Dr Zarev 11,941 grafts. 1st procedure 8,321, 2nd procedure 3,620

mtb

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mr. Clean said:

No doubt Dr. Zarev is an excellent surgeon with excellent results and I don't want to sound negative but I think his achilles heel is the hairline. It's not as soft and natural as some doctors who specializes in those. I hope I won't be chewed on this but I'm just stating what I have observed...

Every man has different opinion ...

I actually LOVE the hairline.
IMHO much better than some "soo soooft" hairlines .. that for me look like receding / balding

BTW
Insane, crazy good result :)

Edited by baldDick666
typo
  • Like 1

I will say like many other people on here, this is without doubt a fantastic result, but its got to be noted that @mtb hair type is really good, you can tell the hair is generally quite thick and has a small wave which all helps, this surgery on someone with my fine hair type would not look this good, but this is not to take away from the overall look as its amazing

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mr. Clean said:

No doubt Dr. Zarev is an excellent surgeon with excellent results and I don't want to sound negative but I think his achilles heel is the hairline. It's not as soft and natural as some doctors who specializes in those. I hope I won't be chewed on this but I'm just stating what I have observed...

What do you mean by soft ? Also, he legitimately choose every single hair depending on the characteristics depending on the area of the hairline/temples. You can't have a better choice. 

You are either comparing this restoration (from deep nw6) to very soft hairlines in the sense of "conservative" and in this case it is up to the patient, or comparing it to dense packing surgeons that go mega aggressive and they either are not ethic or the patient is stabilized (with meds or naturally/slow loss) which is unfair and does look good on pics but what about IRL ? Zarev told me he doesn't like aggressive stuff that much but he would do it and sees no issues if your case allows it and it's what you like. (You just need to go through and it'll require more money and multiple passes for obvious reasons).

edit Forgot to add that he adds a small band of singles in the front that might look strange to people on zoomed pictures but I've seen Bulgarians with full heads when I went and its undetectable and smooth (natural if you prefer), shocking sight.

I don't see anyone topping that tbh !

Edited by MC117

On 7/29/2024 at 12:42 PM, MC117 said:

Please do post them, fam ! Gives us patience and motivation for when our turn comes. 

How do you feel nowadays about your hair, anything you'd have done different or you'd like to perfect or maybe it's already for you when you look at yourself in the mirror ? 💪

Wonderful results. 😇

@MC117I can't really think of anything I would have done anything different. Been more consistent with minoxidil probably. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Clean said:

@Mr. Clean You gotta choose the surgeon whose work you like the best. I think mine looks great. A non-hair transplant forum member will never look at my hairline and suspect anything.

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

I will say like many other people on here, this is without doubt a fantastic result, but its got to be noted that @mtb hair type is really good, you can tell the hair is generally quite thick and has a small wave which all helps, this surgery on someone with my fine hair type would not look this good, but this is not to take away from the overall look as its amazing

@Stewie You might be right but I don't know enough to make an educated comment. When I first consulted in Dec of 2022 I believe the Dr. said my hairs per follicle were average, hair caliber was slightly above average, and grafts per cm were slightly below average? I can't remember but he basically said overall I had pretty average characteristics. As for the wave that is not native to my hair and may dissipate with time. 

• Like 1

Please don’t get me wrong fellow HRN members, I am a big fan of Dr. Z’s work and excellent result… matter of fact if you review my comments I only follow MTB and Hugo’s result, some of Dr. P’s and also Capelli’s result from Eugenix just because he is not using any meds. Based on those three doctors I follow, that will give you an idea that I am a high NW so I am only interested in doctors who handle those cases. Of the three in my opinion Dr. Z is the best of them all. Having said that, I am just stating what I have noticed with the hairline results he has vs the results of the other doctors who either handle high NW or low NW… Let me post some photos to support my case. These are photos I searched here in HRN. The 1st seven photos are the results of Dr. A, Dr. D, Dr. K, Dr. P in no particular order and the last two are of Dr. Z’s… focus on the hairline and I think the photos can explain better what I have observed. I like it more when the hairline is uneven and soft compared to a strong and even as the former makes the hairline more natural. Again this is not to say a negative thing about Dr. Z but just my humble opinion…

IMG_8282.jpeg

IMG_8283.png

IMG_8284.png

IMG_8286.jpeg

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8288.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

IMG_8290.jpeg

IMG_8289.jpeg

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Mr. Clean said:

