12,501 grafts / Dr. Felipe Pittella / Jan 2024

Posted (edited)

Friends! Just 10 days shy of 6 months since my HT with Dr. Felipe Pittella. 

Here are the photos as of today. Note, I had dyed my hair a few days back, but other than that no other hair products. 

Had gone to a barber few weeks back…and I revealed to them at the end about HT. Him and his colleagues could not believe it.😊

Please share your thoughts…good, bad, or ugly! Many thanks!

IMG_4848.jpeg

IMG_4841.jpeg

IMG_4838.jpeg

IMG_4833.jpeg

IMG_4831.jpeg

IMG_4827.jpeg

Edited by YodaHead
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

19 minutes ago, YodaHead said:

Here are the photos as of today. Note, I had dyed my hair a few days back, but other than that no other hair products. 

Had gone to a barber few weeks back…and I revealed to them at the end about HT. Him and his colleagues could not believe it.😊

IMG_4848.jpeg

IMG_4841.jpeg

IMG_4838.jpeg

IMG_4833.jpeg

IMG_4831.jpeg

IMG_4827.jpeg

Amazing

• Like 1

Wow this turned out amazing! And still a few more months to go reach full maturation of the new hair!

@YodaHead how do you feel about your donor area? Curious to see more photos of it in harsher lighting.

• Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - see link below for more info
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - 3200 grafts to frontal third and partial mid-scalp - link to thread
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - May 2025 -  - 2500-3000 grafts to remainder of mid-scalp and crown + touch-up

• Administrators

You look way younger 

36C1EC20-149F-4E30-B59D-70F9B4635BB5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

38 minutes ago, Ccd99 said:

how do you feel about your donor area? Curious to see more photos of it in harsher lighting.

I will definitely be posting more pictures taken outdoors. I no complaints about donor areas at all. Note, I never had a very strong donor, so to me it is not drastically different to what it was. Plus, I always like fade cut from sides and back so not a concern for me. At the end, with NW7, I am very happy with the results so far. There’s still few more months to go…so will see what the end results look like. 

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

49 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

Let me ask you what was the cost per graft for your hair transplant with dr pittella?

I had paid $3/graft. I am not sure of his current prices. 

Link to my journey:

• Moderators

Wow. Your hair looks great 

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, YodaHead said:

IMG_4848.jpeg

IMG_4841.jpeg

IMG_4838.jpeg

IMG_4833.jpeg

IMG_4831.jpeg

IMG_4827.jpeg

It looks incredible.  Amazing.  I looked at all your pictures and I truly can Not tell that beard hair was used!  Thus, why did you dye your hair? (I noticed more and more guys are doing this.) Was it simply to dye your grey hair? Or, was it to mask the differences in Texture between the scalp & beard hairs? Thanks!  

Edited by Approach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Approach said:

why did you dye your hair? (I noticed more and more guys are doing this.) Was it simply to dye your grey hair? Or, was it to mask the differences in Texture between the scalp & beard hairs?

It was simply to dye grey hair. My hair started greying in 20s and I have been coloring for many years. Now that I have more hair, the gray dominates, hence, trying to avoid sudden change in the hair color. Plan is to gradually reduce/stop coloring. 

Link to my journey:

Thank you! @Gatsby oh that’s definitely good to know that donor will continue to bounce back up to 12 months.

Also, i keep trimming my donor areas every couple of weeks so it does appear to be weaker in the photos. I will probably let it grow to see the actual state.

• Like 1

Link to my journey:

• Valued Contributor

@YodaHead After my first repair/hair transplant 2.5 years ago I just let the whole thing grow out for up to 7 or 8 months before having a trim/hair cut, etc. I really thought that was going to be my final surgery as my donor was very thin. However by month 8 - 12 the donor kept on thickening and improving, enabling me to have the second surgery. I even had a small third one 5 months ago. Patience is a bitch! Lol!

• Like 1

Hi @YodaHead Thanks for sharing your experience. Not sure if you already mentioned this but am curious what were the factors that made you choose Dr Pitella over Eugenix? 

Posted (edited)

Personally, I think this is one of the top results I've seen.  Fantastic hairline.  It looks like you pushed the limits of your donor area -- without over-harvesting; it will bounce back.  Super happy for you.  Thanks for your thorough write-up too.  (I like the barber story!)

Edited by Approach
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Approach said:

It looks like you pushed the limits of your donor area -- without over-harvesting; it will bounce back. 

Thank you! Yes i feel my donor is looking better than i expected. I keep trimming it short but It does look much fuller if i let it grow. When i rub my fingers on the scalp, i feel still some hair that are yet to fully grow… so i am hoping things getting even better over the course of next few months.

Link to my journey:

3 hours ago, chiboy said:

Not sure if you already mentioned this but am curious what were the factors that made you choose Dr Pitella over Eugenix? 

I did respond to some DMs on this topic and happy to provide more insight via DM but in general…

Pittella does giga sessions—which is what i wanted, rather than having to go back multiple times. This may have been risky but I just wanted to get over with it in one go. Especially, when i knew i had selected a doctor with solid track record in high NW.

In terms of my budget, i could either go with Pitella or Dr. Das from eugenix. Dr. Sethi was a bit more pricey for me. Head to head—Pittella vs Das—I think Pittella gets more marks in my opinion.

Lastly, my one-on-one call with Pittella went very well and I just got that positive vibe immediately. 

It was a close call between the two but above factors helped me decide.

• Like 1

Link to my journey:

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 5:41 PM, YodaHead said:

I did respond to some DMs on this topic and happy to provide more insight via DM but in general…

Pittella does giga sessions—which is what i wanted, rather than having to go back multiple times. This may have been risky but I just wanted to get over with it in one go. Especially, when i knew i had selected a doctor with solid track record in high NW.

In terms of my budget, i could either go with Pitella or Dr. Das from eugenix. Dr. Sethi was a bit more pricey for me. Head to head—Pittella vs Das—I think Pittella gets more marks in my opinion.

Lastly, my one-on-one call with Pittella went very well and I just got that positive vibe immediately. 

It was a close call between the two but above factors helped me decide.

Curious how involved Dr. Pittella is in the procedure btw. I assume he does all the extractions? How much of the implantation does he do?

congrats on this result. I have similar hair quality I believe and same level of baldness. Also having Pitella as my top 3 picks currently but havent decided yet. Would love to see the final outcome of the crown area here

Here…tried taking some photos out in the balcony during daylight.

1 week shy of 7 months. Per Dr. Pittella…there’s still about 30% more growth remaining.

IMG_5343.jpeg

IMG_5346.jpeg

IMG_5332.jpeg

IMG_5329.jpeg

• Like 4

Link to my journey: