Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024

2 hours ago, Willforhair84 said:

Amazing result, wouldnt know youv had a hair transplant and looks like a full set of hair, enjoy !

Well thanks, I recognize that it will forever be much thinner than someone without any hair loss, but it’s still been a far better path for me than settling on a shiny scalp for life. There are many ways and products to make even thin hair all over look reasonable.

I’ve also discovered that hair powder works well to increase volume and illusion of thickness. I’ve been applying a moist leave-in conditioner daily for a while, but anything wet makes it look thinner, so I started ruffling some dry powder in after that and it looks a lot better thanks to the powder. 

• Like 1

Instagram: ethanlculver
Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024
Treatments: Oral finasteride 1 mg, topical minoxidil, vitamin with biotin, hyaluronic acid moisturizer; all 6 days/week

• Moderators

This is looking excellent for only 4 months since that last transplant.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, general-etwan said:

Well thanks, I recognize that it will forever be much thinner than someone without any hair loss, but it’s still been a far better path for me than settling on a shiny scalp for life. There are many ways and products to make even thin hair all over look reasonable.

Can't agree more.

That's what Hair Transplant is all about: creating an illusion of hair.

@general-etwan do you any new hairs?

As we had HT same day (will be 4 months in a week) and in my case there are no new hairs.

Just curious?
As you had 3 procedures so for sure the comparision between NOW and 4 yearas agi is huge.

But how would you compare now vs early March 2024?
Any progress? or rather still catch up to that situation?

Thanks in advance :)

On 7/17/2024 at 6:34 AM, baldDick666 said:

@general-etwan do you any new hairs?

As we had HT same day (will be 4 months in a week) and in my case there are no new hairs.

Just curious?
As you had 3 procedures so for sure the comparision between NOW and 4 yearas agi is huge.

But how would you compare now vs early March 2024?
Any progress? or rather still catch up to that situation?

Thanks in advance :)

Honestly, it's hard to tell; I don't know for sure. I don't exactly take documentation of hairs or no hairs on a weekly basis or anything. I think the newly transplanted hairs are just now barely starting to break through the scalp, if at all yet. I've gotten some folliculitis lately.

• Thanks 1

Treatments: Oral finasteride 1 mg, topical minoxidil, vitamin with biotin, hyaluronic acid moisturizer; all 6 days/week

On 7/16/2024 at 6:39 PM, general-etwan said:

Some outdoor pics. At about 4 months post HT #3. Growth in the transplanted area just barely starting to come in.

IMG_5024.thumb.JPG.ccc00f783a03477bda1fde82343f70df.JPG IMG_5032.thumb.JPG.a924f4af0822b80b4a38576c458d667c.JPG

IMG_5123.thumb.jpg.f6664aa221a2425a265fe441c776046a.jpg IMG_5125.thumb.jpg.d957378869f3a0980fb5f5a240876086.jpg

IMG_5127.thumb.JPG.f282b4c84a0b191a0373c4c657521d24.JPG IMG_5132.thumb.jpg.bfbbd8e85825c41fb0f9ecc655513e24.jpg

IMG_5135.thumb.jpg.1a33c71a7aa9947e0455593438da4ba4.jpg IMG_5199.thumb.JPG.38022008dc471c631dfb6341b4550f36.JPG

If any NW7 tells me they don't have enough money to afford Pittella, Zarev or Sethi but would like a transplant, this is the link I usually send them.

I think you paid close to $1.4/graft? Absolute bargain.

Doesn't matter if it looks thin in these pics. It doesn't matter in real life and most people will look at you like you have decent head of hair, which is the best complement a transplant can get. And it'll continue to mature and thicken up.

BTW looks like Pyrilutamide is officially out on Amazon so something to look into.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, 4chanhrn said:

If any NW7 tells me they don't have enough money to afford Pittella, Zarev or Sethi but would like a transplant, this is the link I usually send them.

I think you paid close to $1.4/graft? Absolute bargain.

Doesn't matter if it looks thin in these pics. It doesn't matter in real life and most people will look at you like you have decent head of hair, which is the best complement a transplant can get. And it'll continue to mature and thicken up.

BTW looks like Pyrilutamide is officially out on Amazon so something to look into.