Please don’t get me wrong fellow HRN members, I am a big fan of Dr. Z’s work and excellent result… matter of fact if you review my comments I only follow MTB and Hugo’s result, some of Dr. P’s and also Capelli’s result from Eugenix just because he is not using any meds. Based on those three doctors I follow, that will give you an idea that I am a high NW so I am only interested in doctors who handle those cases. Of the three in my opinion Dr. Z is the best of them all. Having said that, I am just stating what I have noticed with the hairline results he has vs the results of the other doctors who either handle high NW or low NW… Let me post some photos to support my case. These are photos I searched here in HRN. The 1st seven photos are the results of Dr. A, Dr. D, Dr. K, Dr. P in no particular order and the last two are of Dr. Z’s… focus on the hairline and I think the photos can explain better what I have observed. I like it more when the hairline is uneven and soft compared to a strong and even as the former makes the hairline more natural. Again this is not to say a negative thing about Dr. Z but just my humble opinion…

IMG_8282.jpeg

IMG_8283.png

IMG_8284.png

IMG_8286.jpeg

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8288.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

IMG_8290.jpeg

IMG_8289.jpeg

I do have to say that I agree with this. Dr Z is a legend and his transformations are insane of course, but I would say that sometimes his hairlines are not as nicely feathered as you would hope. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

@Mr. Clean I see what you are saying, keep in mind the lighting is not the same nor is the background, that is always tricky when evaluating transplants.

I like to say that pictures inside a car are the most flattering and are absolutely useless when evaluating results...to me the best comparisons are outside pictures, clear in the daylight. 

Edited by asterix0

@Mr. Clean I hear you but if you go back to page 23 of this thread you can see me out in natural light and that there is a fair amount of transition in the hairline in normal light. If there's too much soft transition on a patient it looks, to me, like a guy with the beginning stages of a receding hairline which is what we're trying to defeat. What I have works perfectly for me and everyone should definitely choose their doc based on their own preferences and on the results their doctor presents. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Mr. Clean said:

IMG_8282.jpeg

IMG_8283.png

IMG_8284.png

IMG_8286.jpeg

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8288.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

IMG_8290.jpeg

IMG_8289.jpeg

The comparisons are just bad. Hair product or not, no light vs harsh light, high norwood recovery or not, grafts per cm² etc.
Of course, no animosity and ultimately you are free to choose the surgeon you want. But for me other doctors have nothing on him tbh, I'd say his hairlines are even one of the most natural I've seen. I saw many patients of his IRL and other transplanted patients elsewhere. 

Also rewatch the interview done by melvin, in fact Dr.Zarev does a soft transition, he says it's needed for a natural look. Not sure I understand you, most of the pics you displayed aren't that soft. His hairlines aren't straight/even either.

Pics from dr.zarev, you can't even tell which hair are transplanted for most : 

Keep in mind none of those are dense packed which is even more incredible !

m376661yUr.png.7c703e283cb3fc78c78943822cfe7d62.png 

VLvuQ7EFHS.png

1A1D996F-6AD5-4677-8A01-3BF3998B87DC.jpeg

GBruirhBg8.png

HLTt34mqRj.png

izXJtWiImk.png

jEofZZpHcV.png

vCeTLGKBt0.png

Edited by MC117
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MC117 said:

The comparisons are just bad. Hair product or not, no light vs harsh light, high norwood recovery or not, grafts per cm² etc.
Of course, no animosity and ultimately you are free to choose the surgeon you want. But for me other doctors have nothing on him tbh, I'd say his hairlines are even one of the most natural I've seen. I saw many patients of his IRL and other transplanted patients elsewhere. 

Also rewatch the interview done by melvin, in fact Dr.Zarev does a soft transition, he says it's needed for a natural look. Not sure I understand you, most of the pics you displayed aren't that soft. His hairlines aren't straight/even either.

Pics from dr.zarev, you can't even tell which hair are transplanted for most : 

Keep in mind none of those are dense packed which is even more incredible !

m376661yUr.png.7c703e283cb3fc78c78943822cfe7d62.png 

VLvuQ7EFHS.png

1A1D996F-6AD5-4677-8A01-3BF3998B87DC.jpeg

GBruirhBg8.png

HLTt34mqRj.png

izXJtWiImk.png

jEofZZpHcV.png

vCeTLGKBt0.png

I agree with the photos you posted above. I think it looks more natural and soft if the hairline has a widows peak on it. That’s the common denominator of the patient’s hairline you posted. I guess the similarity between MTB and Hugos hairlines is it’s more of an even one. @mtb did you chose to have an even hairline or did Dr. Z suggest it? Was wondering if before the surgery you can request from him to have a widows peak like what Dr. P does with his patients? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Clean said:

I agree with the photos you posted above. I think it looks more natural and soft if the hairline has a widows peak on it. That’s the common denominator of the patient’s hairline you posted. I guess the similarity between MTB and Hugos hairlines is it’s more of an even one. @mtb did you chose to have an even hairline or did Dr. Z suggest it? Was wondering if before the surgery you can request from him to have a widows peak like what Dr. P does with his patients? 

