Dr Resul Yaman | 4550 Grafts | September 2023 | Instanbul Turkey

LikeAJungle

I hope things work out for you OP and you do better research for the next one. But 4500 grafts in one day is a bit too much and a red flag. That's like 500+ grafts extraction and implantation in an hour on an average. Quality work takes time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jayhair said:

How come the tone of Yaman change 6 months ago to now. When i joined and read only see great reviews of his work.

His staff? 

It is a typical trajectory of clinics that are heavily tech dependent, multiple procedures a day and scaling up. 

32 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

Yaman has been doing this in a long time. At least they should give a warning to the poor people who want to do it right but decide to choose him because of ignorant and trusting the recommended list. a warning like: higher probably to get a below average or bad result with him than the other doctors.

True. digi23's thread about his operation with Yaman is a paradigmatic case and should serve as a red flag for anyone thinking about going with him. But as RTC once said, the house always wins..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Jayhair said:

How come the tone of Yaman change 6 months ago to now. When i joined and read only see great reviews of his work.

His staff? 

He done my incision (most important part) How much does aftercare play a part to this, amount of sun exposure, diet finasteride, minoxidil etc 

Dr yaman is a great surgeon. If you search on Dr Yaman results, you will see that most of his results are good ones and he has many positive reviews and most of his patients are satisfied with their results.

The fact that some specific members are trying to attack and sabotage his work with every chance doesnt say anything. 

I think @Al - Moderator and @Melvin- Admin should have a look at some members here who are trying to spread fake news and attack dr yaman with every chance,

Edited by Jupiter_

2 hours ago, Jupiter_ said:

Dr yaman is a great surgeon. If you search on Dr Yaman results, you will see that most of his results are good ones and he has many positive reviews and most of his patients are satisfied with their results.

The fact that some specific members are trying to attack and sabotage his work with every chance doesnt say anything. 

I think @Al - Moderator and @Melvin- Admin should have a look at some members here who are trying to spread fake news and attack dr yaman with every chance,

I have no doubt if Dr Yaman did each step of the surgery himself it would be a great result. From the volume of cases it’s evident multiple surgeries a day take place at his clinic, so naturally the amount of tech involvement increases. 

Unfortunately over the last 12 months there been a number of sub par results in my opinion (others may have differing opinions). As a forum and community we have a duty to point out trends and give constructive feedback. It’s so easy to go, great result etc but people seem to shy away when the result isn’t perhaps what’s expected. 

It’s not fake news. Each case here is independent and open to judgment. What I deem good or bad may not be what others do, but I can have an opinion. These surgeries can alter for good and bad the trajectory of a persons life after all. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

I have no doubt if Dr Yaman did each step of the surgery himself it would be a great result. From the volume of cases it’s evident multiple surgeries a day take place at his clinic, so naturally the amount of tech involvement increases. 

Unfortunately over the last 12 months there been a number of sub par results in my opinion (others may have differing opinions). As a forum and community we have a duty to point out trends and give constructive feedback. It’s so easy to go, great result etc but people seem to shy away when the result isn’t perhaps what’s expected. 

It’s not fake news. Each case here is independent and open to judgment. What I deem good or bad may not be what others do, but I can have an opinion. These surgeries can alter for good and bad the trajectory of a persons life after all. 

Most doctors do not do the whole procedure by themselves and they use techs for some parts, so thats not different with dr yaman. In eugenix clinic doctors do mostly the incisions, while extractions and implantation is done by techs like dr yaman.

There's no evidence that he does multiple surgeries per day, in fact many patients said that there 2-3 patients max in total.

Over the last 12 months i have seen positive results from dr yaman, while some reults may not look perfect depending on the difficulty of each case. We cant expect perfect coverage to patients with higher norwood cases with just one procedure. 

Edited by Jupiter_

Looking at your old progress pics things were looking good and you appeared happy enough but unfortunately you can see that many grafts didnt survive particularly in the mid scalp. 4500 grafts was a lot of grafts for your case and using up most of your donor area for your level of balding was not needed. I think Dr Yaman owes you an explanation of the reason for this low survival rate. I am myself 3.5 months post surgery with Yaman and getting worried myself as I still look worse than I did pretransplant.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jupiter_ said:

Most doctors do not do the whole procedure by themselves and they use techs for some parts, so thats not different with dr yaman. In eugenix clinic doctors do mostly the incisions, while extractions and implantation is done by techs like dr yaman.

There's no evidence that he does multiple surgeries per day, in fact many patients said that there 2-3 patients max in total.

Over the last 12 months i have seen positive results from dr yaman, while some reults may not look perfect depending on the difficulty of each case. We cant expect perfect coverage to patients with higher norwood cases with just one procedure. 

There’s no issue with techs doing parts of the procedure. My point is that as you quickly expand you employ more techs and perhaps the quality control on them drops. Same happened a few years back with another well known Turkish clinic. 

2-3 is multiple surgeries. When you are looking at 4-5000 grafts per procedure. That’s a huge amount in just 1 day to oversee.