Wow, that means a good deal to me. Well, I give my gratitude to all the docs and techs who have produced these results for me so far. And I’m always happy to share and help others.

Yeah, the everyday difference has been great. No longer does anyone see what they saw before I began this journey if I took off my hat. Most people do not easily evaluate density in everyday life until it gets very low. If you can get to around 50% or above of your original, adolescent density (at least based on my understanding of the numbers; if I’m incorrect someone please correct me), and decrease contrast between regions, you can essentially create the illusion of a head with no major hair loss. And the goal for us who were dealt NW 6/7 patterns has to be to blend in with others our age.

Looking forward to being able to share final results once the growth comes in from all regions of transplant.

Edited by general-etwan

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, 4chanhrn said:

Not seeing any search results for it. What’s the news with it? Unfortunately from what I read months back it seemed to produce no positive results in the studies. 

Edited by general-etwan

3 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Not seeing any search results for it. What’s the news with it? Unfortunately from what I read months back it seemed to produce no positive results in the studies. 

I would not be optimistic tbh. They released an even weaker version as a cosmetic. No reviews. Probably snake oil.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0D97LT6MY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's being sold on Amazon as a cosmetic now. I think because of mechanism of action of topical AAs, you are unlikely to see meaningful hair regrowth, but they should work better for maintenance. That is why most of them keep failing clinical trials. Placebo showing abnormal results in their last clinical trials was also a factor. I think they need a long term trial, potentially with higher concentration. But clinical trials can be expensive and I think they are focusing more on their other drug GT-20029.

I think results could be similar to RU-58841, but it's not a research chemical sold by a shady Chinese lab, but by a pharmaceutical company that has passed 2 safety trials. It might be worth considering for stacking with current protocol. I'm looking into it myself.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, 4chanhrn said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0D97LT6MY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's being sold on Amazon as a cosmetic now. I think because of mechanism of action of topical AAs, you are unlikely to see meaningful hair regrowth, but they should work better for maintenance. That is why most of them keep failing clinical trials. Placebo showing abnormal results in their last clinical trials was also a factor. I think they need a long term trial, potentially with higher concentration. But clinical trials can be expensive and I think they are focusing more on their other drug GT-20029.

I think results could be similar to RU-58841, but it's not a research chemical sold by a shady Chinese lab, but by a pharmaceutical company that has passed 2 safety trials. It might be worth considering for stacking with current protocol. I'm looking into it myself.

Yeah, I’m willing to give it a try again even though there’s no evidence it can regrow any significant hair. Especially being less expensive for the same quantity than what I paid for the research chemical back a year or two ago. Thanks

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wow, that means a good deal to me. Well, I give my gratitude to all the docs and techs who have produced these results for me so far. And I’m always happy to share and help others.

It must have been life changing for you in so many ways. Having hair loss when young sucks. I have experienced it myself, but it must have been worse for you.

59 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Yeah, the everyday difference has been great. No longer does anyone see what they saw before I began this journey if I took off my hat. Most people do not easily evaluate density in everyday life until it gets very low. If you can get to around 50% or above of your original, adolescent density (at least based on my understanding of the numbers; if I’m incorrect someone please correct me), and decrease contrast between regions, you can essentially create the illusion of a head with no major hair loss. And the goal for us who were dealt NW 6/7 patterns has to be to blend in with others our age.

Looking forward to being able to share final results once the growth comes in from all regions of transplant.

Yes, only people hypercritical about hair are ones who have hair loss themselves. When I wasn't bald/balding I didn't care about what people's head looked like. I never paid attention to things like density. A person was either bald or not.

And the goal for us who were dealt NW 6/7 patterns has to be to blend in with others our age.

Absolutely. And best hair transplant is one where the patient blends and it looks natural in IMO. You can see so many NW2/3s getting HTs to get back to their teenage years on Reddit and the before pictures actually look better to my eye because they look natural.

59 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Looking forward to it. I hope you stick around because most people who've had good final results end up leaving forums forever because they don't care about hair loss anymore 😁

Edited by 4chanhrn
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, 4chanhrn said:

It must have been life changing for you in so many ways. Having hair loss when young sucks. I have experienced it myself, but it must have been worse for you.

Yes, only people hypercritical about hair are ones who have hair loss themselves. When I wasn't bald/balding I didn't care about what people's head looked like. I never paid attention to things like density. A person was either bald or not.

