November 2023 Eugenix Transplant with Dr. Bansal

IceBergg

37 minutes ago, maintaining said:

@IceBergg how’re the sparse donor areas?  did they come back?

It’s honestly hard to tell now that my hair has grown out longer. It looks good now and I always envisioned rocking a longer hairstyle so idk when I’ll cut it super short to tell for sure. 

• 4 weeks later...

9 month update:

Hello everyone! 9 months rolled around so time for another update. To me there doesn’t seem to be much of a change since month 7 (I think the longer hair gives an illusion of improved density). I have taken the usual photos but added one of my hairline in direct sunlight after I finished working out (hairline looks thin when wet/ in direct sunlight). I also included a photo of how my hair looks flattened straight down. 

I will continue with these updates to the 12 month mark. 

Thank you, let me know your thoughts!

IMG_5774.jpeg

IMG_5763.jpeg

IMG_5764.jpeg

IMG_5765.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

IMG_5768.jpeg

IMG_5756.jpeg

IMG_5757.jpeg

IMG_5758.jpeg

IMG_5759.jpeg

IMG_5760.jpeg

IMG_5753.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, IceBergg said:

9 month update:

Hello everyone! 9 months rolled around so time for another update. To me there doesn’t seem to be much of a change since month 7 (I think the longer hair gives an illusion of improved density). I have taken the usual photos but added one of my hairline in direct sunlight after I finished working out (hairline looks thin when wet/ in direct sunlight). I also included a photo of how my hair looks flattened straight down. 

I will continue with these updates to the 12 month mark. 

Thank you, let me know your thoughts!

IMG_5765.jpeg

IMG_5768.jpeg

IMG_5753.jpeg

Just curious: @IceBergg
Whan you look at those 3 photos - how satosfied (from 1 to 10) are you?
As for me it is very mediocre .. an average result :(

5 hours ago, chiboy said:

Looks great. 

How do you feel about the crown? I would guess that there would be decent improvements over the next few months!

@chiboy
Is this really looks great to you?

3500 grafts, not such a big area and (look at those 3 photos I chose) those photos
really? 😮

Edited by baldDick666
typos
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

They say that photos taken inside the car gives the most flattering pictures of the hair.... maybe not so much when you have a sun roof lol 😅.  

Edited by Bandit90
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, baldDick666 said:

@chiboy

3500 grafts, not such a big area and (look at those 3 photos I chose) those photos
really? 😮

I would say a 7. You are right it is not the best result I have seen from Eugenix and I did expect a fuller hairline. That being said it is still a great improvement and the decision to get a hair transplant doesn’t keep me up at night. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chiboy said:

Looks great. 

How do you feel about the crown? I would guess that there would be decent improvements over the next few months!

It’s okay.. hairline was my priority going in and not many grafts were spent in the crown. I think the thin crown looks natural/age appropriate. It would only bother me if my crown was slick bald. 

6 minutes ago, IceBergg said:

I would say a 7. You are right it is not the best result I have seen from Eugenix and I did expect a fuller hairline. That being said it is still a great improvement and the decision to get a hair transplant doesn’t keep me up at night. 

One thing I would say with hair transplants as you are probably aware its only an illusion of density. Even if you did a second pass and added more to the hairline (or used more grafts in your first sitting), I still don't think it would survive the aggressive lighting picture in your car. Just one to bear in mind, as you wouldn't want to be throwing good money after bad! Anyone on this forum who has done a HT will probably be able to relate to that car shot... most probably at night when brushing their teeth directly under the bathroom downlight! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, baldDick666 said:

@chiboy

really? 😮

I would say as on other posts you have commented on, have a general look around the forum, as personally this is a great result, this is not a lot of grafts, you look where he started with not much up front and a balding crown, both of them now look easily passable in 90% of life, apart from direct top down lighting which like mentioned no HT will survive

Honestly even for OP to mark this a 7 is harsh, its been a great result when you consider the low amount of grafts and still not to be at the end result, honestly I think this looks superb :)

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, IceBergg said:

I'd actually rate you a 9 or 10, your result looks pretty great to me!  Also, it should fill in substantially in the next few months, I'm a couple months ahead of you (also had Bansal do my procedure but last September).  I noticed a very significant change around months 9-11, more than I actually thought was possible.  Around month 9 I remember thinking "well this is pretty much it" and it got way better after that point.  They do say it takes a full year to see what the end result will be, so I'd say just hang in there.  Either way, you're looking much better, congrats!

