Eugenix - NW 6 - 8196 total grafts (4628 in 2022, 3568 in 2024)

caveman

Day 10 Update:

The days are flying by the second time around. All scabs came off from day 7-9. Things seem to be healing well.

The donor farming area looks great. I hope those grafts hang around cause it really gives things a better look above my ears. Some hairs in the temples have shed during the wash. Also, it seems the extractions were done homogeneously cause things look even as they grow back (donor area). Time will tell. Also, I must say the SMP is going to make the ugly duckling phase much more bearable. I can’t imagine how I did it the first time without it.

Aside from that, not much to report on. Now the waiting game.

Here are some pictures:

IMG_4773.jpeg

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4775.jpeg

IMG_4778.jpeg

IMG_4779.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Well Done 1

Very clean work. I’m hoping it’s enough density. I’ve had over 11,000 grafts and my density is still lower than I consider “good” so sometimes the lift can end up being far more than you expect. But the surface area to cover in your case is probably smaller than mine. I think your density will end up solid!

Instagram: ethanlculver
Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024
Treatments: Oral finasteride 1 mg, topical minoxidil, vitamin with biotin, hyaluronic acid moisturizer; all 6 days/week

12 hours ago, general-etwan said:

Very clean work. I’m hoping it’s enough density. I’ve had over 11,000 grafts and my density is still lower than I consider “good” so sometimes the lift can end up being far more than you expect. But the surface area to cover in your case is probably smaller than mine. I think your density will end up solid!

Yah I been thinking about the density everyday since I left India. Dr das sent me a picture of how she placed the grafts and I am optimistic it’s dense enough. I’m hoping the second transplant creates a nice shingling effect with the first one to give better coverage. I’ve got my fingers crossed that the frontal and midscalp is very dense so I can atleast do a slick back to cover the weaker areas.

What did you mean by the “lift?” I didn’t follow what you meant there.

Thanks for the positivity mate. Wishing we both have a crazy good result.

This is the picture that I was talking about. Based on this all looks well. I will say that I think the picture does make the situation look a bit better than it was. Trusting the process though 🤞🏽 

IMG_4790.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caveman said:

Yah I been thinking about the density everyday since I left India. Dr das sent me a picture of how she placed the grafts and I am optimistic it’s dense enough. I’m hoping the second transplant creates a nice shingling effect with the first one to give better coverage. I’ve got my fingers crossed that the frontal and midscalp is very dense so I can atleast do a slick back to cover the weaker areas.

What did you mean by the “lift?” I didn’t follow what you meant there.

Thanks for the positivity mate. Wishing we both have a crazy good result.

I think I meant “lift” as in the journey to get from no density (bald area) to a density that is satisfactory for presentation and appearance. 

• Like 1

Instagram: ethanlculver
Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024
Treatments: Oral finasteride 1 mg, topical minoxidil, vitamin with biotin, hyaluronic acid moisturizer; all 6 days/week

22 hours ago, Stewie said:

Feeling good about this for you mate, I look back at my pics and see similar density, be it I have had 50% more grafts but my sides had dropped more etc, I think by the looks of it you'll be happy this time around and the slick back look will be a winner no doubt easily

Thanks for the positive thoughts Stewie! For sure will be going for the slick back!!  If things exceed my expectations maybe I’ll experiment with some other styles too 😎 

16 hours ago, general-etwan said:

I think I meant “lift” as in the journey to get from no density (bald area) to a density that is satisfactory for presentation and appearance. 

Oh yeah I definitely agree with you there. I feel like it’s never enough grafts! Sometimes the strategic placement of grafts does make a big difference though and other times not so much. I had like 2500 in front/mid and 1500 in crown going into this one so hoping that the added grafts combine with the existing ones and something magical happens. I think we are both gonna be chilling when we hit our 1 year marks 🫡 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

1 Month Update:

It’s been about 1 month since my surgery. Most (if not all) of the transplanted hairs have shed and probably have at least 1 more month of the ugly duckling phase to go.

Hair growth looks uneven for now which is to be expected. I am considering buzzing hair down at the 1.5 month mark and letting it start growing from the 2.5 month mark (if hair looks unpresentable). Everything else is going smoothly and waiting for the growth phase to start. 

IMG_4950.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

IMG_4954.jpeg

IMG_4955.jpeg

IMG_4956.jpeg

Edited by caveman
  • Like 4