4350 Grafts Yaman surgery 25/7/23

beegee84

10 hours ago, Divinehair said:

Excellent result...thats an amazing transformation by Dr Yaman...congrats manΒ πŸ™ŒπŸ˜€πŸ‘Œ

image(7).thumb.jpg.9be9a9a7fe4a0a26f63ba67a19095dff.jpg

Great side by side there I think I'm probably 95% there, obviously not including the part still to be done.

Β 

What I noticed from month 5-9 was thickening, the colour getting stronger, and any areas that didn't come through fully caught up.

Β 

Unfortunately now I'm wearing hats because it's come through so well it's very obvious at the backΒ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oben said:

Very good result! Are you planning a second HT? And are you again considering Dr Yaman?

Yep to both questions.

Β 

Only problem I have at the moment is I haven't got back into my usual role at work yet so can't book any time off.

Β 

Achilles injuries are a nightmare if your job is physicalΒ 

Hey that's just fabulous! I hope you are satisfied so far. How was your medication plan? What shampoo did you use? Thank you imvoraus.ichI have my appointment in September!β€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Š

On 5/19/2024 at 12:43 PM, go4hair said:

Hey that's just fabulous! I hope you are satisfied so far. How was your medication plan? What shampoo did you use? Thank you imvoraus.ichI have my appointment in September!β€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Šβ€Š

Hair MD products they give you but only something big enough to get on the plane.

Β 

I bought more of the same when I got back.

Β 

I used Rogain foam and Lloyd's pharmacy finasteride.

I think they helped early on to get a quick start but will never take finasteride again

Wow...thats an incredible before-after change to a norwood 6 patient! YouΒ  got a really great coverage to frontal third and midscalp. With the next procedure to the crown area with Dr Yaman you will have a full head of hair...Β πŸ™πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜€

• 1 month later...

I know Dr Yaman has been getting a lot heat lately, but credit where credit is due, this is a great result and looks like a high number of grafts yielded!Β 

When are you planning your second surgery?

• Like 2
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023Β - βœ… - see link below for more info
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - SeptΒ 2024Β - βœ…Β - 3200 grafts to frontal third and partial mid-scalpΒ -Β link to thread
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - MayΒ 2025Β - ❌ - 2500-3000Β grafts to remainder of mid-scalp and crown + touch-up

Β 

15 minutes ago, Ccd99 said:

I know Dr Yaman has been getting a lot heat lately, but credit where credit is due, this is a great result and looks like a high number of grafts yielded!Β 

600% true.

This is exactly how should over 4k grafts on frontal third + some midscalp look like.
And that's it.

3 hours ago, baldDick666 said:

600% true.

This is exactly how should over 4k grafts on frontal third + some midscalp look like.
And that's it.

I would not agree completely, the OP has very thick hair, I have seen a lot more dense packed grafts look worse, this is a fantastic result with how spaced out the packing was, great return on 4.5k grafts for sure, but definitely not the norm to look this full, some people just have great hair characteristics for sure

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ccd99 said:

I'm looking at quotes now to finish in September/October.

I can't wait past then as it would push it back to next May earliest so it depends on availability.

There's a few I'll be getting quotes off including Yaman, just depends if dates line up my job is seasonal and very physical. So I'd need most of a month off and winter isn't an option for that much time off.

All those contacted will be in decent regard on here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

I would not agree completely, the OP has very thick hair, I have seen a lot more dense packed grafts look worse, this is a fantastic result with how spaced out the packing was, great return on 4.5k grafts for sure, but definitely not the norm to look this full, some people just have great hair characteristics for sure

Even before I had an op I knew my hair type was probably the perfect hair for getting this done. Not straight hair, thick but not afro thick so punch didn't need to be oversized.

My biggest concern has always been donor management and survival rate. I'd put a guess that the survival rate was very high.

For next HT I'm open to the idea of using body hair grafts to try and save donor area as much as possibleΒ 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, beegee84 said:

Even before I had an op I knew my hair type was probably the perfect hair for getting this done. Not straight hair, thick but not afro thick so punch didn't need to be oversized.

My biggest concern has always been donor management and survival rate. I'd put a guess that the survival rate was very high.

For next HT I'm open to the idea of using body hair grafts to try and save donor area as much as possibleΒ 

Do you have any info on your hair calibre? eg average thickness in microns and donor hair density in fu/cm^2?

• Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023Β - βœ… - see link below for more info
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - SeptΒ 2024Β - βœ…Β - 3200 grafts to frontal third and partial mid-scalpΒ -Β link to thread
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - MayΒ 2025Β - ❌ - 2500-3000Β grafts to remainder of mid-scalp and crown + touch-up

Β 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ccd99 said:

Do you have any info on your hair calibre? eg average thickness in microns and donor hair density in fu/cm^2?

Yaman told me at the time but it hasn't been given to me in writing, I honestly can't remember the specifics

Edited by beegee84

If Yaman decides to join in on this post he can share this information, I'm not sure if it's something that gets kept in his records or not

The left side 1st photo definitely came through better than right side 2nd photo

I think there was maybe a few grafts that got placed a bit further forward on the right side which could be seen in the very first post op photo aswell. Rather than removing them I think I might ask for maybe 50 grafts put in the gaps they created.

Β 

Its barely noticable and could pass as natural.

Β 

Overall I'm happy with hairline as it's not too straight too strong, it's clear the grafts used are overwhelmingly singles

• Like 1

Does Dr. Yaman use manual or motorized fue?Β 

I had my hair transplant 2.5 years ago at his clinic and am planning to go for a second procedure.

My donor area is not the best so I would like to combine scalp hair with beard hair, with manuel fue in the best case.Β 

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if I can ask, is there a reason you don’t get the crown done at the same time? Is it just cost? Or is there a different reason? I’ve seen quite a few were the crown hasn’t been done at the same time.

1 hour ago, 556 said:

I wonder if I can ask, is there a reason you don’t get the crown done at the same time? Is it just cost? Or is there a different reason? I’ve seen quite a few were the crown hasn’t been done at the same time.

If you focus on 2 areas in a hair transplant rather than 3 area you will get better density on these areas. for example Β If the same grafts were distributed in a bigger area then lower density would be achieved. Thus it’s better to do the crown in a second surgery to achieve the best result.Β