Dr. Patrick Mwamba Brussels 5512 grafts (Scalp 2835 and BHT 2677) October 2022. One year post HT.

omarca

My premonition is that if Dr. Mwamba is doing any procedures in Atlanta, it would be in Dr. Col_s clinic in Alpharetta…I stand to be corrected.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

3 months after hoping left temple of hairline fills in and the crown. Sorry for not posting much in this uglyduck phase

IMG_8447.jpeg

IMG_8449.jpeg

IMG_8451.jpeg

IMG_8455.jpeg

IMG_8457.jpeg

IMG_8466.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Well Done 1

I think things look very good and am happy for you omarca…I expected your crown to look thinner so that’s a pleasant surprise.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

The first clinic i went back in 2018 was a plastic surgeon not specialized in ht…it is nobody just a clinic name. Not in this forum…actually …where two technicians actually did the work…that doc never touch my head.
The point to take here is that he told me that i did not need meds anymore…less than 5 years after that i lost almost all my hair- i was very naive. Not mentioning the name of that clinic because of my personal privacy. 

The doc that told me i was nw7 or where i was heading was Mwamba…but maybe i am less nw maybe 6. There is a quote in this thread stating that. If iam nw6 o 5 better for me. 
hope this helps

On 6/24/2024 at 4:34 PM, omarca said:

Sorry fin 5 times a wk, dut 2 times a wk, min everyday

That's exactly what I take too.  

And I also went to Dr Mwamba,    twice.  

Hello Omarca. Thanks so much for this thread, such valuable information that you are sharing about your story. And those photos, wow, pricelesss.

Your new look it wonderful already and you still have so many months ahead of you for improvement but, wow, what an incredible work by Dr Mwamba and his team.

Keep those photos coming! Thanks thanks!

image.png.fd152b5e62949eee20dafd1dbcc13559.pngKee

• Thanks 1

Every update looks better and better!

• Like 1

Gillenator

5 hours ago, SilentUser said:

Maybe the best result I have ever seen on a NW7. Insane work. Congratulations

bud thanks! Not sure about that ! I have seen here amazing results. Just glad and humble where iam. Hope it continues to fill in.

• 4 weeks later...

Every time you show progress pics, your scalp shows more regrowth omarca!…have you considered adding some SMP to your crown?…that would help reduce the reflection of ultraviolet light off of your scalp and you could undoubtedly get by with adding fewer grafts in that area.

Gillenator

Posted (edited)

Hey @gillenator hope you are doing great! I did smp back in 2019, maybe i need a touchup in that area. I need a really good smp clinic for density illusion. Maybe longer hair can help; or a good haircut. Its been 5 months and by this time you have an idea of the outcome…Lets see. Here are three more photos/angles of the crown with bathroom lights directly to the crown/scalp.  All the best my friend !

IMG_9397.jpeg

IMG_9405.jpeg

IMG_9404.jpeg

Edited by omarca
  • Like 2

Still, your posterior area (crown) looks so much better considering where you started my good friend…and I agree, another quality pass of SMP will reduce the level of reflection of light in the area and yes a longer length will help as well…that’s what I did in my crown, adding fibers will also potentially work well because you have the right amount of hair for the fibers to cling to and you don’t have to use the fibers 24/7 rather use it when you are at important social gatherings…wishing you well my friend!

Gillenator

• 4 weeks later...

6th mo update photos:1- towel dried, and 2-trying a slick back with headlube and a little of sea salt powder. Still hoping crown fills in a little more…but if this is the final result iam very satisfied. Btw i cut the sides of my hair myself…have not touched top for 3 months now

IMG_9794.jpeg

IMG_9798.jpeg

IMG_9804.jpeg

IMG_9808.jpeg

IMG_9811.jpeg

IMG_9816.jpeg

IMG_0037.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

IMG_0046.jpeg

IMG_0047.jpeg

IMG_0048.jpeg

IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0057.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0063.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I am speechless, not sure you were heading for NW7 no way, fantastic outcome.

You have a strong beard, was there any word with the surgeon about taking beard grafts from your cheeks and chin?

In theory you have at least 2000 beard grafts more in store there in case you would go for another surgery later down the line?