Xyon 2% Dutasteride Siloxysytem Gel Journey

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mauricio said:

After being on Xyon Dutasteride for a year, hair stabilized and got some reasonably regrowth and thickening. I experimented switching to their Finasteride + Minoxidil, because I was curious to see if it'd have less of an impact on my serum DHT levels, since Dutasteride lower it by 42%. I also like the convenience of just doing  once a day application instead of minoxidil in the morning and Dutasteride at night. After 2.5 months on Xyon's Finasteride my serum DHT went down 68%!! compared to before I started applying any 5 AR inhibitor. So, I'm not sure what to think of the Syloxysystem. At a 68% serum DHT reduction, I might as well take oral Finasteride. I'll go back to their Dutasteride, since it seems to be more effective (at least on paper) and caused a less drastic reduction in serum DHT.

Has anyone of you guys measured your serum DHT levels before and after Xyon? Have you noticed any side effects on their Dutasteride?

I haven’t, but 42% after using it daily isn’t bad. Do you use it daily? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

So far, my results are fantastic. No side effects thus far, but im strictly on dutasteride. 
7CD4C316-274B-433C-9F96-7510FD890D5D.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I haven’t, but 42% after using it daily isn’t bad. Do you use it daily? 

Yes, daily since I started. It seemed that on their Finasteride it was harder to get an erection than with Dutasteride.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

So far, my results are fantastic. No side effects thus far, but im strictly on dutasteride. 
7CD4C316-274B-433C-9F96-7510FD890D5D.jpeg

Looks good. In terms of results, I noticed that both definitely work for me.  Now it's a matter of what causes less systemic impact and side effects.

1 hour ago, Mauricio said:

After being on Xyon Dutasteride for a year, hair stabilized and got some reasonably regrowth and thickening. I experimented switching to their Finasteride + Minoxidil, because I was curious to see if it'd have less of an impact on my serum DHT levels, since Dutasteride lower it by 42%. I also like the convenience of just doing  once a day application instead of minoxidil in the morning and Dutasteride at night. After 2.5 months on Xyon's Finasteride my serum DHT went down 68%!! compared to before I started applying any 5 AR inhibitor. So, I'm not sure what to think of the Syloxysystem. At a 68% serum DHT reduction, I might as well take oral Finasteride. I'll go back to their Dutasteride, since it seems to be more effective (at least on paper) and caused a less drastic reduction in serum DHT.

Has anyone of you guys measured your serum DHT levels before and after Xyon? Have you noticed any side effects on their Dutasteride?

I have been in oral finasteride 1mg a day for 6 months and my DHT Blood work came back and it was 25ng. I’m assuming that’s good. But i wonder if the xyon gel would be even better 

20 minutes ago, Smacias15 said:

I have been in oral finasteride 1mg a day for 6 months and my DHT Blood work came back and it was 25ng. I’m assuming that’s good. But i wonder if the xyon gel would be even better 

With Xyon Finasteride my DHT went from 57ng to 18ng. With Xyon Dutasteride it was at 33ng after 6 months of daily application

22 minutes ago, Mauricio said:

With Xyon Finasteride my DHT went from 57ng to 18ng. With Xyon Dutasteride it was at 33ng after 6 months of daily application

Wow so xyon fin is more effective for you than xyon dustasteride I see. Might make the jump 

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2024 at 12:30 PM, Smacias15 said:

Wow so xyon fin is more effective for you than xyon dustasteride I see. Might make the jump 

I don’t think it’s more effective. What matters is the DHT reduction in the scalp not in the serum. It seems that Dutasteride might be more effective at that, but we can’t be sure unless someone measures their scalp DHT to determine. 

Edited by Mauricio

That is disturbing to hear about the topical finasteride decreasing serum dht by about as much as the oral. I always thought it was about 30% for the topical. Perhaps it explains why my body hair has thinned so much.

7 hours ago, hockeyman said:

That is disturbing to hear about the topical finasteride decreasing serum dht by about as much as the oral. I always thought it was about 30% for the topical. Perhaps it explains why my body hair has thinned so much.

Have you tried 0.05mg oral fin ? It decrease 50% dht in blood instead of 70% but it decrease 60% dht in scalp like 1mg ?

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day (with Melatonin 0.0033%, Fisetin 1%, Resveratrol 2%, NMN 1%, Ginko 1%, Caffein 0.2%)
DHT and Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : Topical dutasteride 0.05% twice a week + Fluridil + Pyrilutamide Koshine826
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm : human Umbilical Chord Exosomes ; see my progress pics here.

• Administrators

Feels like a slight growth. I don’t know if ill ever have no weak spots, but big improvement.

039B9B54-98D5-458E-B4DC-71CB24283EF7.jpeg

View my thread

9 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Feels like a slight growth. I don’t know if ill ever have no weak spots, but big improvement.

039B9B54-98D5-458E-B4DC-71CB24283EF7.jpeg

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t you on oral minoxidil too? I think you talked about it on youtube. Either way great results.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Carson85 said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t you on oral minoxidil too? I think you talked about it on youtube. Either way great results.

Yes, I was on oral minoxidil for 6 months before getting on topical dutasteride.

However, I just recently started using Xyon shampoo and conditioner. 

I wanted to share some outdoor shots towards the sun.

IMG_5174.jpeg

For comparison before hair transplants and medication.

IMG_5177.jpeg

The multiple HTs has helped my donor and top have less of a demarcation line. This has helped immensely.

• Like 2

View my thread

• Moderators

@Melvin- Admin I wouldn’t even call your crown weak anymore. It looks practically full to me. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

22 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Yes, I was on oral minoxidil for 6 months before getting on topical dutasteride.

However, I just recently started using Xyon shampoo and conditioner. 

I wanted to share some outdoor shots towards the sun.

IMG_5174.jpeg

For comparison before hair transplants and medication.

IMG_5177.jpeg

The multiple HTs has helped my donor and top have less of a demarcation line. This has helped immensely.

Why did you stop taking oral minoxidil? Doesn’t topical dutasteride handle dht only while minoxidil handles miniaturization? So topical dutasteride handles both issues?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Smacias15 said:

Why did you stop taking oral minoxidil? Doesn’t topical dutasteride handle dht only while minoxidil handles miniaturization? So topical dutasteride handles both issues?

Im still on minoxidil. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

oral or foam?

Oral

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

• Like 1

View my thread