Some of them still had the middle part of the hairline like a nw III but he matched the hairline perfectly and it's invisible. But I don't want to derail mtb's thread too much haha ! Hugo's and mtb's hairlines are fine. 

Dr. Zarev usually does what the patient asks for if the donor allows it and the state of loss allows it too (affected area's size, stabilized or not etc.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC117 said:

Some of them still had the middle part of the hairline like a nw III but he matched the hairline perfectly and it's invisible. But I don't want to derail mtb's thread too much haha ! Hugo's and mtb's hairlines are fine. 

Dr. Zarev usually does what the patient asks for if the donor allows it and the state of loss allows it too (affected area's size, stabilized or not etc.) 

Gotcha… yeah I agree, those patients from the photos above are probably low NW with still remaining hairline which Dr. Z just filled and followed the hairline outline. That makes sense compared to high NW which he has to make a hairline from scratch basing on where the hairline used to be. Thanks @MC117for explaining and I do apologize to derail your thread @mtb. I am not saying that there is something wrong with Hugo’s or your hairline but just stating my own opinion that I find it too “strong” for my preference. I’m pretty sure that if I see you or Hugo in person, it probably is not as what it seems to be in the photos.
I totally agree with what you said that I have to choose the surgeon that I think will be my best preference and that is best suited for my case and I have already decided that a long time ago that no doubt it is Dr. Z.
There’s a reason why I have been naming the doctors with just their last name initials and that is to make my point that I have gone through all the doctor’s reviews in the alphabet here in HRN from dr’s A-Z and have decided a while back then that I will be settling with the best and last letter of the alphabet and that is Dr. Zarev!

Anyway congratulations @mtb for your awesome result! 👏🏼 Before you go riding into the sunset and stop posting your updates, I would like to thank you for sharing your journey here in HRN. Hugo’s and your reviews and results were the reason for my decision. I am still anxiously awaiting for @anxious6 updates though lol 😆

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hairlines are subjective, personally this is an impeccable result. I love the subtle widows peak, overall it’s extremely natural. 

I’ll just leave this here

E9ED0C74-ABD6-483A-BF19-ED274EDD9795.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

26 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Hairlines are subjective, personally this is an impeccable result. I love the subtle widows peak, overall it’s extremely natural. 

I’ll just leave this here

E9ED0C74-ABD6-483A-BF19-ED274EDD9795.jpeg

Winner of the Best HT 2024?

I think so. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Winner of the Best HT 2024?

I think so. 

Strong contender for sure. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/5/2024 at 7:32 AM, Mr. Clean said:

Gotcha… yeah I agree, those patients from the photos above are probably low NW with still remaining hairline which Dr. Z just filled and followed the hairline outline. That makes sense compared to high NW which he has to make a hairline from scratch basing on where the hairline used to be. Thanks @MC117for explaining and I do apologize to derail your thread @mtb. I am not saying that there is something wrong with Hugo’s or your hairline but just stating my own opinion that I find it too “strong” for my preference. I’m pretty sure that if I see you or Hugo in person, it probably is not as what it seems to be in the photos.
I totally agree with what you said that I have to choose the surgeon that I think will be my best preference and that is best suited for my case and I have already decided that a long time ago that no doubt it is Dr. Z.
There’s a reason why I have been naming the doctors with just their last name initials and that is to make my point that I have gone through all the doctor’s reviews in the alphabet here in HRN from dr’s A-Z and have decided a while back then that I will be settling with the best and last letter of the alphabet and that is Dr. Zarev!

Anyway congratulations @mtb for your awesome result! 👏🏼 Before you go riding into the sunset and stop posting your updates, I would like to thank you for sharing your journey here in HRN. Hugo’s and your reviews and results were the reason for my decision. I am still anxiously awaiting for @anxious6 updates though lol 😆

Most of them are fully made hairlines ex-nihilo ! Glad to read you are going with Zarev, wish you best of luck with your results and waiting time haha.  

On 8/2/2024 at 6:48 PM, mtb said:

@MC117I can't really think of anything I would have done anything different. Been more consistent with minoxidil probably. 

@Mr. Clean You gotta choose the surgeon whose work you like the best. I think mine looks great. A non-hair transplant forum member will never look at my hairline and suspect anything.

@Stewie You might be right but I don't know enough to make an educated comment. When I first consulted in Dec of 2022 I believe the Dr. said my hairs per follicle were average, hair caliber was slightly above average, and grafts per cm were slightly below average? I can't remember but he basically said overall I had pretty average characteristics. As for the wave that is not native to my hair and may dissipate with time. 

Hey man, so I have my surgery scheduled with Dr. Zarev in January (reached out a couple years ago and did my consultation in January 2023). 

I'm hoping to not be on Minoxidil or Fin (had Minoxidil side effects). My hair profile was I guess pretty average, but with decently thick skin (he mentioned it's harder, but doable, just takes longer if I recall).

