Robotic FUE and overharvesting question

I replied to an ad here in NY for free donor analysis.

Got into discussion with their rep from an Artas/Robotic FUE clinic (they also do manual fue and fut as he pointed out).

He had some cautionary words about 4,000 graft FUEs, claiming they would only do that 1-2 years apart and doing so can easily create patchy/thin donor area and 'only' Turkey mills do that.

He told me to consider FUT too if I actually need that much as it leaves density intact. I'm really opposed to FUT however.

In any event he was selling me on robotic, and while it sounds good I seem to remember anecdotes here about how it is not all that.

His selling points were that 1) it is able to analyze donor density on the fly and harvest only from areas that won't suffer from extraction and 2) it can be 'told' to go get single hair grafts as/when needed for e.g. frontal line and temples and 2) then told to get only 2s-4s for density behind. That is is the best way to get maximum grafts for FUE without the risks of overharvesting that manual FUE can result in. And in any event they would never do and would in fact turn away patient requesting any more than 2.500-3,000 FUE grafts max.

Wondering about thoughts on this here?

@Rafael Manelli @NegativeNorwood @Melvin- Moderator

• Administrators

Watch this

• Like 1

I was just an inch away from booking a a hairmill based on google reviews before i stumbled upon this goldmine of a forum. 

I’m a paid administrator for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive compensation from any clinic, and my comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.