Eugenix 3514 grafts (720 on the temples) May 2022 Dr Priyadarshini Das

• Moderators
1 hour ago, asterix0 said:

From that first picture, it is crazy to see that eugenix only marked the top of your crown as a region to implant. Making a little island there for reasons beyond my comprehension. 

I’ve said somewhere before that I think Eugenix strategy on high NWs is to purposely leave the lower crown empty and hope the meds takes care of that area. The lower crown has a tendency to respond very well to meds. Sometimes the strategy works and sometimes it doesn’t. It obviously worked well in this case. If it works you saved a lot of grafts. If it doesn’t work you can cover the area in the next transplant. it would be good if Eugenix explained this idea to their patients better. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

It's crazy that dutasteride would make such a big difference compared to fin. You were already on fin for a while in the Eugenix pic?

It's not just the horseshoe pattern that improved, your entire retograde area is far improved as well. Maybe the lighting is doing some of the heavy lifting but it's certainly not all thanks to the lighting. 

Yes. before Eugenix i was using finasteride for more then a year. 

Some more photos. Angle is not exactly the same, but i don't have better comparision. 

IMG_0230.thumb.JPG.55aebfb25e39b1265e9e1653ab8588c6.JPG

IMG_7182.thumb.JPG.7caa46882d49a91df5aa3e4092a69a81.JPG

And here is photo taken during consultation with Bruno Ferreira (November 2023).He had a studio lamp with a strong light, so we can see that the lower crown has improved anyway no matter the lighting

ferreira.thumb.png.f781b61e9c5b662916dafa9982c4da39.png

Edited by GeneralNorwood

1 minute ago, FUEtile said:

It wasn’t 100% miniaturized you can see that in the before picture 

yeah, but i believe that was maximal lenght possible at that time and thanks to dutasteride they can grow a little longer. However i know that this is not spectacular effect. 

I have a lot of miniaturised hair across my scalp and i am not cutting them at all. They can only achieve few centimeters lenght. 

They skipped this region for a reason

IMG_0644(1).thumb.JPG.697b6bc94de729788a057e435d4410ae.JPG

3 hours ago, asterix0 said:

From that first picture, it is crazy to see that eugenix only marked the top of your crown as a region to implant. Making a little island there for reasons beyond my comprehension. 

The reason is that Priyadarshini didn't want to implant any hair on my crown, but I expressed my concern that the hair on the crown looked too sparse. 

She responed that if i were completely bald in this region, she would implant 1500 grafts. But since i have hair there, she can carefully implant only around 300 grafts to not harm the existing hair. 

So basically she made this "island" of hair to get my remarks out of the way and proceed with the HT.

And now every surgeon I meet asks me the same question: "Why did they make this island of hair on the crown?"

Edited by GeneralNorwood

7 hours ago, FUEtile said:

It wasn’t 100% miniaturized you can see that in the before picture 

Ok, after all, it's all about the length of the hair

I found another picture taken 4 months before Eugenix (January 2022). 

It's warm light, so the worst of kind. And lower crown looked beter then on Eugenix photos. Maybe later i got bad haircut which exposed lower crown during photo session in Eugenix. 

461428830_388900214278712_6555380738848621750_n.thumb.jpg.3964cddfad2e496f55cb8257c7fc4aef.jpg

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

And it's an island of beard hair, right?

No, it's an island of normal hair. 351 scalp grafts. 

They implanted around 30 beard grafts in the scar that is on back of my head. Most of this grafts died i think

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1

Just now, GeneralNorwood said:

Ok, after all, it's all about the length of the hair

I found another picture taken 4 months before Eugenix (January 2022). 

It's warm light, so the worst of kind. And lower crown looked beter then on Eugenix photos. Maybe later i got bad haircut which exposed lower crown during photo session in Eugenix. 

461428830_388900214278712_6555380738848621750_n.thumb.jpg.3964cddfad2e496f55cb8257c7fc4aef.jpg

No, it's island of normal hair. 351 scalp grafts. 

They implanted around 30 beard grafts in the scar that is on back of my head. Most of this grafts died i think

Not the same angle or length dude but damn that was a horrible plan of doing an island

13 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

She responed that if i were completely bald in this region, she would implant 1500 grafts. But since i have hair there, she can carefully implant only around 300 grafts to not harm the existing hair. And now every surgeon I meet asks me the same question: "Why did they make this island of hair on the crown?"