Pictures speak for themselves anyway, People can make their own judgment. I guess it’s up to surgeons about how they react to constructive input and if they are happy with perceptions of their work. In the end results are what drives business.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 3:26 AM, Eli_Avdikian said:

On a side note, Yaman, and another forum recommended turkish doctor, always have a very low yield, with an ultra high number of singles and barerly any multiples, which kind of suggests that some form of graft splitting is taking place.

Not true.  Using the word “always” as a way to describe the work you think is bad doesn’t make much sense.

i went to yaman in Feb of this year and my result is coming in great. A lot of people don’t take the meds or follow the routines recommended and then they’re shocked the rest of their hair falls out.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Shawnintheusa said:

Not true.  Using the word “always” as a way to describe the work you think is bad doesn’t make much sense.

i went to yaman in Feb of this year and my result is coming in great. A lot of people don’t take the meds or follow the routines recommended and then they’re shocked the rest of their hair falls out.

I was making a specific comment about the issue of the low number of hairs per graft. It's not a description of the work in general. But you decided to read it this way to make an irrelevant point.. 
Plus blaming patients for subpar results is very dishonest 

Edited by Eli_Avdikian

Posted (edited)

You are super defensive, especially considering you are not a patient of the doctor or had a botched surgery by him. I hope you get outside today and breathe some fresh air.

patients have a responsibility once the surgery is done to follow post-op instructions and to take the recommended medicines. If they don’t, then they can’t blame the doctor completely. 

You have commented more on this post than the OP.  I am starting to agree with the previous posters who say you have an agenda.  You focus a lot on this doctor, very weird of you.

Edited by Shawnintheusa
  • Like 1
  • Face Palm 1

12 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

Every hair transplant is going to look thin if you purposely comb and part the hair to try to make it look bad. A hair transplant doesn't give you full density, especially not in just one pass. It usually takes at least two sessions to get the density most people are happy with. You can't take some hair from one area and put it into a bald area and expect to magically have full density in both areas. You won't end up with more hair than you started with. You are just spreading the hair that you have in the donor area around to cover a larger area. It's simple math that it's all going to be thinner than what your full density once was.

I understood from the start, I wasn't going to get my full youthful density. The picture was posted in reply to @Jayhair (shown above top of the page 4) as he asked for me to comb to one side to check progress of density and scalp. Getting 4550 grafts and only that to show for it though... It's disappointing. Like, how many survived? Even Dr Yaman is surprised. I got a text today and Dr Yaman wants to talk to me tomorrow with also the offer of fixing it. So there is acknowledgment that there is a problem. 

I don't drink. I don't smoke. I do like to believe I eat healthy. I've been on finasteride everyday since the transplant. 

5 hours ago, Lengsson said:

Looking at your old progress pics things were looking good and you appeared happy enough but unfortunately you can see that many grafts didnt survive particularly in the mid scalp. 4500 grafts was a lot of grafts for your case and using up most of your donor area for your level of balding was not needed. I think Dr Yaman owes you an explanation of the reason for this low survival rate. I am myself 3.5 months post surgery with Yaman and getting worried myself as I still look worse than I did pretransplant.  

When I decided to get the hair transplant, I had mentally prepared for 'what's the worst case scenario?'. Fortunately this wasn't. I am still happy I went and got the transplant done. I do feel more confident outside. I am happy with the service of Dr Yaman, Doga and the techs. They were all wonderful and kind.

My new hairline is good enough and my hair naturally falls in a way where it hides the bald patches quite easily. Before the transplant, I had to constantly use hair products to manipulate the hair and hide the discomforts. 

I've been (trying) taking pictures everyday after the transplant and I'll compile a week by week photo from the transplant to today. Unfortunately it's only from the front so you can't see the hazard zone at the top of my head and scalp. 

Posted (edited)

Here is a 10 month timelapse of my hair growth. These are taken roughly a week apart and goes from the day I arrived back home from Istanbul (September 2023) to today. 

weekbyweek.thumb.jpg.67b925a9277390d2bb162aefd69c0437.jpg

Edited by LikeAJungle
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

Hey man I think it looks good just a shame you have to brush your hair forward to conceal the thinness in the mid scalp. We should be expecting much more from a hair transplant. If you were a high Norwood level pre op then obviously this is a great result but you should have expected more. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

From the 10 month timelapse of your hair growth it looks great from the front and there is big difference compared to pre op and no one can tell that you have hairloss seeing you from the front which is the most important part and gives you illusion of density.
If you add some density to midsclap with a second surgery, it will look fuller to the back too.

Edited by BaldGuy
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The 1 Year Update

It's finally a year now since I've had my transplant with Dr Yaman. While I'm not overly amazed by my result, it's definitely an improvement and I feel much better than I did a year ago. The yield could've been better imo but you can tell me what you think. I'm still using finasteride.

1yfrontt.png.0a54484a72b264e4d540becc5a8b1d25.png

1yrightt.png.80c0d4e3b35ace4826398f1bd4718280.png

1yleftt.png.30b0740b581232ddce19298321c184d5.png

1yback.png.ea1d40b1b65a6a32bdccfd8d5001f596.png

1ybacktop.png.de695086cd8544942573d0a7fb0e69ad.png

1yfronttop.png.4909094e262d55fb758debd66af7c183.png

The crown I'm not too fussed about. I knew that area would not improve by much. The front is where I'm more disappointed with. The hairline has been quite successful so hiding the front is now much easier than a year ago. 

