Dr. Felipe Pittella FUE Transplant 10.5k grafts

2 hours ago, Digs49 said:

Thanks @Gatsby. Like Melvin, you’ve been an incredible mentor to this community. You had a complete transformation and pay it forward to others.

For those that are on the fence, feel free to reach out anytime. I’m more than willing to talk you through the process, of all phases, that I experienced. I wish I had known about Pittella sooner and had done this sooner.

Curious if you have any scalp or beard grafts left if you needed another surgery ever.

On 6/15/2024 at 3:51 PM, Digs49 said:

@Fox243 When I was in Brazil for my surgery, I told Dr Pittella that I was comfortable with a thinner crown area in order to have a nicer hairline and mid section. Given the balding level I was at before surgery, I assessed that even with 10.5k grafts, I would need to sacrifice somewhere (even if just a little).  

I really appreciate your confidence.  You recognized that you had to sacrifice somewhere.  And, you and the doctor discussed a plan clearly.  It's no surprise you got the results you envisioned.  Great job.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

This is an excellent result...totally changed person...enjoy your new hair...happy for you brother...

Its good that you had realistic expectations and that's why you are happy...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Posted (edited)
On 12/9/2023 at 5:09 AM, Digs49 said:

>>>>Thanks again for the message and totally love when I grow my beard out and don’t have to trim my neck anymore!

Diggs, I honestly thought no beard grafts were used - until I re-read your post.  I literally can't tell where they are based on your pics.  

Edited by Approach
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Approach said:

Diggs, I honestly thought no beard grafts were used.  I literally can't tell where they are - based on your pics.  About how many beard grafts did he harvest??

He used 7000 scalp and 3500 beard

Looking at the post op pics, I find it remarkable how many grafts he harvested from sides of head -- then a few months later you can't even tell.  The sides of head still appear full of hair.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 6/18/2024 at 4:42 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Here's where expectations make all the difference. 10.5k grafts is a lot, but still not enough to cover the entire crown, which dipped down in a coronet pattern. Before getting surgery, you need to accept that not every single part of your scalp will be covered perfectly. Realistically, a Norwood 6/7 requires around 15K grafts to cover the entire scalp with adequate density, and this number is dependent on the shape and size of the scalp.

This exactly. As a NW 7 myself, just doing the math on how large my area is I know I'd need over 15,000 just to get 40 grafts per cm. That's not going to happen. While 10,500 grafts sounds like a lot, and it is, the amount of grafts you need all depends on how much area you have to cover. If you are a NW 6 or above, you need to understand that you will have to sacrifice somewhere, either getting a higher hairline than you would like, less density everywhere, or a thinner crown than you'd like. If you can accept this then you'll be fine.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
On 6/14/2024 at 12:39 PM, Digs49 said:

Hey HRN Community! Apologies for the late update but here are some photos from 13 months post op (I took most this morning after combing it down and the other photo is from me going out one night and styling it). I am still on oral minox and finasteride; I use normal shampoo & conditioner. It’s been an amazing journey. I've had people who didn’t know me before the surgery that say I have great hair for nearly 40 years old. For those that knew me before, they’re amazed by the transformation. My confidence hasn’t been this high in over 20 years and I owe thanks to those in this community that helped along the way (namely @Melvin- Admin ). 

I owe the greatest thanks to @Dr. Felipe Pittella. He changed my life and is consistently doing that for so many others. He is the best of the best and I would recommend him to anyone seeking restoration. 

IMG_0702.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

IMG_0706.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

Your pictures look great. This is almost exactly what I'm hoping to eventually get to (not with Dr Pittella). You have an almost full front half with a thinning crown, but still enough in the crown to comb and provide some coverage so that you aren't bald. If I can get to this I'd be thrilled.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.