Eugenix 3514 grafts (720 on the temples) May 2022 Dr Priyadarshini Das

2 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

I had surgery planned in Hattingen clinic for November. It was supposed to be small surgery to clear up the hairline and fix disconnections ~ 1500 grafts. 

But Zarev's clinic contacted me last week with information that they have opening for me with an earlier date for surgery. 

Guys, i didn't believe that i can get surgery before 2027, even with 9 euro price. When i was in Zarev's clinic in March, everybody said that they can't promise me an earlier spot, because cancellation list is long. 

And recenlty in mtb's topic there was information that price for cases like mine has increased to 15 euro per graft. So i was thinking something like "at least i have to pay bargain price 9 euro/per graft, but with this demand i have surely wait for 2027..."  I even commented on that : https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/67023-dr-zarev-11941-grafts-1st-procedure-8321-2nd-procedure-3620/?do=findComment&comment=787127

One week later i got message on Whatsapp with proposition for super early date of surgery and i accepted it immediately after reading :D

Few guys will ever have the opportunity you have (Zarev).  Make the most of it. Congratulations!

• Like 1

One week later i got message on Whatsapp with proposition for super early date of surgery and i accepted it immediately after reading :D

Best of luck with your surgery. I read every reply through 2/3rds of this thread(I'll finish it off some day) and it has been a learning experience for me in terms of planning and how pictures can be deceiving. People's reaction also is also heavily influenced by what others are posting.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I think after it's all done, you'll be in a good spot after surgery with Zarev. Your situation is very easily fixable from the numbers that Zarev has provided you and being able to tolerate the strongest meds means you are in very good spot.

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Although I had booked with Dr Arika, I don’t think I’ve spent more than 45 minutes in the same room as her pre, intra and post-op combined. 

Even during the “consultation”, which was about 2 or 3 minutes combined, she had left the room to consult with one or two other patients in that morning.

All of these things started happening once Eugenix exploded and you had Dr Arika stretched across about three different packages.

Can't beat yourself too much about it. You tried to do everything right. I personally am skeptical whenever whoever is perceived to be a decent surgeon at a decent price is able to offer a not so high waiting list. The only way they can do that is by performing surgery on more patients per day.

The level of involvement by most Eugenix doctors is not very different(could be even less) than hairmills from Turkey. Yet their doctors get whitewashed by almost every "list" in the industry into being an elite option for patients, when this is very clearly a hair mill and like every hair mill there is minimal planning, different patients get different levels of involvement and variability of results is high. The only thing that's not devaluing them to that level(yet) is results, but forum results are usually a lagging indicator to deteriorating process. I think we've seen something similar with Asmed after they increased in popularity.

I was very very close to going with Eugenix but I decided not to. Experiences of patients and threads like this is why I decided not to go with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 4chanhrn said:

The level of involvement by most Eugenix doctors is not very different(could be even less) than hairmills from Turkey. Yet their doctors get whitewashed by almost every "list" in the industry into being an elite option for patients, when this is very clearly a hair mill and like every hair mill there is minimal planning, different patients get different levels of involvement and variability of results is high. The only thing that's not devaluing them to that level(yet) is results, but forum results are usually a lagging indicator to deteriorating process. I think we've seen something similar with Asmed after they increased in popularity.

I was very very close to going with Eugenix but I decided not to. Experiences of patients and threads like this is why I decided not to go with them.

I am pleased that you have decided not to go with Eugenix.

Every surgery at Eugenix was a success when Dr. Sethi was the leading surgeon. Eugenix 10 years back had only two surgeons, Dr. Sethi and Dr. Arika. Dr. Sethi used to lead the surgeries and Dr. Arika used to assist. While Dr. Sethi had the potential to be the best, things began to go down when he viewed himself as a businessman instead of a surgeon.

They started scaling their business and their quality took a toss! At present. Dr. Sethi hardly performs any surgery unless you are a big Bollywood Star or a Cricket Star!

What a downfall!

@GeneralNorwood, I am very pleased for you. Your perseverance has paid off. To get a HT from Dr. Zarev is a dream!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

congrats & good luck.

