Almost 1 Month and 5000 Grafts - Extremely Dry Scalp, Is This Normal?

I had my transplant on the 25th Nov in Turkey. Since all the scabs were removed from my scalp it has suddenly become super dry and though my doctor asked me stick to the mild SecretAge mild shampoo, I have used a mild shampoo a couple of times, nizoral once , and gone a couple of days without washing. Im coming up to 30 days in the 23rd, and my doctor suggested I can then start using nizoral (he recommended not using it before). It’s frustarting bc most posts or people who I see do not have this dryness and redness.

I also stupidly at the weekend went out and smoked A LOT of cigerettes and had very little sleep :/ not the wisst choice Ive made. Does it look fine? These photos are from post weekend. There are also parts of the transplant area which I press now that feel a little sore like ‚bruise‘.

I hope I haven‘t completely destroyed and wasted time doing this.  Please let me know if you have any advice :) 

21F61782-32E2-4E65-870B-458D1E3491E4.jpeg

49974215-C4DA-41FC-AE3B-1FF9F1076C44.jpeg

DF34E0DB-8EE3-455D-B674-70305311F357.jpeg

73630BE7-7616-4FEC-A857-6185AEE2B179.jpeg

0F83A280-F9EA-45C3-B559-F3C9A28F1435.jpeg

AB394936-E4E8-46ED-A64D-828292A4F799.jpeg

3E0668CB-47A4-4B0D-B743-0623E1D6A12F.jpeg

Mine was very similar. Mr Dr recommended Almond Oil which worked a treat. Always best to speak to your own Dr though as they all have their own methods.

Nothing to worry about though it’s fairly normal, your head has gone through significant trauma don’t forgot!

Thanks, I will take a look almond oil :)  great tip!

It is rather frustrating as I am obsessing over it and seeing little/no improvements. I picked a couple of times, which is not great either. My doctor only recommended continuing the non-medicated shampoo which the clinic gave me daily, but I'm afraid that is/was drying it out even more. Thankfully from day 30 (this coming Friday) I have more freedom with what I can use on my scalp  And one question, it didn't affect your growth and final results?

I only had my op 3 months ago so still in the early stages myself but I am starting to see growth

Are you washing with shampoo every day? Maybe alternate and only use shampoo every second day when washing your head to see if that helps. Also be sure to not go outside right after a wash if the weather is quite cold or really warm as this dries the skin out too.

Hopefully with Almond oil use you do see some changes as it helps hydrate the skin and keep it hydrate - so flaking much less 👍🏻