Dr Resul Yaman | 4550 Grafts | September 2023 | Instanbul Turkey

LikeAJungle

This result looks good and as it was supposed to look with those grafts on that huge area.This is a norwood5-6 patient and for full coverage he would need more than 7000-8000 grafts.
We have to understand that hair transplants are an a illusion of density and no one can achieve native hair density unless he implants 12.000 grafts. That doesnt mean that the result is not good.
His procedure was succeful and his survival rate was high and this is the result that he should get. He can always do a touch up procedure to add some density if you wants but it looks pretty good now anyways. 

Edited by Miller1980
  • Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Lengsson said:

I agree. OP could have had the same result using half of those 4550 grafts. My assumption for OP's poor yield (and for my own poor yield also) is that the transection rate during extraction is high and that the grafts are not being handled carefully / properly. When you consider that the clinic employs very young technicians to carry out the work then its not surprising. 

Are you a patient of Dr. Yaman, if so please pm me your name and date of surgery to confirm. You’re making some pretty heavy claims, we want to ensure it’s coming from a patient and not a random anonymous user on the forum. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

The results look good. Hairline could use some more density, but no way would I call this a failure.

29DEEE13-B28E-45F6-AB6D-C0A3F1661A6B.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

24 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Are you a patient of Dr. Yaman, if so please pm me your name and date of surgery to confirm. You’re making some pretty heavy claims, we want to ensure it’s coming from a patient and not a random anonymous user on the forum. 

Yes I am. I just PM'd you evidence. I will be planning my own review / thread soon. 

4 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

The results look good. Hairline could use some more density, but no way would I call this a failure.

Horrible comparison, Dr Yaman 'split' my hair during that photo (left). That's why I included the wet hair picture so you could see that the bald parts are still... Pretty bald. Patchy at best.

1ybacktopedit.png.2ce2232a42154552c927ac0409eb2639.png

But don't take my word for it. From the horse's mouth.

Screenshotwhatsapp.thumb.jpg.a60ff64dd67dff3ea420789b810f2f50.jpg

8 hours ago, Lengsson said:

I think OP is right to be disappointed with this result. I know for a fact, (because I also went to Yaman) that they give you a 'guarantee' that they would cover a second surgery if less than 90% of the grafts implanted don't grow. According to them this means that anything less than a 90% growth rate is deemed a failure, which in OP's case it is. Now I would definitely recommend NOT going back to Yaman for a second operation, however I am interested to know the reasons for this low yield and whether they will offer you any compensation. 

It is unfortunate that OP has to wear his hair a certain way to disguise any thinning especially after getting 4550 grafts. This amount of grafts should have given sufficient density. A major red flag is a clinic doing 4550 grafts in one sitting. There are very few elite clinics in the world that can do it successfully and it is unethical for a budget clinic to even attempt it. 

There have been many cases of substandard practices and poor results coming lately from Dr Yaman that I think the moderators of this forum need to seriously look into.  

No compensation mate. It's full price 9_9  I'm also interested in the low yield. That's what bothers me the most.

This is how I would used to hide my hair. Most people don't notice. We're now at a year and I'm still doing the same. Just with less effort this time as there's marginally more hair. 

00initialcomparison.thumb.png.5166feb2c01c0f7ab8f1ca4f1593aa51.png

21 minutes ago, LikeAJungle said:

Horrible comparison, Dr Yaman 'split' my hair during that photo (left). That's why I included the wet hair picture so you could see that the bald parts are still... Pretty bald. Patchy at best.

No compensation mate. It's full price 9_9  I'm also interested in the low yield. That's what bothers me the most.

This is how I would used to hide my hair. Most people don't notice. We're now at a year and I'm still doing the same. Just with less effort this time as there's marginally more hair. 

So they want you to come back for a second OP and charge you full price again? Lol. 

Will you consider a second surgery? The problem with doing it so soon is you don't know much more hair you will continue to lose down the line and now after having a mega session you basically have one more shot at it before the donor runs out. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Miller1980 said:

This result looks good and as it was supposed to look with those grafts on that huge area.This is a norwood5-6 patient and for full coverage he would need more than 7000-8000 grafts.
We have to understand that hair transplants are an a illusion of density and no one can achieve native hair density unless he implants 12.000 grafts. That doesnt mean that the result is not good.
His procedure was succeful and his survival rate was high and this is the result that he should get. He can always do a touch up procedure to add some density if you wants but it looks pretty good now anyways. 

I beg to differ. @LikeAJungle cannot in any way, shape, or form be considered a Norwood 6. The 7000-8000 grafts you mention seem to be exagerated for the extent of hair loss he has. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LikeAJungle said:

Sorry to hear you aren’t happy. 

It may be a good idea to consult with other surgeons to see what their next steps would be and get expert opinion on your first surgery outcome. 

