researched further, and I think we all hope that Dr. Bargouthi’s trial gives a positive answer to this question. Only thing about downsides is that we don’t know if there are any long term side effects caused by vert

We have pretty good understanding of long term side effects. This has been fda approved by several decades and used in much higher doses intravenously. It’s also just a one time application unlike the meds that crush DHT that we take lifelong.

• Like 1

I am not very impressed with the outcome esthetic result and hair count. But when you compare 0.8mg site with untreated site and see what it would've been without verteporfin, it's day and night difference. And it is the 3rd surgery with very high tension. In FUE I imagine the result will be much better. Hope @DrTBarghouthi will add good news soon.

4 hours ago, Fox243 said:

Can you connect him with me? I can handhold him into explaining the science and such. 

I have offered it to him, so let's see if he is interested. 

He mentioned that he has been asked earlier to do a vp-trial, but declined. This means that others (I have never spoken to him before) are asking him about vp. Word gets around appararently.

Also, it seems that a second doc finding an vp-effect convinced him to take it more seriously. I can imagine this holds true for more docs as well. One person finding an effect in one occasion is nice and all, but if a completely different surgeon finds the same, that is much stronger proof.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Square1 said:

I have offered it to him, so let's see if he is interested. 

He mentioned that he has been asked earlier to do a vp-trial, but declined. This means that others (I have never spoken to him before) are asking him about vp. Word gets around appararently.

Also, it seems that a second doc finding an vp-effect convinced him to take it more seriously. I can imagine this holds true for more docs as well. One person finding an effect in one occasion is nice and all, but if a completely different surgeon finds the same, that is much stronger proof.

There’s just so much evidence now, be it Dr. Barghouthi’s biopsy, his pics, and Dr. Bloxham’s pics. 

Obv the main interest is seeing if vert is able to significantly regenerate follicles in the donor region of the scalp, which still requires a lot more research. If things turn out the way we hope they do, is it worth exploring if vert can be used to regenerate follicles in other areas, like the beard? Let’s assume that a patient has significant baldness and a bad donor area, so many beard grafts need to be used too, but the patient would still like to keep a beard. Maybe vert can help regenerate beard follicles, if it is able to regenerate scalp follicles like we hope. Obviously this is all very hypothetical, and there is a long way to go before this is even considered.

3 hours ago, takuma said:

Dr Ratchathorn is in contact with Dr Bargouthi...maybe we can get her to update us as well...

Screenshot_2024-06-29-10-23-27-94_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

I asked IronAnger if she has any photos from her patients, but unfortunately nobody has provided photos to her

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

I just noticed something in Dr Bloxham's video. 

Listen between 30:55 - 31:25. 

Sounds like there have been promising results yet to be posted from Dr Barghouthi's new trial.  

I took it that he went up in dosage in his current trial, but that he found a greater effect of higher dosages in his previous trial. 

Of course, if he now finds higher dosages than 0.4 are even more effective, that is huge seeing how impressive 0.4 already was. 

Edited by Square1

11 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

I would also be very keen to hear the very latest update from Dr Bargouthi's trial of 0.4ml, 0.6ml, 0.8ml and 1ml Verteporfin per CM2 so we know what best to proceed with in our experiments. 

Medications administered by subcutaneous injection include drugs that can be given in small volumes (usually less than 1 mL but up to 2 mL is safe)