Eugenix are famous for this,the reason they don't implant hair between existing hair is a mystery to me? All the leading HT surgeon can do it but Eugenix always leave it for medications. Medication can only help to slow down hairloss not regrow it.

It's really unfortunate that you are left with this small island of hair on crown.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

The reason is that Priyadarshini didn't want to implant any hair on my crown, but I expressed my concern that the hair on the crown looked too sparse. 

She responed that if i were completely bald in this region, she would implant 1500 grafts. But since i have hair there, she can carefully implant only around 300 grafts to not harm the existing hair. 

So basically she made this "island" of hair to get my remarks out of the way and proceed with the HT.

And now every surgeon I meet asks me the same question: "Why did they make this island of hair on the crown?"

The good news is, more grafts can be added around it to make it look natural. At least the yield seemed pretty good there.

It is just the additional annoyance and time needed to fix this which is unfortunate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asterix0 said:

The good news is, more grafts can be added around it to make it look natural. At least the yield seemed pretty good there.

It is just the additional annoyance and time needed to fix this which is unfortunate. 

Well it's not that simple. 

Check out this photos. They are made under most harsh lighting in my apartment. I have 2 warm source of lighting in my bathroom. This is this kind of "romantic" light that they use in restaurants 😅

461428828_1023727436216094_966040775116420027_n.thumb.jpg.93fe91807f955828df933a6988df3d9c.jpg

461435576_510131135148114_8127987493806606514_n.thumb.jpg.88b68d514eae3013d843040e94a88b2c.jpg

461493958_517916900954991_7749026366613850284_n.thumb.jpg.4a962345fdc057f997f990db392db5d0.jpg

12 hours ago, FUEtile said:

Not the same angle or length dude but damn that was a horrible plan of doing an island

Who do you think is in a better position to gauge the re-growth in these areas; OP who can physically touch the hair and look at the area in person from a variety of angles, or you, a guy at his moms house looking at pictures on the internet. 

• Valued Contributor

These images and angles really give a sense of how stupidly broad the hairline design is. The hairline should be much narrower and start to recede earlier otherwise you get what can be seen here as these kind of antenna sticking out from the sides. I had a similar issue due to the broadness and width of my own hairline as you know and I see that is in a lot of Eugenix cases now. It's sort of the default hairline design and whilst it tends to look good on Indian patients, it's not really what caucasian hairlines tend to look like. You'd get a lot of milage I think from going with Dr Sever's recommendation to subtract from the hairline and just mature it and break it up a bit. Might require a second session to finish things off but it would go a long way for you.

**EDIT - red line of the Zarev image is probably where the hairline should have been roughly and is meant to be illustrative but any amount of subtraction from outside of that line would look good. The line Dr Sever draw that you shared on here a few pages back looked nice.

461428828_1023727436216094_966040775116420027_n.thumb.jpg.93fe91807f955828df933a6988df3d9c.png

IMG_7182Zarev.png

Edited by Berba11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

These images and angles really give a sense of how stupidly broad the hairline design is. The hairline should be much narrower and start to recede earlier otherwise you get what can be seen here as these kind of antenna sticking out from the sides. I had a similar issue due to the broadness and width of my own hairline as you know and I see that is in a lot of Eugenix cases now. It's sort of the default hairline design and whilst it tends to look good on Indian patients, it's not really what caucasian hairlines tend to look like. You'd get a lot of milage I think from going with Dr Sever's recommendation to subtract from the hairline and just mature it and break it up a bit. Might require a second session to finish things off but it would go a long way for you.

461428828_1023727436216094_966040775116420027_n.thumb.jpg.93fe91807f955828df933a6988df3d9c.png

IMG_7182Zarev.png

Couldn’t agree more, it’s not like the OP has a forehead like Hellboy. 

I just think this was a shocking HT

Shame on those established members of this forum for not saying it as it is. It’s black and white. It is inexcusable, never in a million years would a top HT doctor or clinic do something like this, just never. 

At least this OP seems like he has a good strength of character which is to be admired. I really hope he can get the results in the end he deserves.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1