HT #1: Dr. Resul Yaman 3050 Grafts. HT #2: Dr Michalis ~2700 grafts

Malledive

A little over 2 months. All has healed very nicely, the SMP I did 2019/2020 is still covering enough so that you can not really notice how thin my hair is mid scalp and crown

IMG_2712.jpeg

IMG_2715.jpeg

IMG_2717.jpeg

IMG_2718.jpeg

IMG_2719.jpeg

IMG_2720.jpeg

IMG_2721.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Made it through month 3 (march, april, may) - approaching the 4th

My hair is actually so thin, even ~5700 grafts r probably by far not enough for a good coverage

IMG_3207.jpeg

IMG_3208.jpeg

IMG_3210.jpeg

IMG_3213.jpeg

IMG_3215.jpeg

IMG_3216.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

You're looking great! I think you should let them grow now, as this is when growth and density really start to kick in.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 7/16/2024 at 10:29 AM, Walker Paper said:

Seems like a nice improvement! Will you let grow your hair?

I am just not sure whether I have enough hair for a decent look with longer hair than a buzz cut. My hair is thin by nature and blondish, and I need a somewhat clean look for work..so idk whether I will let it grow, maybe in winter just to see how it looks 

9 hours ago, Malledive said:

I am just not sure whether I have enough hair for a decent look with longer hair than a buzz cut. My hair is thin by nature and blondish, and I need a somewhat clean look for work..so idk whether I will let it grow, maybe in winter just to see how it looks 

Then why did you get 2 hair transplants if you keep your head shaved? 

On 11/19/2022 at 6:22 AM, Malledive said:

I already had a SMP - my goal is to actually wear my hair short ~1mm in the longterm since I will become a NW5/6.

I use topical FIN - used oral Fin, RU, Minox since early 20s on/off and in small dosage. My father is bald, so is my brother 2 years older than me, I am 32.

We decided to transplant a little bit behind the SMP hairline, will get the dots in front of my hairline removed in the future.

I had no issues with scabs at all, used PanthenolD,VitA,VitE spray and started washing and messaging my scalp from day 6 on. So healing process was super smooth. My hair has already fallen out mostly by day 14. 

It is literally written in my 2nd post in this thread, guyss..

Posted (edited)

More pictures :)) - I am thinking about a third one for the crown. Do you guys think I have enough donor hair left for that plus probably some beard grafts since mine is very thick.. 

IMG_4639.jpeg

IMG_4640.jpeg

IMG_4641.jpeg

IMG_4642.jpeg

Edited by Malledive

Posted (edited)

Never posted before pictures. Found some I sent Yaman during the consultation process for the 1. HT

It is a big difference between now and then

I started applying a topical propecia solution as well, maybe that helped to strengthen old hair, too

01979dca-eca3-4efb-851b-3aea56fe26a8.jpeg

9b717401-6329-43d9-84ef-75f87aeb04f8.jpeg

15ab0164-abd5-450e-a190-464bcdb92893.jpeg

IMG_4941.jpeg

IMG_4939.jpeg

IMG_4934.jpeg

IMG_4933.jpeg

IMG_4964.jpeg

IMG_4966.jpeg

IMG_4967.jpeg

IMG_4968.jpeg

IMG_4969.jpeg

Edited by Malledive

Hi Malte, just read the topic. I feel sorry for what happened to you after first HT - that level of inflamation - definetely something went wrong.
Were I you, I'd be taking antibiotics at that time - topical antibiotics may not work that well.

Speaking of which, what antibiotic did the doctor prescribe after the HT? How long did you take it?
When you contacted them later with the photo they didn't say to take antibiotics, am I correct?
I mean, even if the reason for inflamation was not due to the doctor's error, it feels really sloppy of them to have such an after-treatment.

Posted (edited)

Hey, thanks for the message.

Sadly, I can't remember the antibiotics. Took it 3-5 days like they suggested. They suggested antibiotic cream which I applied to the area, but it didn't help.  

Funny enough, Dr. Michalis gave no pills at all for the aftermath, no antibiotics, no supplements - and there were zero complications. He gave me an antibiotic cream tho that I applied a couple of times to the donor area for 2,3 days. Just shows you the level of difference here. 

Spoke to him again, will go for a 3rd and last HT with ~ 3000 again, 1000 beard and 2000 hair grafts for the crown

Edited by Malledive
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...