Thinking of Hair transplant

Hi 

I am 40 years old looking for hair transplant. 

Had couple of opinions one that my hair not good for hair transplant candidate, this was in England. 

Eugenix said do transplant using 3000 donor area and 1900 beard

Another said 4000 done in 2 operations. 

Is it possible to get 3000 donor hair, as one person said your sides look very thin for transplant. 

back.jpeg

front.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

top.jpeg

@findmak,

It would be impossible to say exactly how many grafts you have available for transplanting based on photos alone. However, while I do see some evidence that the hair is a little thinner on the sides of your head, I would venture to say that you’re still a candidate for hair transplant surgery based on the pictures of the back of your head.

Are you currently taking any non-surgical treatments such as finasteride or minoxidil? Are you still losing hair? At 40 years of age, your hair loss pattern is likely already established so, even if you do lose more hair, it likely won’t be a substantial amount.

I would say that you would probably need about 4000 grafts or so which should give you enough to cover the thinning areas, create a conservative looking hairline and provide enough density in the front so that it doesn’t appear thin.  Now, this is just my opinion and I’m going strictly based on the photos that you presented here. But if you’re interested in a one on one information session with Dr. Rahal,  send me a private message, and I can go ahead and get that set up for you.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

I am currently using rogaine. I have noticed more hair loss using rogaine than before. Before I used to lose 1 or 2 hair in a week. Now it is sometimes 5 or 6. 

They say using beard hair in long term is not good because of different nature which will give unnatural look, as hair keep thinning. 

I had email from eugenix saying there is no increase in chance of high grade tumour in using finasteride. The leaflet I got with finasteride said it did, that is why i di not use it.

Temporary Hair sheds are pretty common when you are into Hair Loss medication like Rogaine. 

Finasteride is safe drug to use there is no chance of high grade tumor. 

Which brand of Finasteride says such things? 

I would personally recommend against a hair transplant from the looks of your pics. However, I see Dr. Rahal on this thread. Dr. Rahal does great work. You can at least do a consult with him and see where it goes. Best wishes going forward. 

• Valued Contributor

The back looks allrite but the sides looks very weak and you should first get your scalp checked cause there may be a chance of retrograde alopecia ...and if you dont have retrograde alopecia and than if you wanna go for a transplant than you have to set very moderate goals as you have high grade of baldness and the donor area isn't that good...so you cn consult dr pittela who is good at high grade baldness cases ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023