Dr. Patrick Mwamba Brussels 5512 grafts (Scalp 2835 and BHT 2677) October 2022. One year post HT.

omarca

@Broni hey! My dad is nw6 and my brother nw7…i think iam nw6. I said nw7 because it says that in the paper after the consultation. 
My plan was not to touch the beard besides the neck…trying not to damage my beard perse. But if it is needed in the future i may use it. Will be weird not having a beard tbo. All my beard hairs are white…i dye it! So will have to be prepared to dye my scalp if that happends. All the best for you my friend.

• Like 1

Hey did you have your surgery in Belgium or the us?  Also how much is the cost of the entire procedure per graft with Dr mwamba?  I’m considering a similar procedure.  Thanks 

@kujii both procedures where in Brussels! But the consultation was in US and the quotation. Tbo i dont remember exactly the cost per grafts since he charges different in US vs Bru maybe because of the change in currency. Also he charges more for the BHT vs the Scalp maybe because it is more difficult the extraction ect of BHT. Maybe 3-5$/€ scalp and 6-8$/€ bht. Hope this helps

4 hours ago, omarca said:

@kujii both procedures where in Brussels! But the consultation was in US and the quotation. Tbo i dont remember exactly the cost per grafts since he charges different in US vs Bru maybe because of the change in currency. Also he charges more for the BHT vs the Scalp maybe because it is more difficult the extraction ect of BHT. Maybe 3-5$/€ scalp and 6-8$/€ bht. Hope this helps

Thank you.   Why did you choose to go to Brussels over having the surgery done in USA?  Is there any quality difference between here and there?  Thanks 

The quality is rhe sqme because the personel is the same. The two procedure originaly where sched to be on US but clinic change at last moment… ask me if i was willing to go… So BRU was it !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, omarca said:

The quality is rhe sqme because the personel is the same. The two procedure originaly where sched to be on US but clinic change at last moment… ask me if i was willing to go… So BRU was it !

Was it awkward traveling after the HT back to America ? I’m afraid of looking like a terrorist and not being allowed back in looking like that haha 

Edited by kujii
  • Haha 1

I stayed like 3 extra days in Bru after the ht! Those days ali went to clinic for wash. I also used a big baseball cap not touching grafts… you will be fine.

there are some debate about the bht being susceptible to dht…. I think it isnt…in the other hand a read somewhere that testosterone and dht hormones promotes the growth of bht. Iam right in the middle cause iam using fn and min. Fin blocks dht that is good for bht but bad for scalp hair…finger crossed

Edited by omarca
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

This is absolutely INSANE! 
41601E28-04AB-45D7-8516-652EA7A3CD38.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, omarca said:

Thanks @Melvin- Admin i am very gratefull for finding this forum…i remember the first message i sent to you back in 2022! Thanks a lot from all of us and to all the people here that helped me and all the patients. thanks a lot to @Dr. Patrick Mwamba, dr Ali and the team.

IMG_0204.png

It brings me great joy to know that I contributed to your transformation in a small way 🙏

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

Congratulations @omarca. Your hair looks amazing. Wondering how much SMP is contributing to the final result

I think smp contributes a lot specially in the ugly duck phase. Also the medications contributed i think a lot because i was very diffuse thiner and maybe some of those miniaturized hairs survived and matured along the transplanted grafts. 

• Moderators
On 7/8/2024 at 7:30 PM, omarca said:

IMG_8885.jpeg

You're going to be replacing Hugh Jackman as the next Wolverine.

• Haha 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.