This is how it looks when wet.

1yfronttopwet.png.5caf236560f7de35e54cf0692cc7782d.png

1yfronttopwett.png.fb7a55e000758068f303ff09f03d52d8.png

This is how it looks towel dry. 

1yfronttowel.png.eecb4ef3dbdba1e28072a50a53273e55.png

And this is how it looks blow dried. 

1yfrontblowdry.png.2540b7c8ec260dc74048de65b0b65d04.png

A close up view of the front

IMG_20240914_001956.thumb.jpg.799fe23d87c646debabd2147bc3983ab.jpg

IMG_20240914_002002.thumb.jpg.19520bb79028ec2dc20fd9c8e3a4722f.jpg

IMG_20240914_002007.thumb.jpg.fafa90550d362079b34756cb1c9201dc.jpg

IMG_20240914_002011.thumb.jpg.0cda2dec4538fef6b1742ffe469456b5.jpg

1yfront2t.png.2ecfbc7135c9e896a721bfdaf729bb14.png

These pictures are all taken the same day. 

Am on my 8th month and started using minoxidil 1 month ago and my results look similar to yours from the top is still sparse

My hair from the front curls up , normally its hair grows forward (not major issue). Remember you were going to have a video call with the Dr, was that after a year of surgery or your had it already?

You see any baby hairs growing at least, some say it can take 18 months.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LikeAJungle said:

1yfronttopwet.png.5caf236560f7de35e54cf0692cc7782d.png

1yfronttopwett.png.fb7a55e000758068f303ff09f03d52d8.png

This is how it looks towel dry. 

1yfronttowel.png.eecb4ef3dbdba1e28072a50a53273e55.png

And this is how it looks blow dried. 

1yfrontblowdry.png.2540b7c8ec260dc74048de65b0b65d04.png

A close up view of the front

IMG_20240914_001956.thumb.jpg.799fe23d87c646debabd2147bc3983ab.jpg

IMG_20240914_002002.thumb.jpg.19520bb79028ec2dc20fd9c8e3a4722f.jpg

IMG_20240914_002007.thumb.jpg.fafa90550d362079b34756cb1c9201dc.jpg

IMG_20240914_002011.thumb.jpg.0cda2dec4538fef6b1742ffe469456b5.jpg

1yfront2t.png.2ecfbc7135c9e896a721bfdaf729bb14.png

These pictures are all taken the same day. 

I would definity not been happy with this result and honestly I don't expect much from Yaman either. Find another doctor that can give you decent density

• Like 1

Thats a great outcome mate. You have got good coverage and a pretty good hairline. Dr Yaman has shown great skills, and he is definitely one of the best choices in Turkey. You did a great choice!

Edited by Reina
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

I would definity not been happy with this result and honestly I don't expect much from Yaman either. Find another doctor that can give you decent density

How does one Dr gives great density? Never understood it properly, many DR extracting over 4k in graft and just plant it in, how do we know grafts survived, we can't count and when washing the scabs off been told its normal it falls out the and grafts are secure what's fallen is just the hair follicles. past 2 months i need seen much improvement from a naked eye but read from varies sources 6 month is when its settled and we would see continue growth up to 12 or even 18th month.

• Like 1

I think OP is right to be disappointed with this result. I know for a fact, (because I also went to Yaman) that they give you a 'guarantee' that they would cover a second surgery if less than 90% of the grafts implanted don't grow. According to them this means that anything less than a 90% growth rate is deemed a failure, which in OP's case it is. Now I would definitely recommend NOT going back to Yaman for a second operation, however I am interested to know the reasons for this low yield and whether they will offer you any compensation. 

It is unfortunate that OP has to wear his hair a certain way to disguise any thinning especially after getting 4550 grafts. This amount of grafts should have given sufficient density. A major red flag is a clinic doing 4550 grafts in one sitting. There are very few elite clinics in the world that can do it successfully and it is unethical for a budget clinic to even attempt it. 

There have been many cases of substandard practices and poor results coming lately from Dr Yaman that I think the moderators of this forum need to seriously look into.  

• Like 3

Is OP's result decent when compared to pre-op pics? It defintely is, no sane person can deny that. But when we take into account the number of grafts implanted (4550 grafts !), then his hair undoubtedly looks thin in certain areas, and both density and coverage are a bit lacking

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

Is OP's result decent when compared to pre-op pics? It defintely is, no sane person can deny that. But when we take into account the number of grafts implanted (4550 grafts !), then his hair undoubtedly looks thin in certain areas, and both density and coverage are a bit lacking

I agree. OP could have had the same result using half of those 4550 grafts. My assumption for OP's poor yield (and for my own poor yield also) is that the transection rate during extraction is high and that the grafts are not being handled carefully / properly. When you consider that the clinic employs very young technicians to carry out the work then its not surprising. 

• Like 1