Im having my surgery with Zarev on Nov 19th.

still 9euro per graft or an off schedule price?

Zarev is honouring price from March, that is 9 euro/per graft. 

If i were a new patient, i would have to pay 15 euro/per graft ;) 

Good luck for you too in November. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Every surgery at Eugenix was a success when Dr. Sethi was the leading surgeon. Eugenix 10 years back had only two surgeons, Dr. Sethi and Dr. Arika. Dr. Sethi used to lead the surgeries and Dr. Arika used to assist. While Dr. Sethi had the potential to be the best, things began to go down when he viewed himself as a businessman instead of a surgeon.

They started scaling their business and their quality took a toss! At present. Dr. Sethi hardly performs any surgery unless you are a big Bollywood Star or a Cricket Star!

I think they very clearly give their superstar cases and celebrities a lot of attention/care because it's good marketing, but I'm not sure an average person going there would get the same level of detail even after paying exorbitant prices.

Sethi still operates but charges $7/graft for all slits being made by him. The level of involvement is very low if you go through people reviews of people that have been operated by him.

Edited by 4chanhrn
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

I'm having surgery with Zarev next week 😅

Wow very happy for you! Time to close this chapter once and for all, and no better surgeon for the job than Dr Zarev with his intricate pre-surgery planning.

All the best and I will be looking forward to reading about your experience with all the details.

• Thanks 1
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - see link below for more info
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - 3200 grafts to frontal third and partial mid-scalp - link to thread
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - May 2025 -  - 2500-3000 grafts to remainder of mid-scalp and crown + touch-up

26 minutes ago, 4chanhrn said:

I think they very clearly give their superstar cases and celebrities a lot of attention/care because it's good marketing, but I'm not sure an average person going there would get the same level of detail even after paying exorbitant prices.

Sethi still operates but charges $7/graft for all slits being made by him. The level of involvement is very low if you go through people reviews of people that have been operated by him.

Here is video of Sethi who tries to find out from Zarev how to be the best HT surgeon in the world :D

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Zarev is honouring price from March, that is 9 euro/per graft. 

If i were a new patient, i would have to pay 15 euro/per graft ;) 

Good luck for you too in November. 

that is very good considering your off schedule

• Like 1

Damn congrats on getting in! I had no idea he raised his price further but it makes sense. 

I had a consult in march as well this year and was placed on the priority list. No call for early surgery 😩

May I ask how often you keep in touch with them? I scheduled for 2027 but haven’t checked in proactively since I made the first appointment. Did you reach out on a regular basis?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can't wait to see what Dr Zarev does with this. Good luck!'

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Grouse said:

May I ask how often you keep in touch with them? I scheduled for 2027 but haven’t checked in proactively since I made the first appointment. Did you reach out on a regular basis?

I asked reception on whatsapp about my donor specifics few times and they provided me detailed information after 2 months. I guess that they had to take this information from Dr. Zarev. 

During the consultation in March, I assured them that I could fly to Bulgaria even if I received information the day before the surgery and it would not matter to me whether it was a smaller one-day surgery or a longer two-day surgery.

Edited by GeneralNorwood

37 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

During the consultation in March, I assured them that I could fly to Bulgaria even if I received information the day before the surgery and it would not matter to me whether it was a smaller one-day surgery or a longer two-day surgery.

so what do you do for a living :D

That you can throw everything away, leave behind just like this ... As it is not only the surgery itself => but a few weeks of completely changed lifestyle :)

Stil ... wishing you all the best and we all hope you will keep posting your progress here :)

Edited by JohnnyWoo
typos
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Awesome. Good luck man keep us posted. 