Edited by baldforawhile
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'd say your yield overall was pretty good. If you are overall happy that is the most important thing. Some observations I have:

1. They should have evened out your hairline bit more. One side seems to be much lower/more filled in than the other. I like the hairstyle when you wear your hair down, it suits the waviness of your hair and makes you look younger. 
  2. A relatively small touch up procedure to your hairline can fix this, and can improve the density where it looks much fuller in daylight/sunlight.
  3. However, I would recommend you save up and go to Dr. Nadimi or Dr. Konior if you prefer to stay in the Chicago area. Perhaps going to Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Ferreira in Porto, Dr. Muresanu, consider the upper tier doctors in europe. 
  4. Due to how they managed your otherwise good donor area, and the rushed nature of your consultation with Eugenix, plus the unknown nature of who is actually operating on your head, I would not recommend you do your follow up procedure with them. 

The problem is that the hair transplant market, just like any other, is an efficient one. Pricing irregularities will get filled and there will be less and less "deals". It is just a matter of market discovery and with social media and the stigma of hair transplants disappearing, these discoveries have brought to light which surgeons are the best, and their prices and waiting lists reflect that.

The demand for a service, given the limited supply of a surgeon's time, will drive the prices up, given that the surgeon is of good quality. 

However, we must be wary of marketing and do our due diligence as much as possible.

So I strongly recommend, and I know we all have a budget and few are so wealthy that we can go to any surgeon without feeling it financially, to pick out the right surgeon for you for your next procedure and not emphasize price. 

Edited by asterix0
  • Like 3

The new hairline is nicely framing your face in your first picture. The harsh reality of hair transplant can be seen in the last picture with the sun shining on your hair. Please note that all the pictures you have shared except for the first one are in sub-optimal conditions. Hair transplants won't look good with harsh light on hair.

Styling your hair is key here!! 

Don't hurry to the second procedure. Wait until your first hair transplant procedure finishes its first cycle, which is 18 months.

• Like 1

Hey friend, in any case, you Do look great, healthy and younger when your end result is compared to the pics of pre H.T. I don't understand though why some doctors choose to transplant a lower quantity of grafts than needed to acquire perfect density...  is it a matter of dexterity or a matter of having the patient coming back for a second/third H.T. ?  (`_´)ゞ

But I repeat:  you look cool!

20 hours ago, Stewie said:

I would say as on other posts you have commented on, have a general look around the forum, as personally this is a great result, this is not a lot of grafts, you look where he started with not much up front and a balding crown, both of them now look easily passable in 90% of life, apart from direct top down lighting which like mentioned no HT will survive

Honestly even for OP to mark this a 7 is harsh, its been a great result when you consider the low amount of grafts and still not to be at the end result, honestly I think this looks superb :)

@Stewie
Firstly I know what is "great result" and around a year ago i saw your result and when showing it to my wife .. she saw this "gleam in my eyes" ...

And you thread was one of the reasons that led to my decisions later ...

Also I have been follwing topics related to baldness, saw really a great deal of transformations and I really know what I am saying and why Ia m saying sth (and not sth else). So with all respect => please do not underestimate my input here and my opinions :)

I hope this is really enough as for small introduction ;)

So as for the result, even @IceBergg mentioned that "it is ok .. BUT ..."

So there is no point od playing the advocate of the clinic. I hope you got my point.

Small digression:
<start>
I really pissed off hearing people saying (not about this exact case .. but in general) sth like: "it looks better than before"
How should it look? Worse? Oooh come one. We have some standards. When you get a position of CTO or soem experienced engineer and would earn twice less than average salary ... would you be still satisfied (as you have more maoney comparing to not working ... right). Come on - everyone has soem expectations. And if those are realistic -> it is all good !!
<end>

So (end of the small digression) when it comes to evaluating the result I look on more aspects than "looks better". 
So again ... considering:
- his situation before the procedure,
- the expectation you can have 
- the maount of money paid (in this case the package choosen - top class)
- reputation of clinic and surgeon
- area to cover
- donor quality and amount of grats possible for extraction
- and many more factors

I still think that this result is not great, not exceptional, not very good, not good. Also nod bad.

An average. (5-5,5 out of 10) I think also able to achieve going to random Turkish hairmill for 2k EUR.

Of coure it does not mean that @IceBergg is not satisfied. I can see .. he is. Which is good.
But this is why it is important to rate it "frankly" taking into consideration many factors.

• Like 1

@baldDick666 thanks for the compliment :) and I know what your saying re this result, but all I am saying is Eugenix have not put a ton of grafts in here, so for the small amount its turned out well, and under harsh conditions like in his last shot we would all be screwed and look the same as its near impossible to get away with direct top lights

But I think he is in a great position to ride out the next few months to his final result and then can easily go for a touch up if he feels like bits are bothering him, but I would say I like that Eugenix went on the side of caution for the graft amount as maybe his baldness has not stabilised and he might be chasing it more after this?

But I agree with what you and others have said, its just that amount of grafts was never going to be super dense, but in all the photos apart from the harsh lighting I thought it looked really good