Absolutely. And best hair transplant is one where the patient blends and it looks natural in IMO. You can see so many NW2/3s getting HTs to get back to their teenage years on Reddit and the before pictures actually look better to my eye because they look natural.

Looking forward to it. I hope you stick around because most people who've had good final results end up leaving forums forever because they don't care about hair loss anymore 😁

I’ll absolutely try to stick around. I even plan to make some videos talking about my process over the past few years, serving as a different format for people who might want to listen and look rather than read so much. Will post to YouTube. At some point in the future. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/19/2024 at 8:06 PM, general-etwan said:

And the goal for us who were dealt NW 6/7 patterns has to be to blend in with others our age.

Yes. Exactly that. A NW6 or 7 is not going to end up with the most beautiful head of hair ever seen, but they can look like they are not the bald guy in the group and have at least a somewhat decent head of hair. Nobody in the real world is studying your hair or looking to see if your donor is thinner than everyone else.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

By the way, my donor area right in the middle of the back, right below the rim of hair loss, is still very thick once again. Still thicker than I imagined it would be or would prefer. Definitely another few thousand grafts could be taken still before it visibly thinned. Good to know that’s there if ever needed down the road. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

You still have a lot of beard hair to play with. 

I've not seen your back and chest so can only speculate on that 😅

Putting aside density, you are a noorwood one. 

Now is the time to utilise SMP probably with a buzzcut. 

Look at the post by @TheAnswer to see how amazing it can look. 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 1

It looks great and you have a huge improvement compared to before. Thinning in donor is not something that should worry you since in real life people dont give emphasis on donor but on recipient area. Many people trim their sides anyway...

• Like 1

On 23/07/2024 at 16:16, Miller1980 said:

Sembra fantastico e hai un enorme miglioramento rispetto a prima. Il diradamento nella zona donatrice non è qualcosa che dovrebbe preoccuparti, dato che nella vita reale le persone non danno enfasi alla zona donatrice ma a quella ricevente. Molte persone si tagliano comunque i lati...

I don't agree that the donor area has the same importance as the recipient area, you can't disfigure it to have good results in the recipient.

Posted (edited)

Well, I went to my barber to get the sides and back trimmed up because the back and sides were outpacing the top’s growth. Was just hoping to better balance things out. Big mistake! I didn’t think my barber was going to go this short, but he did. I guess now I know I can’t go this short anymore because the extraction area and scarring is too visible. Those 8,000+ extractions starting to show their true selves now. Welp, I guess within a few weeks it’ll be more presentable. That’s the only good news out of this. 
IMG_5430.thumb.jpeg.23d3d5a06b29cf13286b30826fcc3157.jpeg IMG_5431.thumb.jpeg.828f623ea621b736c89820532d484bdb.jpeg

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 2

I guess a concern of mine is how the outlined area is now thicker than all surrounding areas on my scalp, because no grafts have been extracted from that area. So I feel like it’s going to be hard to get haircuts without leaving that outlined area looking thicker and darker than the rest; even at the same length. Not sure how I’m going to go about this going forward. I’m hoping when grown out to medium length that it won’t really be noticeable at all, but it still just feels awkward to me how the density is different there at the same length. 
IMG_5431.thumb.jpeg.1b3c77fd8a9828e2dc4c33de03634834.jpeg

Posted (edited)

SMP could be a solution should you  want to do a 0.5 buzz high/medium fade. Would certainly help mask the extractions & blend with surrounding non-extracted areas. 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, general-etwan said:

I guess a concern of mine is how the outlined area is now thicker than all surrounding areas on my scalp, because no grafts have been extracted from that area. So I feel like it’s going to be hard to get haircuts without leaving that outlined area looking thicker and darker than the rest; even at the same length. Not sure how I’m going to go about this going forward. I’m hoping when grown out to medium length that it won’t really be noticeable at all, but it still just feels awkward to me how the density is different there at the same length.

You can't tell in the pictures you posted July 16th, so it's only because you shaved it down. Let it grow out just a bit and don't get it cut so close from now on and you should be fine.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

The extractions are very evident but, it is also true that the healing process is not yet finished in my opinion, you will improve.
Unfortunately in certain areas they did not extract homogeneously.