I’m going to follow up with the receptionist (she was really nice!), with similar details. Glad they’re honoring the 9 euro per graft prices. Hope to join you before 2027 lmao 

Def recommend Glovo for food delivery while you’re healing up btw

• Thanks 1

Amongst all the stress on your journey... you've struck gold with a Dr Zarev cancellation.  Benjamin Franklin once said that "the only things certain in life are death and taxes"... should he have been around today, i'm sure he'd have added a Zarev home-run! Best of luck with your upcoming surgery (not that you need it) & look forward to seeing the pending transformation. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

Amongst all the stress on your journey... you've struck gold with a Dr Zarev cancellation.  Benjamin Franklin once said that "the only things certain in life are death and taxes"... should he have been around today, i'm sure he'd have added a Zarev home-run! Best of luck with your upcoming surgery (not that you need it) & look forward to seeing the pending transformation. 

Thank you John... That was really unexpected for me. I even called dr. Zarev himself on Friday evening and i was like "Sorry dr. Zarev that i am bothering you on friday evening but... Is this surgery happening, is this 100% sure?" 🤣

I think that now we can test on this forum all this theories with dr. Zarev doing surgeries only on selected patients with super mutant donors  or  strong, thick burgalian  hair 😂

Becacuse i have

- average donor that was used by other clinic and ~3500 grafts were taken. 

- weak Polish miniaturised hair on top of the head with Norwood 7 as the final pattern :D

Last week dr. Zarev told me that my surgery will be longer then usual because of previous HT. That includes longer planning and i suppose other things too. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

Thank you John... That was really unexpected for me. I even called dr. Zarev himself on Friday evening and i was like "Sorry dr. Zarev that i am bothering you on friday evening but... Is this surgery happening, is this 100% sure?" 🤣

I think that now we can test on this forum all this theories with dr. Zarev doing surgeries only on selected patients with super mutant donors  or  strong, thick burgalian  hair 😂

Becacuse i have

- average donor that was used by other clinic and ~3500 grafts were taken. 

- weak Polish miniaturised hair on top of the head with Norwood 7 as the final pattern :D

Last week dr. Zarev told me that my surgery will be longer then usual because of previous HT. That includes longer planning and i suppose other things too. 

I bet, must have seemed too good to be true when you got that call… but it’s true alright! 

Going to be an interesting case for Zarev, especially with your abundance of resilient miniaturised hair. Think it’s just a given it’s going to be a long surgery with Zarev, guy is a total work horse. 

Looking forward to reading your meticulous write up and getting a feel for how Dr Zarev surgery is executed. Be sure to take a tonne of pictures!  

2025 is going to bring you heaps of confidence! 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

All the best brother!

Keep us updated via pictures!!

Extraction part is over. It took nearly 4 hours. Zarev collected almost 3k grafts. Now it’s time for lunch

IMG_4054.thumb.jpeg.f28b8999d0d013282e71dcb03708035c.jpegIMG_4052.thumb.jpeg.ccaf9371ca1771064ffb8c2d1d4cc7de.jpegIMG_4059.thumb.jpeg.faa0d52b8e3d24445cde37848f63fc9b.jpegIMG_4075.thumb.jpeg.b4bdd53c9d4576e4d81ba910791a363e.jpeg2CDA6A46-E729-40AA-8BA0-F68FC1FEBEED.thumb.jpeg.e72bd7e1c3edc820d471b8f0a88ad3f6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Extraction part is over. It took nearly 4 hours. Zarev collected almost 3k grafts. Now it’s time for lunch

IMG_4054.thumb.jpeg.f28b8999d0d013282e71dcb03708035c.jpegIMG_4052.thumb.jpeg.ccaf9371ca1771064ffb8c2d1d4cc7de.jpegIMG_4059.thumb.jpeg.faa0d52b8e3d24445cde37848f63fc9b.jpegIMG_4075.thumb.jpeg.b4bdd53c9d4576e4d81ba910791a363e.jpeg2CDA6A46-E729-40AA-8BA0-F68FC1FEBEED.thumb.jpeg.e72bd7e1c3edc820d471b8f0a88ad3f6.jpeg

I'm intrigued by the lines drawn furthest forward closest to the hairline... Is that a potential new (higher) hairline position I'm sensing, or the furthest forward he would be willing to place grafts in case you decide to bring your hairline up a bit in the future?

Edited by Berba11