Dr Zarev 11,941 grafts. 1st procedure 8,321, 2nd procedure 3,620

mtb

On 6/27/2024 at 12:23 PM, mtb said:

8 months. Very happy with the result. Will keep growing it longer. Pushed back wavy -> Man bun -> Slicked back, long in back -> Surfer look -> then probably settle on a pompadour kind of look, very short on the sides. 

I was talking to Dr Zarev and plan to head back as part of a euro trip in the next few months. Will do some final pics and I assume he’ll assess how well the recipient and donor healed. 

IMG_1036.jpeg

IMG_1037.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

IMG_1044.jpeg

IMG_1045.jpeg

IMG_1046.jpeg

Do you think you would have achieved these results without finasteride and minox? Your results amaze me but as someone who can’t take the medication I am not sure how much hope I should put in these results!

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2024 at 2:08 AM, Ccd99 said:

That's nothing short of spectacular!

Yeah, Dr Z is incredible at his craft. @Ccd99

On 6/27/2024 at 2:09 AM, CautiousResearcher said:

Dude, this is insane!  You must be so stinking happy.  Congrats man. 

Thanks, I'm glad I found Dr. Zarev @CautiousResearcher

On 6/27/2024 at 12:35 PM, mister_25 said:

That’s absolutely incredible, I’m floored by this result

Yes, didn't think it was possible 2 years ago @mister_25

10 hours ago, Shesayshesay said:

Do you think you would have achieved these results without finasteride and minox? Your results amaze me but as someone who can’t take the medication I am not sure how much hope I should put in these results!

Well the fin wouldn't have helped with this result. I am just taking fin to slow the loss in the maroon areas shown on the pictures below. Those areas on the sides of my head will for sure bald at some point but I'm just doing a half dose of fin to slow that down. Hoping to push that eventuality down the road another 3-5 years. As for the bottom of the crown it's not certain that part will ever bald but maybe. The fin helps slow that possibility down. I have 2,500 grafts in reserve in my donor for if/when those areas bald.

As for the minoxidil I believe it's a significant contributor to the density of the transplanted hair. I got a little lazy March-May but have gotten back on it. It helps increase the diameter of the hairs up 20% apparently. Minoxidil will yield the best overall result for Dr Zarev's transplants. One could get by without it but it will be a bit thinner.

On finasteride, I kept reading less than 3% get side effects and even then half of patients taking the drug have a cessation of side effects if they continue using the drug (your body gets used to it). Further, I saw a study referenced that fin reduces dht in the scalp by like ~65% and a half dose reduces dht by ~60% so there are some folks talking about how you can half the drug exposure and get nearly the same benefit. Just a few thoughts. I'll post a link if I can find the study. I am not a doctor, I am just guy on the internet. Consult your doctor and don't sue me. lol @Shesayshesay

image.png

image.png

Edited by mtb
  • Like 5

On 6/30/2024 at 4:46 PM, Shesayshesay said:

Most of his results are without any products tho, I asked him during the consultation a lot of bulgarian don't bother with medication and the results are still the best imo. 

• Wow 1

He obviously will check your donor potential and your worst projected case scenario (NW wise), then assess what type of hairline is the best or if it's even possible with his 60% rule and if Donor<worst case nw. @Shesayshesay

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick PSA for those who have had  transplant or who are planning to get one. Your recipient site hair is going to be thinner than a non-dht affected scalp. You may have cosmetically taken care of the hair loss issue but even at 60% of your pre-dht affected density there is a lot of sunlight and UV rays that will get to your scalp so you need to protect it. I cover up if I'm going to be in the sun more than 10 minutes. I've also rubbed sun block through my hair on to my scalp, many months after procedure, but I don't recommend that because it looks weird and may affect growth if you've only recently had your procedure.

I was on a mountain top yesterday of 11k feet and the sun was extremely bright at that altitude. I made sure to cover up. It does seem like my bald uncles and family friends are always getting pre-cancerous and cancerous things cut off of their heads. Maybe the scalp is more susceptible to UV radiation? And if so, now that you have hair on the top of your head it will be more difficult to see if anything nefarious is growing on your scalp in the recipient area. 

So it is best to take precautions. We may be cured from baldness from a cosmetic perspective but without the density of a native non-dht affected scalp we need to take precautions. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Typical dry style. One day of the bad tik tok influencer style. Not trying that again  ha  

IMG_1177.jpeg

IMG_1178.jpeg

IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1026.jpeg

Edited by mtb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 7/18/2024 at 6:27 PM, mtb said:

Typical dry style. One day of the bad tik tok influencer style. Not trying that again  ha  

IMG_1177.jpeg

IMG_1178.jpeg

IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1026.jpeg

bro is rocking the broccoli cut 🤣

• Haha 2

On 7/18/2024 at 11:27 PM, mtb said:

IMG_1177.jpeg

IMG_1178.jpeg

IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1026.jpeg

hard to believe you was ever bald. what a transformation 🤯👏🏻

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 4:45 PM, baddecisions said:

Your result is incredible, new hairstyle uhmm isn't 😄

@baddecisions ha. I agree.