Here's my pics from the visit:

@mtb You previously wore a hair system. I haven't tried it, but was curious on your thoughts of hair system vs ht? Planning to go ahead (and excited about) the surgery. The hairline is a bit high, and will need to figure out the right hair style (I'm 40, so had the flipped up/straight in front hair style - better than today's broccoli in fairness:)), but also hoping to avoid meds so not going to try and push it up lower.

Anyways, as hadn't tried a Hair System, just was curious on your opinion as you mentioned you had used one for a few years prior.

PHOTO-2023-02-02-08-32-31.jpg

PHOTO-2023-02-02-08-32-29.jpg

PHOTO-2023-02-02-08-32-30.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mphoenix said:

Hey man, so I have my surgery scheduled with Dr. Zarev in January (reached out a couple years ago and did my consultation in January 2023). 

I'm hoping to not be on Minoxidil or Fin (had Minoxidil side effects). My hair profile was I guess pretty average, but with decently thick skin (he mentioned it's harder, but doable, just takes longer if I recall).

Here's my pics from the visit:

@mtb You previously wore a hair system. I haven't tried it, but was curious on your thoughts of hair system vs ht? Planning to go ahead (and excited about) the surgery. The hairline is a bit high, and will need to figure out the right hair style (I'm 40, so had the flipped up/straight in front hair style - better than today's broccoli in fairness:)), but also hoping to avoid meds so not going to try and push it up lower.

Anyways, as hadn't tried a Hair System, just was curious on your opinion as you mentioned you had used one for a few years prior.

PHOTO-2023-02-02-08-32-31.jpg

PHOTO-2023-02-02-08-32-29.jpg

PHOTO-2023-02-02-08-32-30.jpg

Nice! Glad to see another Zarev pt. Good thing you got in before he got really busy. Were you scheduled or off scheduled consultation? If I were you and my surgery is this coming January, I wouldn’t even waste my money, time and effort in getting in to hair system. I’d wait for the surgery since it’s just a few months from now. There’s nothing that beats the feeling of having a real hair IMO. I’m excited to see your own thread and update specially you mentioned you’re not taking any meds…

1 minute ago, Mr. Clean said:

Nice! Glad to see another Zarev pt. Good thing you got in before he got really busy. Were you scheduled or off scheduled consultation? If I were you and my surgery is this coming January, I wouldn’t even waste my money, time and effort in getting in to hair system. I’d wait for the surgery since it’s just a few months from now. There’s nothing that beats the feeling of having a real hair IMO. I’m excited to see your own thread and update specially you mentioned you’re not taking any meds…

Thank you! I was an on-scheduled consultation (a bit after mtb who was at 4 euros, mine is 5 euros a graft). I am struggling to remember exact graph count, but between two surgeries it would equal about 9 to 10k grafts

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mphoenix said:

Thank you! I was an on-scheduled consultation (a bit after mtb who was at 4 euros, mine is 5 euros a graft). I am struggling to remember exact graph count, but between two surgeries it would equal about 9 to 10k grafts

That's lucky of you to get in and scheduled for surgery that quickly. I hope you update HRN and create your own thread so that I can follow you as well!

5 minutes ago, Mr. Clean said:

That's lucky of you to get in and scheduled for surgery that quickly. I hope you update HRN and create your own thread so that I can follow you as well!

Will do! I should have put my down payment down the week after I visited (Dr. Zarev was super professional as expected, and encouraged me not to pay my down payment while I was at the visit so it wouldn't be influenced by any emotions/highs and could think critically about it afterwards - seriously, how many other Doctors would be doing that). I instead waiting a couple months to put down my down payment which pushed it back to January. Still grateful there no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mphoenix said:

Will do! I should have put my down payment down the week after I visited (Dr. Zarev was super professional as expected, and encouraged me not to pay my down payment while I was at the visit so it wouldn't be influenced by any emotions/highs and could think critically about it afterwards - seriously, how many other Doctors would be doing that). I instead waiting a couple months to put down my down payment which pushed it back to January. Still grateful there no doubt.

Yeah he does sound like a great doctor both ethically and professionally based on what I read on Hugo's  and MTB's reviews. Wow, so are you saying that if you paid the down payment the day or the week after  consultation you could have been scheduled earlier than January? 

6 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

@mphoenix Without fin you will lose the middle part as it is clearly miniaturizing, just to keep in mind. 

Even with fin, it's very possible that region gets killed due to shock loss given how weak it is.

1 minute ago, Mr. Clean said:

Yeah he does sound like a great doctor both ethically and professionally based on what I read on Hugo's  and MTB's reviews. Wow, so are you saying that if you paid the down payment the day or the week after  consultation you could have been scheduled earlier than January? 

Yep, it would have been two days ago August 4th if so lol

• Like 1