4350 Grafts Yaman surgery 25/7/23

beegee84

• Moderators
On 8/6/2024 at 6:44 AM, 556 said:

I wonder if I can ask, is there a reason you don’t get the crown done at the same time? Is it just cost? Or is there a different reason? I’ve seen quite a few were the crown hasn’t been done at the same time.

It's not always a good idea to do too many grafts to try to cover everything because you may risk donor depletion. You could spread the grafts over the entire area, but then you would be thin everywhere. What you decide to do depends on a lot of factors such as how good your donor is, how much area you need to cover, how thick your individual hairs are, amount of money you have available to spend, etc. You will usually end up needing to have 2 surgeries anyway, so a lot of times it's just a preference of whether you want to be thin all over the recipient area after the first transplant or whether you'd rather have a more full front half after the first one.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)

I wanted the full lot done, they advised against it on the day. If I'm honest I was a little upset about it at the time.

After looking into it more I'm glad they did. If you take too much in 1 go the scars can merge together making them look much larger and more noticable so it's a bad idea for higher norwoods.

I contacted Yaman about 2nd op, but they want to use micro motor, which I was okay with for the first op because I had an unharvested donor area, but I'm not okay with It for 2nd op.

I'm wanting manual extraction only for 2nd op with possible body hair to add density.

Yaman offers beard hair but not body hair, and my beard hair is super thick. Way to thick for the head. I'm finding the transplanted hairs from the back and sides are already thicker than original hairs so I use a straightener now to get it closer to original hair.

I'm in talks with another DR that offers body hair, manual extraction, and non shaven transplants. Pending holiday acceptance this looks a done deal for March now.

My biggest concern is donor management for 2nd op and this Dr uses very small punch from what I've seen of his work, his donor management is top notch.

I won't reveal who it is till deposit is down as anything could happen at this point.

Overall I never really wanted this to end up taking this long but I'm going to get it completed ASAP with the best possible outcome I can get even if I have to wait a year longer than I was okay with at the start

Edited by beegee84

On 8/8/2024 at 11:12 PM, beegee84 said:

I wanted the full lot done, they advised against it on the day. If I'm honest I was a little upset about it at the time.

After looking into it more I'm glad they did. If you take too much in 1 go the scars can merge together making them look much larger and more noticable so it's a bad idea for higher norwoods.

I contacted Yaman about 2nd op, but they want to use micro motor, which I was okay with for the first op because I had an unharvested donor area, but I'm not okay with It for 2nd op.

I'm wanting manual extraction only for 2nd op with possible body hair to add density.

Yaman offers beard hair but not body hair, and my beard hair is super thick. Way to thick for the head. I'm finding the transplanted hairs from the back and sides are already thicker than original hairs so I use a straightener now to get it closer to original hair.

I'm in talks with another DR that offers body hair, manual extraction, and non shaven transplants. Pending holiday acceptance this looks a done deal for March now.

My biggest concern is donor management for 2nd op and this Dr uses very small punch from what I've seen of his work, his donor management is top notch.

I won't reveal who it is till deposit is down as anything could happen at this point.

Overall I never really wanted this to end up taking this long but I'm going to get it completed ASAP with the best possible outcome I can get even if I have to wait a year longer than I was okay with at the start

I dont think its a good idea to use body hairs. Body hairs have small survival rate and they do not grow a lot, so they are no good to add them in the scalp. Its much better to use beard hairs like dr yaman suggested you.
Thicker beard hairs will give you better coverage for the crown area, which is something you really need. 

Btw your result from your first hair transplant with Dr Yaman is awesome, so i would stick with dr yaman for the second hair transplant too.

Posted (edited)

I've just put a deposit down with Dr Michalis in Cyprus. Scheduled for early March 2200-2600 grafts, I plan to visit Cyprus prior for a more accurate estimate.

This was definitely influenced by malledive's post

Edited by beegee84

4 hours ago, beegee84 said:

I've just put a deposit down with Dr Michalis in Cyprus. Scheduled for early March 2200-2600 grafts, I plan to visit Cyprus prior for a more accurate estimate.

This was definitely influenced by malledive's post

What is cost compared to Yaman

Hi,

Is this number of grafts enough to fill the crown? and will he also use beard hair or initially only from your head. am also curious why specifically this doctor and not for example HDC (they are also in Cyprus) and have seen some nice results.

On 8/15/2024 at 4:38 PM, Shawnintheusa said:

What is cost compared to Yaman

1.9 euro per graft, so if I had first operation with Michalis it would've been close to 3 times the price. This also includes flights up to €400 but doesn't include blood tests which is mandatory at €75. so I'm saving on 1 hand losing on the other.

Yamans price is same regardless of the number of grafts. But the price of $ vs £ effects this price for me personally with the $ being worth so much right now vs when I got first operation done. If the amount of grafts used is closer to the lower estimate of 2200 then price between the 2 all things considered will be in the hundreds In difference. If its on the higher estimate it'll be closer to £1k-£1.5k more.

This is for 2 day's operation with Michalis vs 1 day operation with Yaman, and full Dr involvement all manual punches done by Michalis vs micro motor done by techs at Yaman. All incisions will be done by Michalis then implanted by techs vs Yamans implant pen similar to DHI done by mostly techs. The Last part from what I've gathered there isn't much difference you can get good results with either method.

The extraction part was the part that bothered me, I don't think it matters too much 1st operation, but I'm not really okay with a micro motor being used for 2nd operation in an already harvested area if the operation is smaller I don't really see the need for it. Yes I understand you can  get more grafts quicker that way than with a manual punch, but if it's less grafts required over 2 days instead of 1, I think a manual punch will be more accurate and will save donor area better.

Ultimately for a smaller operation the price isn't that much more and after seeing his work in a few reviews in this forum I can see his extraction work is very good in particular, possibly up there with Zarev. It's shame there isn't loads of reviews to go off though.

I don't regret going with Yaman for first operation they definitely did a good job. Going with Yaman makes more sense if it's first operation and higher amount of grafts

• Like 1

Next month I'm visiting Cyprus so will get a more accurate quote. They do offer body hair transplant as an option so I'll be discussing that in person 

Most doctors use motorised punch nowdays. Thats not a problem. And also dr yaman has an option for manual punch too. Btw Dr yaman gave you an awesome result for the frontal third and miscalp, one of the best results of this forum, and everyone would be happy with that result... Anyway good luck with your next procedure.

On 8/17/2024 at 3:38 PM, Miller1980 said:

Most doctors use motorised punch nowdays. Thats not a problem. And also dr yaman has an option for manual punch too. Btw Dr yaman gave you an awesome result for the frontal third and miscalp, one of the best results of this forum, and everyone would be happy with that result... Anyway good luck with your next procedure.

I asked about manual punch and they didn't want to know

This is by far the best result I've seen from Dr. Yaman to date. You achieved excellent survival rate on your 1st procedure and the hairline looks natural. Looking forward to seeing the results from your second procedure given where you started from. 

I was so impressed by this result that I have contacted Yaman to arrange my own transplant but it’s concerning that they do not seem interested in giving you what you want for your second transplant. Especially as their own website gives a lot of detail about Dr Yamans ‘revolutionary’ manual punch techniques.

Their communication has not been great either. A copy and paste for the first response and then a few lines after that and ignoring most of the questions I asked.