On 7/18/2024 at 4:55 PM, GeneralNorwood said:

Seeing this photos, i heard this song in my ears 😂

@GeneralNorwood It's pretty scary. lol

On 7/20/2024 at 9:25 AM, Fox243 said:

bro is rocking the broccoli cut 🤣

@Fox243 one time only.

On 7/20/2024 at 3:37 PM, BogdanNn134 said:

How is your mid scalp and crown? 

@BogdanNn134 The crown is solid. I'll post 9 month photos next weekend.

On 7/20/2024 at 5:10 PM, Joseph James said:

Broccoli cut > Mr. Clean

@Joseph James Probably. 😂

On 7/20/2024 at 5:56 PM, Big Rome said:

hard to believe you was ever bald. what a transformation 🤯👏🏻

@Big Rome Thanks, it's been nice.

• Well Done 1

9 months. Some non flash followed pics with flash. No product. May post some pics with a new powdered texturizing powder I’ve been trying. Things are going great. 

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1230.jpeg

IMG_1231.jpeg

IMG_1232.jpeg

IMG_1234.jpeg

IMG_1235.jpeg

IMG_1236.jpeg

IMG_1258.jpeg

IMG_1245.jpeg

IMG_1246.jpeg

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1251.jpeg

IMG_1260.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow 4

• Moderators
12 hours ago, mtb said:

May post some pics with a new powdered texturizing powder I’ve been trying.

It doesn't look like you need any. It looks like you have a full head of hair and never lost any of it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Damn, such a good result! I'm not sure you even need powders tbh, looks like you never lost hair. Can't wait for my surgery in 2027... just need to survive till then.

I decided to go with Zarev in large part due to your post. Thanks for sharing your journey sir!

Posted (edited)

@Al - Moderator @Grouse The powder product I have isn't really a to make the appearance thicker it's more to created styled look. The pics I posted are with no product. But am interested in the products that Melvin referenced. May take a look at those at some point. 

Edited by mtb
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, mtb said:

@Al - Moderator @Grouse The powder product I have isn't really a to make the appearance thicker it's more to created styled look. The pics I posted are with no product. But am interested in the products that Melvin referenced. May take a look at those at some point. 

Please do post them, fam ! Gives us patience and motivation for when our turn comes. 

How do you feel nowadays about your hair, anything you'd have done different or you'd like to perfect or maybe it's already for you when you look at yourself in the mirror ? 💪

Wonderful results. 😇

• Moderators
2 hours ago, mtb said:

Oh. Ok then. My mistake. Thanks. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 7/29/2024 at 12:08 AM, mtb said:

9 months. Some non flash followed pics with flash. No product. May post some pics with a new powdered texturizing powder I’ve been trying. Things are going great. 

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1230.jpeg

IMG_1231.jpeg

IMG_1232.jpeg

IMG_1234.jpeg

IMG_1235.jpeg

IMG_1236.jpeg

IMG_1258.jpeg

IMG_1245.jpeg

IMG_1246.jpeg

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1251.jpeg

IMG_1260.jpeg

Absolute perfection. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

image.png

Nothing beats the suave quiff. It's timeless. 

I can't believe this is where you started.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

image.png

Nothing beats the suave quiff. It's timeless. 

I can't believe this is where you started.

image.png

When you post it like this I just can’t believe the kind of witch craft you gotta pull to get this. 

Zarev is insane. From the complete restoration of the hairline, temples, and still doesn’t kill the persons donor for all the grafts. I literally can’t believe this is real. 

10/10 for sure.

• Like 2

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

On 7/28/2024 at 6:08 PM, mtb said:

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1230.jpeg

IMG_1231.jpeg

IMG_1232.jpeg

IMG_1234.jpeg

IMG_1235.jpeg

IMG_1236.jpeg

IMG_1258.jpeg

IMG_1245.jpeg

IMG_1246.jpeg

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1251.jpeg

IMG_1260.jpeg

No doubt Dr. Zarev is an excellent surgeon with excellent results and I don't want to sound negative but I think his achilles heel is the hairline. It's not as soft and natural as some doctors who specializes in those. I hope I won't be chewed on this but I'm just stating what I have observed...

• Like 2