Dr Resul Yaman 6400 grafts Full Coverage (29th Nov 2023)

danny007

8 hours ago, danny007 said:

Yes, I agree. I mean in terms of my donor area not being the best from the start there is a huge improvement. However, this is the illusion it's giving under home light. If I was to go out in natural sunlight you could see that it's not dense. 

I am happy with the progress but not happy with the result (if that makes sense) I was hoping for more density. 

The only reason why it's looking better is because I used an number 8 guard to even it all out. Before that, there was so much more noticable gaps. 

Your result looks great considering the number of grafts used for this huge area. Keep in mind that for this area normally you would need 11.000-12.000 grafts for full coverage. So You got the maximum you could get with 6000+ grafts, you are not bald anymore and you have a good hairline now. You can always do a second surgery to increase density if you want, but this does look good even if you dont do anything. Enjoy your new hair!

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/19/2024 at 7:48 AM, danny007 said:

7.5 months update.

I decided to use a 8 guard on the top of my hair to make it even and I used a 5 gurard on the sides/back. These pics were taken in normal house lighting but all my pics prior to this were taken in direct window lighting. 

Please let me know your honest opinions. 

20240719_123320.jpg

20240719_123532.jpg

20240719_123608_001.jpg

20240719_123851.jpg

20240719_123911.jpg

20240719_123950.jpg

20240719_124010.jpg

20240719_124031.jpg

The donor looks pretty good at this length. The entire transplant is looking pretty good at this point. You were never going to get full looking density with one transplant due to the amount of area you needed to cover.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, Al - Moderator said:

The donor looks pretty good at this length. The entire transplant is looking pretty good at this point. You were never going to get full looking density with one transplant due to the amount of area you needed to cover.

How much grafts do you think I need for good density & how much grafts do you think I can get out of my current donor area? Thanks

• Moderators
19 hours ago, danny007 said:

How much grafts do you think I need for good density & how much grafts do you think I can get out of my current donor area? Thanks

I don't think you have anything left in your donor area or if you do it's going to be very few. I personally wouldn't want to thin it out any more than it already is. If you can get at least 1500 grafts from your beard I think you can spread those throughout the entire midscalp that I marked and end up with some decent density. The crown is probably going to have to be left alone unless you can get a lot more beard or perhaps chest grafts.

20240719_123950.thumb.jpg.dd65a17be38d7e1618d5dc3ef6a0714a.jpg

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 weeks later...

8.5 Months update.

Remember people, the 7.5 months update I posted wasn't in direct window light. These pics are back to the normal window lighting I used for the rest of the pics (apart from 7.5 months) 

8.5 Months update - I've had a hair cut on the sides only this time. I have not shortened the top this time.

20240817_120659.jpg

20240817_121155.jpg

20240817_121303.jpg

20240817_121243.jpg

20240817_121345.jpg

20240817_121330.jpg

20240817_121317.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, danny007 said:

8.5 Months update.

Remember people, the 7.5 months update I posted wasn't in direct window light. These pics are back to the normal window lighting I used for the rest of the pics (apart from 7.5 months) 

8.5 Months update - I've had a hair cut on the sides only this time. I have not shortened the top this time.

20240817_120659.jpg

20240817_121155.jpg

20240817_121303.jpg

20240817_121243.jpg

20240817_121345.jpg

20240817_121330.jpg

20240817_121317.jpg

Not bad for 6400 grafts tbh

8 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Not bad for 6400 grafts tbh

Thank you.

I will certainly need another transplant to address the problem areas. I feel the biggest disadvantage I have is my hair being fine which requires me to need alot more grafts to cover the areas. 

• Moderators

This looks good considering the size of the area you were trying to cover. It looks like you still have a lot of beard hair left. As I said earlier on this thread, I think this would turn out excellent if you do one more procedure to add a lot of beard hair into the midscalp.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

12 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

This looks good considering the size of the area you were trying to cover. It looks like you still have a lot of beard hair left. As I said earlier on this thread, I think this would turn out excellent if you do one more procedure to add a lot of beard hair into the midscalp.

Yess you're right. I am considering getting another procedure. Do you think I have more crown growth left? I heard it takes up to 18 months for the crown. I'm not sure if I have more crown growth left. 

I just wish I wasn't cursed so much with 'severe' Male Pattern Baldness and on top of that fine donor hair! 

It looks pretty good considering your previous situation and the fact that you had to cover a very large norwood 6-7 area.
In addition if you try to comb your hair with a comb in one direction (e.g. sideways) it will look even better because now it seems that some of your hairs are tangled between each other.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It looks pretty good. I'd like to see what the underneath the chin area of your beard looks like to see how many grafts it looks you can still pull from there.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)