Dr. Bloxham - 2 FUTs + FUE temple points, 7350 grafts

8 hours ago, BourdainLesaux said:

Sounds like a solid plan. Agree that the midscalp to frontal area turned out alright but for the prices they are charging you have to compare it with the best doctors in the world. It's hard to understand that until you have a procedure with a top doctor to compare it to. I ended up going to Dr. Laorwong after doing extensive research. Even with the travel, it cost me less than half the price of the NY surgery despite being FUE instead of FUT, and more hair was extracted overall. The result ended up being excellent just 4 months after the surgery (including crown) instead of having to wait 2 yrs for poor growth.

Understood.  Sorry you had to go through all that. 4 months to coverage on your crown is impressively fast. My hairline grew in quickly like that, but my mid scalp was just a little faster than my crown is going. To me, the results in the front were great, so no hesitation to proceed with the same dr for the back and temples. I will withhold final judgment until the full 18 months, expecting continued month over month improvement, slow as it may be.  Perhaps that is cautiously optimistic, but I don’t yet have reason to feel otherwise.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Do you mind elaborating on what you mean when you say the techs were unprofessional? 

Sure. The topics of conversation ranged from how they will be able to smuggle alcohol into a concert they will be attending tomorrow, to discussing Harry Potter fan fiction. One of the techs was giggling about how she "dropped some hairs" during implantation. It seemed to be a majority of younger, less experienced techs with some older, more serious and experienced techs toward the end of the surgery. I can't attest to how they did with the implantation itself, but the lack of focus and flippant attitude did not fill me with confidence about the result

• 2 weeks later...

8 month crown, indoors and in direct sunlight  

7 months temples 

Also included a 10 month shot of mid-scalp from first HT…. It’s amazing to me how much faster my hairline grew versus the midscalp. Given that, and as I am seeing month over month progress in crown and temples, albeit slow, I’m not worried and content to hold judgment til 18 months  

IMG_7854.jpeg

IMG_7980.jpeg

IMG_7981.jpeg

IMG_7959.jpeg

IMG_8037.jpeg

IMG_8039.jpeg

IMG_8003.jpeg

IMG_3276.jpeg

IMG_7953.jpeg

IMG_5383.jpeg

IMG_5384.jpeg

Edited by LeonBlack
Added original pre-op and current hairline at 20 months

It’s coming along, though slowly. Definitely interesting how the midscalp was a “slow-grower” on the first procedure vs much faster on the hairline. Will be interesting to follow this out to 18 months. If the crown and temples turn out like the hairline this will look fantastic. 

Comparing views in the same lighting, I think this is the biggest 1 month crown improvement I’ve seen.  While my hairline looked full and dense by about 9 months, with big monthly improvements after the 5 or 6th month, midscalp took 14-16 months to look good, with about 2 months in between clear improvements after month 9 or so. Crown appears to be following that pattern. 

IMG_8076.jpeg

IMG_8078.jpeg

IMG_8079.jpeg

Edited by LeonBlack

• 2 weeks later...

Temple points starting to take shape and frame my forehead a lot better.  I know there’s a lot more thickening/maturing to come over the next several months. With how thick and dark my hair shafts are, I like the feathered look of the temple points.  Left does appear to be lagging some behind the right  

IMG_8758.jpeg

IMG_8742.jpeg

Edited by LeonBlack

5 hours ago, hairthere said:

Amazing what a difference a few months can make. Looks very good. Congrats!

Thanks!

I’ve gotten some qs re the scar. I’ll get some updated pics shortly. Looks about the same size as the pictures I put up a few months ago, just more white in color now. My donor on sides over the scar is 2 weeks out from a 3.5 on buzzer in the current pics. Scar goes over both ears as below. 

IMG_5384.jpeg

Edited by LeonBlack

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LeonBlack said:

9 months crown, 8 months temples. Starting to see some coverage in the crown at this halfway point.  

IMG_9196.jpeg

IMG_9194.jpeg

IMG_9193.jpeg

IMG_9188.jpeg

IMG_9185.jpeg

Really exciting to see that crown coming in!

I wish we had a better understanding of why the crown can often take longer than other parts. I've heard that there's less blood flow to the crown but I'm not sure how true that really is.