can you get a ht when your full hairline receeded 1-2cm backwards and the rest of the hair has still good density?

• Valued Contributor

The risk will be matching the density of the native hairline hair. If this goal is achieved you risk the native hair thinning/receding/changing. I’m not saying don’t do it. Just be aware of all the variables when choosing a surgeon. All the best. 👌

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

The risk will be matching the density of the native hairline hair. If this goal is achieved you risk the native hair thinning/receding/changing. I’m not saying don’t do it. Just be aware of all the variables when choosing a surgeon. All the best. 👌

thats what im thinking, thr density part

@mr_peanutbutter,

I don’t know much about your specific case but if I understand you correctly, you are simply asking if a surgeon can restore a youthful looking hairline and part of the frontal region to match the rest of your natural hair.

The answer is absolutely YES!.

Now, keep in mind that hairline restoration is as much an art as it is a science. Designing a hairline that mimics nature is challenging but the best surgeons are quite good at it. Dr. Rahal has an outstanding reputation for producing exceptional looking hairlines and has often been referred to as the “hairline king“  by his patients and members of the online forum community  

But regardless of who you select for surgery, my advice is always the same. Choose a surgeon based on their proven track record of producing outstanding results consistently rather than choosing one based strictly on price and location. Obviously these are natural considerations but just be careful   They should be the last considerations rather than the first.  

Keep in mind also that most surgeons won’t re-create what’s referred to as “true density“ even though everything will match up and blend in nicely with your natural hair even if there are no signs of thinning in that area.  It’s not that Dr. Rahal and other reputable surgeons can’t re-create natural density - it’s just that it’s normally not prudent because you don’t want to use up all your available donor hair when some might be needed for subsequent work in the future depending on a patient’s progression of male pattern baldness.

Rest assured however, enough density will be provided to blend in nicely with your natural hair and yet still keep plenty of donor hair in reserve for the possibility of necessary future work.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.