Dr. Mwamba | 3703 grafts (FUE) | April 18-20 | Brussels, BE

• 2 weeks later...

Looks amazing! Currently I'm in the process of the doubt of going for Bisanga or Mwamba, after being on oral min and fin for some time.. This post me more confidence that choosing Mwamba could be a great choice! 

Edited by SilverHair

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 4:09 AM, Pukimay said:

any finasteride intake so far? how much dosage you use daily mate? cheers

I take 1 ug per day -- that's been steady since the beginning.

Here's a 10 month update. No major changes. Taken inside but from the sunroom with natural light.

Hair in front is getting super curly, which is much different that what it was like before. I like the change though, although it was very unexpected.

Reception has been universally positive. Can't say I would change much about the outcomes here. For 3700 grafts with my initial level of loss + decision to split it up into two procedures, this has exceeded my expectations. 

I am in no rush to go back for another transplant, but will likely get a touch up at some point in the future. I'll post a one year pic and video in April to document the full results!

20240221_112736.jpg

20240221_112746.jpg

20240221_112803.jpg

20240221_112828.jpg

20240221_112833.jpg

20240221_112839.jpg

20240221_113319.jpg

20240221_113444.jpg

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hey all! I owe you an update. It's been 14 months now since my surgery with Dr. Mwamba and I am super happy with the final outcome.

I put some updated pics below (sorry for the upside down ones - will fix later) showing hairline  sides, coverage, and donor. Let me know what you think and happy to answer any questions!

20240621_210928.jpg

20240621_210931.jpg

20240621_210940.jpg

20240621_210949.jpg

20240621_211040.jpg

20240621_211130.jpg

Edited by Al - Moderator
Corrected 2 upside down pictures

• Moderators

I fixed the two upside down pics for you. Your hair is looking fabulous.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 6/21/2024 at 8:13 PM, DutchHair said:

Hey all! I owe you an update. It's been 14 months now since my surgery with Dr. Mwamba and I am super happy with the final outcome.

I put some updated pics below (sorry for the upside down ones - will fix later) showing hairline  sides, coverage, and donor. Let me know what you think and happy to answer any questions!

20240621_210928.jpg

20240621_210931.jpg

20240621_210940.jpg

20240621_210949.jpg

20240621_211040.jpg

20240621_211130.jpg

Wow this is an amazing result congrats Dutch hair you must be over the moon with that :)

I wanted to ask whilst reading the pre surgery write up you stated that Dr Mwamba did an initial (100 grafts for a small "test area") I assuming it was taken from the donor at the back of your head? could you tell me what this test was for? as never heard of that before. Thanks

2 hours ago, ocean said:

Wow this is an amazing result congrats Dutch hair you must be over the moon with that :)

I wanted to ask whilst reading the pre surgery write up you stated that Dr Mwamba did an initial (100 grafts for a small "test area") I assuming it was taken from the donor at the back of your head? could you tell me what this test was for? as never heard of that before. Thanks

Thank you! 

The test area was for a couple reasons:

- I have a medical history, including some bleeding issues, so they wanted to make sure there were no issues with anesthesia, bleeding, etc. before proceeding with the full surgery.

- They wanted to get a better look at my graft quality and hair type before doing the full surgery, to help with planning purposes. 

After the first couple grafts, they saw there were going to be no issues so they pumped out a hundred or so and then OK'd the rest of the surgery.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 10:48 PM, DutchHair said:

Thank you! 

The test area was for a couple reasons:

- I have a medical history, including some bleeding issues, so they wanted to make sure there were no issues with anesthesia, bleeding, etc. before proceeding with the full surgery.

- They wanted to get a better look at my graft quality and hair type before doing the full surgery, to help with planning purposes. 

After the first couple grafts, they saw there were going to be no issues so they pumped out a hundred or so and then OK'd the rest of the surgery.

I understand thanks for explaining that Dutch hair👍🏼

Hi thanks for sharing how has the result been after a year?

I wanted to ask advice on waiting list times with Dr Mwamba for his clinic in Brussels? Does he still do 50% extractions or can you ask him to do more and how much of the incisions does he do? The reason I ask is I had a bad experience somewhere else where there was a fairly new young doctor at a reputable clinic which I don't want to mention. He did most of the extractions and I feel he went in too deep and was really slow at extracting as the back of my scalp was itching for months afterwards and haven't had much grow in my recipient area the front hair line. This was actually a touch up as well so it looks like I will have to look at going somewhere else and I have seen good results and care with Dr Mwamba.

Does anyone also know if he implants in between hairs without shaving down? I will probably only need around 150 grafts or so as its my right side mainly that needs a touch up and I just can't go through the process for the third time of shaving my hair down.

Ideally I would like him to also do more than 50% of the incisions as I have lost confidence in less experienced surgeons.

Would appreciate advice before I make contact.