• Like 1

I cannot agree more. This comparison is very misleading, if not dishonest. Just for reference, your hair before the surgery looked liks this when styled in a "presentable" way :

image.png.7aaf1ef0400ed7e1288558e707895b95.png

16 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I don't see why these are heavy claims. @Lengsson was speculating that the poor yield might have resulted from a high transection rate. He explicitly said it's an "assumption", he wasn't claiming anything. Plus we all know that technicians do a big share of the work, so there's no need to be a patient to know that, or to doubt the Lengsson is an actual Yaman patient

• Like 1

Yaman's graft survival is consistently low, possibly around 50%, in many cases. OP had 4550 grafts used while many other doctors would have achieved a far superior result with just 3000 grafts. And Yaman will not even offer a free touchup! 

I do not think people should choose Yaman and I do not believe he should be on the recommended doctors list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

I beg to differ. @LikeAJungle cannot in any way, shape, or form be considered a Norwood 6. The 7000-8000 grafts you mention seem to be exagerated for the extent of hair loss he has. 

No he needs 7000-8000 grafts for full coverage. Check Dr Pittella's cases to see that he uses this number of grafts for these norwood patients.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Stoner said:

Yaman's graft survival is consistently low, possibly around 50%, in many cases. OP had 4550 grafts used while many other doctors would have achieved a far superior result with just 3000 grafts. And Yaman will not even offer a free touchup! 

I do not think people should choose Yaman and I do not believe he should be on the recommended doctors list.

the survival rate here is pretty good. Thats the result he should get for this big area. Other doctors like dr pittella would have used at least 8000 grafts for this case. 

18 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I agree the result looks pretty good with good survival rate of grafts and there is much before after difference. We have to understand that hair translants are an illusion of density and we cant achieve native hair density.

Here is the before after change...as we can see he didnt even have a hairline before.

image(11).jpg.2fab72b5fbb8786aa58591f3f2152a0b.jpg

Edited by Miller1980
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miller1980 said:

I agree the result looks pretty good with good survival rate of grafts and there is much before after difference. We have to understand that hair translants are an illusion of density and we cant achieve native hair density.

Here is the before after change...as we can see he didnt even have a hairline before.

image(11).jpg.2fab72b5fbb8786aa58591f3f2152a0b.jpg

If you take another angle of the hairline which has been presented it looks a lot different. Certainly not the hairline what you’d expect from a 4500+ graft yield. 

IMG_8939.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

If you take another angle of the hairline which has been presented it looks a lot different. Certainly not the hairline what you’d expect from a 4500+ graft yield. 

IMG_8939.jpeg

4500 grafts had been implanted in all of his recipient area, not in the hairline.
As you can see on this photo grafts were distributed in a big area.

04front.png.a32b00be16fa03309c6f702e0cf4b85a.thumb.png.eb362667dff1219bc41455bd619b6dc6.png

On this photo that you have attached the hairs are seperated in a way to show gaps. Any hair transplant result is not supposed to look full when the hairs are seperated to a direct light.

In normal conditions the hairline looks pretty good. He didnt even have a hairline before.

Thats the result that he should get with 4500 grafts in this big recipient area.

image (12).jpg

Edited by Miller1980
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Miller1980 said:

4500 grafts had been implanted in all of his recipient area, not in the hairline.
As you can see on this photo grafts were distributed in a big area.

04front.png.a32b00be16fa03309c6f702e0cf4b85a.thumb.png.eb362667dff1219bc41455bd619b6dc6.png

On this photo that you have attached the hairs are seperated in a way to show gaps. Any hair transplant result is not supposed to look full when the hairs are seperated to a direct light.

In normal conditions the hairline looks pretty good. He didnt even have a hairline before.

Thats the result that he should get with 4500 grafts in this big recipient area.

image (12).jpg

I’m not getting into a back and forth again over this surgeon. There’s enough cases out there for people to make their own judgment now.

• Like 5

• Administrators
19 hours ago, LikeAJungle said:

Thanks for the additional angle. Is this lower angle with your hair spread apart. Have you communicated your dissatisfaction with the surgeon? Pm me your name and date of surgery so I can reach out to Dr. Yaman for his response.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Moderators

This patient was at least a NW 5. I think he got an OK result for the number of grafts. It's not full density, but it rarely is after one procedure. We constantly say you shouldn't go into a hair transplant expecting a one and done. Most people will need a 2nd session to add density to get where they want to be. Even many of Zarev and Pittella patients go back for another HT to fill in areas.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 9/16/2024 at 9:35 PM, Lengsson said:

So they want you to come back for a second OP and charge you full price again? Lol. 

Will you consider a second surgery? The problem with doing it so soon is you don't know much more hair you will continue to lose down the line and now after having a mega session you basically have one more shot at it before the donor runs out. 

My final result wasn't so bad to the point that I would consider to seek an additional session. Not at this point anyway. I think my donor has healed really well tbh, I'm definitely able to go through another session if I wanted to.

