Dr Zarev 11,941 grafts. 1st procedure 8,321, 2nd procedure 3,620

mtb

• Moderators

Wow. This result looks even better in this video. There's no way anyone would think this is a hair transplant.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Best result ever seen imo. I’m so freaking curious what he does with his own developed technique. I heard something with vacuüm extraction. No idea what that means but this result is so amazing. 

10 hours ago, SY7 said:

Best result ever seen imo. I’m so freaking curious what he does with his own developed technique. I heard something with vacuüm extraction. No idea what that means but this result is so amazing. 

Zarev is the best in the world. Bar none.

Some people like to put Pitella and others in the conversation with him. Sorry, but no. They are not worthy. Zarev stands alone.

Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2024 at 4:08 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Thank you @mtband @Melvin- Adminfor taking time to share your experiences and showing us your hairline. I gotta admit, it does look very natural in the video. If I saw you the first time without knowing where you were before, I would have not suspected that you had a HT. That’s how natural it is in the video, very age appropriate. Thank you again for sharing  Ryan, oops I mean Clayton 😆

Edited by Mr. Clean
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2024 at 6:38 AM, Al - Moderator said:

Wow. This result looks even better in this video. There's no way anyone would think this is a hair transplant.

@Al - Moderator Thank you. I am fortunate. 

On 8/14/2024 at 7:50 AM, SY7 said:

@SY7 Thanks. Dr Zarev is the best in the world. 

On 8/14/2024 at 8:14 PM, Mr. Clean said:

Thank you @mtband @Melvin- Adminfor taking time to share your experiences and showing us your hairline. I gotta admit, it does look very natural in the video. If I saw you the first time without knowing where you were before, I would have not suspected that you had a HT. That’s how natural it is in the video, very age appropriate. Thank you again for sharing  Ryan, oops I mean Clayton 😆

@Mr. Clean I’m very happy with it. I’m sure you’ll be thrilled with yours. 

On 8/14/2024 at 8:20 PM, GeneralNorwood said:

@mtb

Let's try this hairstyle then 😂

mtb.png.053958c17a4a6a0a3152df056ae2aa0b.png

@GeneralNorwood ha ha. If only our bank accounts looked as similar. 

On 8/15/2024 at 4:18 PM, Mr. Clean said:

Can’t resist it, bros are like twins 😁

IMG_8320.jpeg

@Mr. Clean Guess I should hire an agent. Ha

10 months from second procedure. 20 months from 1 st procedure. First set are no flash. Second set have flash. 

IMG_1408.jpeg

IMG_1409.jpeg

IMG_1411.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg

IMG_1423.jpeg

IMG_1425.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

IMG_1429.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Well Done 1

Posted (edited)

Was watching this show the other day called The Patriot on Amazon Prime. This Iranian guard guy was rocking a crazy hairline. Might go back to see if Dr Zarev can get me a NW negative 3 hairline. Ha. Anybody else notice other people’s hair way too much?IMG_7092.thumb.jpeg.c115af685072ed0d4119d371448d39a1.jpeg

Edited by mtb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Moderators
9 hours ago, mtb said:

Was watching this show the other day called The Patriot on Amazon Prime. This Iranian guard guy was rocking a crazy hairline. Might go back to see if Dr Zarev can get me a NW negative 3 hairline. Ha. Anybody else notice other people’s hair way too much?IMG_7092.thumb.jpeg.c115af685072ed0d4119d371448d39a1.jpeg

Can I borrow a few thousand grafts from him?

• Haha 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
On 8/28/2024 at 7:21 PM, mtb said:

DHT hates him. 

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)

@omarca The hair from the first procedure is pretty long. Maybe 6 - 8 inches. The hair from the second procedure is all different lengths but most are probably 3-4 inches. Here’s a pic I took a couple weeks ago after blow drying. The long hairs are from the first procedure. In the second picture you can see what my length was at 10 months from the first procedure. 

IMG_1386.jpeg

IMG_8494.jpeg

Edited by mtb
  • Wow 1

• 3 weeks later...

mtb - Last question I'll post on your topic before starting my own. Feel free to delete this from here as well mods.

I am having my surgery with Zarev January 25th. I am not getting on any meds long-term and he is ok with that.

That being said, I would do his topical/minoxidil solution short-term if it will help with the grafts taking. I would do it for a year. However, I know their is shock loss when you stop. Would that undo whatever benefits I had from taking it (know there is shock-loss, but curious if it will help with the adoption of the new grafts)?

Wanted to see if being on it short-term will help with adoption, then can get off of it later - but if there is no real benefit to that since I'm not on it long-term then I'll hold off.

Edited by mphoenix

3 hours ago, mphoenix said:

mtb - Last question I'll post on your topic before starting my own. Feel free to delete this from here as well mods.

I am having my surgery with Zarev January 25th. I am not getting on any meds long-term and he is ok with that.

That being said, I would do his topical/minoxidil solution short-term if it will help with the grafts taking. I would do it for a year. However, I know their is shock loss when you stop. Would that undo whatever benefits I had from taking it (know there is shock-loss, but curious if it will help with the adoption of the new grafts)?

Wanted to see if being on it short-term will help with adoption, then can get off of it later - but if there is no real benefit to that since I'm not on it long-term then I'll hold off.

Congrats, phoenix. I'm not really sure if the min/fin helps the grafts "take". They will "take" with or without the min/fin combo. As I understand it the min/fin combo helps the hair grow faster, makes the hair 10-25% thicker, and keeps the hair in the anagen (growth) phase for longer. So you'll get faster growth and more coverage essentially. Feel free to dm me. I'm happy to share more. 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, mphoenix said:

I don't believe minoxidil will help your hair transplant grow. However, it will maintain your native hair. Medication is always strongly advised before getting surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 hours ago, mphoenix said:

minoxidil will speed up the growth of your hair transplant, by icnreasing the blood flow in your recipient area.

Edited by Nobaldscalp

Thanks all! I will likely follow-up with you too as it gets closer mtb, appreciate the offer so much. 

Had some bad experience with Minoxidil in the past (heavily used it for 12 years - over the recommended dosage - and really gave me bad smile lines early on (27, I'm now 40:)). Prefer after that experience to stay off of it going forward. Dr. Zarev's patients don't always use it - it is recommended but not required, and leaning towards that then at the moment. If it was to help shorter term with the grafts taking I would use it, but as I don't plan on longer term, think I'll hold off.

hair_transplant10: I had a consultation in January '23 before his rate/demand increased to the current levels.

• Administrators
On 8/15/2024 at 3:18 PM, Mr. Clean said:

Can’t resist it, bros are like twins 😁

IMG_8320.jpeg

It is crazy. I want to compare him before, after, and then with Gosling right next to him.

View my thread