Dr Arshad/Hair Dr - 3100 grafts Feb 22

I had an extra 2500 grafts. It was mainly for refinement - to strengthen the hairline and complete the crown. It was a luxury really. I could have just stuck to the first surgery but it now allows me to wear my hair however I want to and it looks pretty solid even when soaking wet.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 4/27/2024 at 12:57 PM, BackFromTheBrink said:

I guess I'm pretty much at the end of my journey (for now). I'm 10 months post second surgery and happy with where I've managed to get to.

That's great news. We are happy for you.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2024 at 10:29 AM, BackFromTheBrink said:

I had an extra 2500 grafts. It was mainly for refinement - to strengthen the hairline and complete the crown. It was a luxury really. I could have just stuck to the first surgery but it now allows me to wear my hair however I want to and it looks pretty solid even when soaking wet.

Hairline is now 10 and a half month, so I suspect this is the final result. It's much more solid due to the 2nd surgery. This is as I woke up, so no combing over weaker areas, and no product in it.

IMG_20240601_090948.thumb.jpg.ce7c22ad39d4637e139f6cbd888b69f6.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 6:14 AM, BackFromTheBrink said:

Here's the day afterwards showing placement. As you can see, the grafts were placed at different density in 3 areas from front to back.

IMG_20230131_221154.thumb.jpg.10db591530f09273cc3f5290eb38f483.jpg

Unbelievable efficacy of grafts here- unreal that there was enough of the 3100 to fill in the crown also and still provide such a great density. 

1 hour ago, Hairwolf said:

Unbelievable efficacy of grafts here- unreal that there was enough of the 3100 to fill in the crown also and still provide such a great density. 

It was 3100 in the first surgery and 2500 in the second, so 5600 total grafts.

The second made far less difference since there was a lot less to improve, but I think both surgeries used the grafts available well.

My crown is fuller after the second surgery but I'm still hoping for a bit more growth.

Here's it today, but it looks thinner under harsh overhead light.

IMG_20240601_131921.thumb.jpg.e9537faf6f0f7790bb9a85d3e87bc2e0.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Hairline is now 10 and a half month, so I suspect this is the final result. It's much more solid due to the 2nd surgery. This is as I woke up, so no combing over weaker areas, and no product in it.

IMG_20240601_090948.thumb.jpg.ce7c22ad39d4637e139f6cbd888b69f6.jpg

That hairline looks immaculate 🙏

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

Man that turned out so good.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

35 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

Are you able to take some recent pictures in natural sunlight?  Looks good on the ones you’ve posted. 

I'll take some outside. This is the closest I have on my phone. It was taken a fortnight ago on a sunny day, next to a window and under a skylight.

IMG_20240511_1019013.thumb.jpg.664af2e47c1b535640b01b2e69999c81.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

10 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I'll take some outside. This is the closest I have on my phone. It was taken a fortnight ago on a sunny day, next to a window and under a skylight.

IMG_20240511_1019013.thumb.jpg.664af2e47c1b535640b01b2e69999c81.jpg

It needs cutting, but this is outside brushed back off my head to show the hairline.

IMG_20240602_184923.thumb.jpg.1718638b8acf4bd2ed9d79b1301639a6.jpg

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, davidn said:

@BackFromTheBrink did dr ashad tell you how much donor you have left?

My last surgery was with Dr Michalis.

I got a thick central donor region and could use my lower crown (that is yet to be touched).

We talked about lowering my hairline but he talked me out of it. That was 2k grafts and probably have been the last surgery I could have had. So I don't know exactly but more than 2k and probably less than 3k.

I'm approaching 50 though, and haven't seen any further loss for a few years so I'm hoping I won't need another.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

5 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

My last surgery was with Dr Michalis.

I got a thick central donor region and could use my lower crown (that is yet to be touched).

We talked about lowering my hairline but he talked me out of it. That was 2k grafts and probably have been the last surgery I could have had. So I don't know exactly but more than 2k and probably less than 3k.

I'm approaching 50 though, and haven't seen any further loss for a few years so I'm hoping I won't need another.

ah. very nice results man. congrats!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...