What really saved this from an absolute fail to somewhat agreeable is the hairline. 

posthairline1.thumb.png.cf2a5987a9b498c84a9850b0fdebe7e2.png

I'll outline it here.

posthairline2.thumb.png.f1a7c2b84ef6adec057dec5b61d4a5fb.png

This makes hiding everything easier and I won't have to worry about the wind as much anymore. On an average day after work I can look like this.

image.png.68d6e375363a1eb2c2e28fc049dfc5d3.png

You can see the gaps here.

1ypostfront2.png.b4fad0ddff361d0b9f648094b56fa938.png

And that's because the top of my head.... 

1ypostdown2.png.58223f0405dcdd443e41dac23ac57264.png

1ypostdown.png.4379e0317269f209faf250443f23524c.png

There's slightly more hair on the highlight circles here pre-op and of course the hairline. 

00initial2.png.0086d395f86debfdb5a05e1cc0add685.png

There's not much difference other than that and even Dr Yaman from screenshot message (previous page) has mentioned that 'it was not the result he wanted to achieve' and 'a second operation to fix that'. Key word here, "FIX". There's acknowledgment that I should've had more yield and more density than I currently have right now. 

On 9/17/2024 at 4:13 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Thanks for the additional angle. Is this lower angle with your hair spread apart. Have you communicated your dissatisfaction with the surgeon? Pm me your name and date of surgery so I can reach out to Dr. Yaman for his response.

The picture in the consultation room (left) was spread apart. The one on the right is not spread apart. I gave my pictures to Dr Yaman and he's already provided a response from his message on the screenshot earlier. Unless he wants to elaborate further, he's a member on this forum anyway. 

On 9/17/2024 at 4:24 PM, Al - Moderator said:

This patient was at least a NW 5. I think he got an OK result for the number of grafts. It's not full density, but it rarely is after one procedure. We constantly say you shouldn't go into a hair transplant expecting a one and done. Most people will need a 2nd session to add density to get where they want to be. Even many of Zarev and Pittella patients go back for another HT to fill in areas.

I already mentioned back in July in reply to your post. I wasn't expecting full youthful density. 

dog-hair.gif.d16b1975ea0c7fabd17365f8660c91e9.gif

I also however, was not expecting such lower than expected yield which again as I said back in July, even Dr Yaman was surprised at the low yield count which we followed with a video call afterwards and to wait out till the year. Nobody said I getting a one and done lion's mane on my head. 

I understand if I am ever gonna achieve that strong density, I know I will need at least 2 sessions. This one was just not as expected as was discussed with Dr Yaman and Doga when we were at the consultation room together. 

Screenshotwhatsapp.thumb.jpg.ccdca430ce3ef27cf226f3b029558527.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, LikeAJungle said:

My final result wasn't so bad to the point that I would consider to seek an additional session. Not at this point anyway. I think my donor has healed really well tbh, I'm definitely able to go through another session if I wanted to.

What really saved this from an absolute fail to somewhat agreeable is the hairline. 

posthairline1.thumb.png.cf2a5987a9b498c84a9850b0fdebe7e2.png

I'll outline it here.

posthairline2.thumb.png.f1a7c2b84ef6adec057dec5b61d4a5fb.png

This makes hiding everything easier and I won't have to worry about the wind as much anymore. On an average day after work I can look like this.

image.png.68d6e375363a1eb2c2e28fc049dfc5d3.png

You can see the gaps here.

1ypostfront2.png.b4fad0ddff361d0b9f648094b56fa938.png

And that's because the top of my head.... 

1ypostdown2.png.58223f0405dcdd443e41dac23ac57264.png

1ypostdown.png.4379e0317269f209faf250443f23524c.png

There's slightly more hair on the highlight circles here pre-op and of course the hairline. 

00initial2.png.0086d395f86debfdb5a05e1cc0add685.png

There's not much difference other than that and even Dr Yaman from screenshot message (previous page) has mentioned that 'it was not the result he wanted to achieve' and 'a second operation to fix that'. Key word here, "FIX". There's acknowledgment that I should've had more yield and more density than I currently have right now. 

The picture in the consultation room (left) was spread apart. The one on the right is not spread apart. I gave my pictures to Dr Yaman and he's already provided a response from his message on the screenshot earlier. Unless he wants to elaborate further, he's a member on this forum anyway. 

I already mentioned back in July in reply to your post. I wasn't expecting full youthful density. 

dog-hair.gif.d16b1975ea0c7fabd17365f8660c91e9.gif

I also however, was not expecting such lower than expected yield which again as I said back in July, even Dr Yaman was surprised at the low yield count which we followed with a video call afterwards and to wait out till the year. Nobody said I getting a one and done lion's mane on my head. 

I understand if I am ever gonna achieve that strong density, I know I will need at least 2 sessions. This one was just not as expected as was discussed with Dr Yaman and Doga when we were at the consultation room together. 

Screenshotwhatsapp.thumb.jpg.ccdca430ce3ef27cf226f3b029558527.jpg

He shouldn't be charging to fix the issue if he agrees it is not what they expected. Please send me your name via DM so I can contact him. 

• Like 1

View my thread