Recommendations for my situation (2nd HT)

On 4/26/2023 at 10:44 PM, aykay7 said:

Thanks for your honest opinion, I appreciate it. Agreed, my density is very poor. I'm not sure if it was due to poor density implantation on my transplant, or if it's because I simply kept losing hair. 

I also did not go on any meds, the side effects do not really seem worth it to me. So now I'm questioning whether I should even do a 2nd transplant if I still refuse to go on the meds.

Dr. Espinosa Custodio quoted me 2,200-2,400 grafts. HLC quoted me 2000-2500 grafts. Couto, Pinto, & Zarev full until end of 2024/25.

I am waiting on De Freitas's consultation.

It's not that I don't have the $$$ for Munib, but I am questioning of it is worth it to go so big and make that kind of investment, when I will probably not go on meds and may continue losing hair...

Have you looked into Dr Pittella? Excellent surgeon and only recommends oral and topical Minoxidil and not Finasteride so that may be more in line with your medical requirements?

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 1:13 AM, Renegade said:

You'll have to be okay with the possibility of the hair in a few years  being the same or worse in density than now. 

If we would see pictures before your first HT one could maybe make a careful estimation how it could play out for you. 

Here's a couple pictures right before my 1st and only HT

Photo2-6-1925118PM.thumb.jpg.1c7aa75ccde828f3053f65ce1969ac20.jpg01ak2750gr(1).thumb.jpg.4549693920840b2ed06120f47b42ef08.jpg

On 4/28/2023 at 2:40 AM, Sunset Dune said:

Just out of curiosity has your hair (the front) always pushed up the way it’s styled in those pictures or did that occur after hair transplant? I’ve noticed lots of hair transplant patients have their hair styled up exposing the hairline and I’m wondering if that’s how transplanted hairs stand or if the patient intentionally styles it that way

I intentionally styled it that way, and for a few years before the transplant. I just added a couple of pics right before the op so you can see how it was styled then.

Since I hit puberty, my hair started sucking and was really hard to do anything with it, so I just brush it back.

On 4/29/2023 at 5:23 AM, mrmane85 said:

Have you looked into Dr Pittella? Excellent surgeon and only recommends oral and topical Minoxidil and not Finasteride so that may be more in line with your medical requirements?

I haven't, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely check out some of his work :)

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 10:49 AM, aykay7 said:

Hello all, just wanted to write an update.

I requested a consultation from Erdogan/Asmed and HOI, just to see what they say out of curiosity. (I have decided no way I'm going back to Turkey this time around)

HOI - I sent the pictures via WhatsApp and they answered within 2 minutes quoting me 3500-4000 grafts at 6,000USD. It was their main WhatsApp number and the quotation was done within 1 minute of me sending the pictures, so I doubt a doctor actually saw, assessed, and quoted that.

Erdogan/Asmed - I sent the pictures and they say Mr. Erdogan has evaluated and says "the surgery should consist of 5,000 grafts"

I definitely didn't expect to be quoted that much 😮 I was thinking I'd need 1,000-,1,500 grafts max just to increase the density. What do you guys think?

I really hope they're just gauging the grafts to increase costs 😔

5000 grafts....  Erdogan is a scam artist, is anyone surprised

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 9:49 AM, aykay7 said:

HOI - I sent the pictures via WhatsApp and they answered within 2 minutes quoting me 3500-4000 grafts at 6,000USD. It was their main WhatsApp number and the quotation was done within 1 minute of me sending the pictures, so I doubt a doctor actually saw, assessed, and quoted that.

Erdogan/Asmed - I sent the pictures and they say Mr. Erdogan has evaluated and says "the surgery should consist of 5,000 grafts"

Absolutely pathetic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 5:56 PM, A_4_Archan said:

De freitas - 3.5 euros per graft(one of the best hairline designer and great value for money imo) 

I really like his works, but the hairline design is straight, no curvatures. It is an unnatural design. I like it but it is hard to say he is the best for HL.

• Valued Contributor
On 11/25/2023 at 10:31 AM, duchaine said:

I really like his works, but the hairline design is straight, no curvatures. It is an unnatural design. I like it but it is hard to say he is the best for HL.

Oh that's a subjective thing ...i feel he is creating good hairlines...i find it to be very natural...don't know which case you have seen him doing the straight ones as usually he is doing the most irregular and curvaceous ones and that's why he is specifically known for his hairline work

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023